• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does Prison Work

tickletorments1

TMF Regular
Does prison work.

What alternative could we have.

Should the death penalty be brought back. (uk)

Would you like to see the stocks, rack,ducking stool, brought back into use.

I think the isle of man (part of british isles) still had the birch in use in the sixties.

Are we getting too soft or too hard, crime seems to be on the increase in the main.

Prison works quite well, as it turns out. However, I think we should take a cue from certain Scandinavian countries and focus far, far more on rehabilitation than punitive measures. Isn't it better to have more productive members of society than less?

That said, the middle ages and renaissance didn't see near the same crime rates, and they took far more drastic measures. Perhaps there is something to be said of making an example of criminals.

Prison works quite well, as it turns out.

Gotta disagree with ya on that Bella. Our legal system needs a serious look through. From drug dealing by the guards and forced prostitution by the guards on female inmates to prisoners attacking (and even killing) one another to prisoners raping one another, the whole system lacks security for the prisoners as a whole. The system seems geared toward making criminals meaner, nastier, and put them back on the street to deal drugs again (due to them not being able to find decent jobs due to having a criminal record).

Perhaps there is something to be said of making an example of criminals.

Hell no! We should NOT BRING BACK dungeons and torture! It's our job to be BETTER than the monsters that sleep under our bed every night. The only type of example making I'd be up for is removal of gentiles from pedophiles and even then only after two strikes.

Wait... I'm sorry... I'm supposed to care about the rights of people who trod all over others? Sorry. Just can't give a fuck.

My only issue with prison is the justice system itself. There are a lot of innocent people in jail, or people in jail because they wouldn't cooperate with the investigation for whatever reason.
Secondly, there are so many petty offenders who go to prison only to come out as hardened criminals. Im not saying every tax-fraud-felon who goes in is going to come out a seasoned hitman, but a kid that goes in charged with assault with a deadly weapon for kicking some racist prick while wearing shoes (this actually happened) or the kid who happened to be hanging out a friend's house when they decided to shoot the pizza guy in the face (also actually happened) are getting 10, 15, 20 yrs in prison because of the two faced justice system. What else are they going to become? They're lives are over.

Wait... I'm sorry... I'm supposed to care about the rights of people who trod all over others? Sorry. Just can't give a fuck.

Statements like this serve as exemplars to the average US citizen's "fuck everybody else" mentality. It's the reason people trod all over others in the first place - they're looking out for numero uno.

Does prison work? What would be the alternative? Do you think someone isn't going to murder another person because they could be placed in the stocks for a day or two???? I'm actually taking a crime theory class right now during the summer session at my university, and I can assure you from some very basic information and stats provided in my book that attempting to deter people from crime through alternatives does not work.

On another note.....there is no sufficient evidence showing that states with the death penalty have lower murder counts. In fact, coincidence or not, states with the death penalty also have some of the highest serious crime numbers in the country. Overall though, the best way to keep someone from repeating a serious crime is to lock them up for it. That at least keeps them off the street for a time period while they are incarcerated. Whether or not they commit a crime again when released is really an unpredictable circumstance, but at least during the time they are in prison they can't harm innocent people on the street.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that so many people complain that "over-capacity" incarceration is raising tax dollars. Well.......if those people weren't all incarcerated they would also be increasing the unemployment level for non-criminals in the community by possibly taking up more unskilled labor jobs and leaving people who aren't risks for committing crimes out of work. I'd be pretty pissed off if I couldn't even get a "McJob" because a chronic criminal gets hired before me since the justice system felt he didn't need to serve time.

Last edited:
It turns out that the best way to make people stop committing crimes is to educate them. Another thing those pesky college degrees are useful for, I suppose?

It turns out that the best way to make people stop committing crimes is to educate them. Another thing those pesky college degrees are useful for, I suppose?

Agreed. Statistics show that most crimes committed by people ages 14-24 involves non-students, and most victims in that age group are also reported as non-students.

Statements like this serve as exemplars to the average US citizen's "fuck everybody else" mentality. It's the reason people trod all over others in the first place - they're looking out for numero uno.

Oh please. People make choices to commit crimes. Please don't hand me the tired old argument it is not the fault of the criminal,but the fault of society.

People have shit upon me when I was growing up. Did i become a criminal? No.

Oh please. People make choices to commit crimes. Please don't hand me the tired old argument it is not the fault of the criminal,but the fault of society.

True people do make the choices and its not the fault of society that a person turns to crime.

But surely that choice to turn to crime can depend on so many factors too numerous to mention.

Among the many elements i can think of in random order are:

Upbringing, education,environment, intellect, desperation, the just happens situation,being led on, the need to impress, peer groups, drink, drugs, lack of money,greed, envy,influence of a member of the opposite sex.

I think a lot can happen in life to temper ones resolve commit crime or not.

The choice is there sure, to do, or not to do the deed, but its the quality of that choice that makes the difference,sometimes the band width of that choice can be very slim and marginal.

True people do make the choices and its not the fault of society that a person turns to crime.

But surely that choice to turn to crime can depend on so many factors too numerous to mention.

Among the many elements i can think of in random order are:

Upbringing, education,environment, intellect, desperation, the just happens situation,being led on, the need to impress, peer groups, drink, drugs, lack of money,greed, envy,influence of a member of the opposite sex.

I think a lot can happen in life to temper ones resolve commit crime or not.

The choice is there sure, to do, or not to do the deed, but its the quality of that choice that makes the difference,sometimes the band width of that choice can be very slim and marginal.
No argument on education. Upbringing? Maybe.I guess it depends upon a person's definition of upbringing.

I have two half brothers. One of them decided to hang out with the wrong crowd. His choice. Him and his so called friends decided to go and rob. This was down in Florida. that criminal half brother of mine shot at the police. He is lucky he was not killed. He spent ten years in jail.
One of my sisters stole lottery tickets,and was caught. She got fired for it,and was only put on probation.

I have no pity for either of them. Call me what you will. That one sister of mine has had many chances to get her life and act together. She is forty.

You are a supporter of what is known as the "asshole theory," (and yes, this is an actual theory) which is a theory that indicates that people commit crimes not because of societal factors, but simply because they are assholes.

No, it does NOT work. The prison system is a bloated monstrosity where non-violent offenders are thrown into state run rape-houses for YEARS. Thieves, burglars, drug dealers, drunk drivers etc DO NOT deserve to get raped. There's actually a National Prison Rape Elimination Commission NPREC but it doesn't seem to do much.

How does it "rehabilitate" a criminal to put him in a place where society's laws don't apply? ie a prison.

http://www.justdetention.org/ is a site about stopping sexual assaults in prisons, and support for victims of it.

Of course if we'd actually put murderers and rapists to death they could never murder or rape again, inside or outside of prison...

No, it does NOT work. The prison system is a bloated monstrosity where non-violent offenders are thrown into state run rape-houses for YEARS. Thieves, burglars, drug dealers, drunk drivers etc DO NOT deserve to get raped. There's actually a National Prison Rape Elimination Commission NPREC but it doesn't seem to do much.

How does it "rehabilitate" a criminal to put him in a place where society's laws don't apply? ie a prison.

http://www.justdetention.org/ is a site about stopping sexual assaults in prisons, and support for victims of it.

Of course if we'd actually put murderers and rapists to death they could never murder or rape again, inside or outside of prison...

I think we are singing off the same song sheet in some respects.

I think that a lot of people who are in prison should not be there.

The people who failed to pay court fines,people concerned with finance and fraud, all the minor criminals should be on a different system.

The murders and rapists who are repeat offenders and where there is no shadow of doubt about their guilt,ought to be on the system some would advocate the death penalty.

But i have concerns over that, in so much as the police and courts have got it wrong in the past, and offenders have been innocent, the advent of DNA seems to have uncovered these past situations.

I often wonder about the strict muslim laws, they do seem to have lower crime rates, but who wants a thousand lashes for drinking in public.

We need something inbetween some common sense and sensible reforms.

Iam talking UK but the USA is similar from what little i know.

We pay a lot of money to keep people in jail who should not be there, and a lol of money paying for serial offenders to be in prison, the death penalty would work in that respect, but if its wrong you can't release a dead criminal.

First off, because it's also expensive to "rehabilitate" people because it costs money to hire social workers. The more people you rehabilitate, the more social workers required to handle their cases and keep track of them. Secondly, statistics throughout the years show that rehabilitation is almost non-effective in most instances and the person winds up committing another crime and ends up in prison anyways.

What's New

5/2/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back