• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

E3 thoughts?

phant0m

TMF Expert
Did anybody here follow E3? I feel like my thoughts reflect most of reddit, but I'll post them here for discussion.

Microsoft- Sucked. We have a remake of Halo 1 (not bad but nothing amazing) and new trilogy that turns out to be Halo 4-6, and then a bunch of kinect games which all look like they control like shit. MS tried to be like Nintendo with the Wii but they didn't pull it off.

Sony- Not as bad as MS, but their Move demos were also lackluster. That Vita looks interesting, but they seem to be pushing it towards the social gamer crowd (facebook/twitter integration, two cameras, etc.) which means you may have to pay a data plan to use it. It's also exclusively tied to AT&T which gives shitty service where I live. Using 3D to play a split screen game without actually splitting the screen was their biggest accomplishment imho, and I'm excited to use this feature when I hang out my friend who bought a 3D TV recently.

Nintendo- Really interesting here. A lot of good games lined up for the 3DS and the new counsel is intriguing. Whereas the Wii restricted developers by almost forcing them to use motion controls, the WiiU seems to do the opposite by giving them a tool that can be used in several unique ways, or not at all.

E3

E3 was meh to me. Microsoft revealing a new Halo Trilogy can't make up for them showing a Sesame Street on stage. As a playstation owner I thought the Sony press conference was very lackluster. Other than Resistance and Uncharted there felt like a lack of core titles on the PS3. Making Vita 250 bucks WIN making the 3G version have att coverage FAIL. I was most curious about Nintendo because I was thinking on becoming a dual console owner but know I'm not sure. The Wii U controller still seems gimmicky I mean 6 inch screen, can't I just have a regular controller? But I will admit they seem like they have some good 3rd party support and 1st parties will be good regardless but I'll have to wait and see before making a final judgement on Wii U.

Not going to lie, I'm kind of excited for Halo 4. Sue me, I actually enjoy the story-line way more than the multi-player. That aside, I think Sony kind of screwed themselves on the hand-held once more.

First of all, as everyone and their mother knows, ATT is not a good thing. Just ask the iPhone.

Second, even though it's 250 that's for wi-fi only. If you want the 3G you'll have to pay 300 and, according to some rumors, a separate data fee.

Though those prices sound wonderful, they're really not...unless of course you're Nintendo. You see, Nintendo is making a profit with the 3DS' current price point, if that's the case, you could expect the 3DS to cut down to at least 200 by Christmas, if not more, when the Vita comes out.

Another problem is game prices...will Sony be able to make Vita games cost around the same as a 3DS game or will we see prices above the standard hand-held cost? If that's the case, then definitely count me out.

I think Nintendo knows exactly what to do with E3 and they showed it once again this year. The Wii U is of course the biggest piece of news. The controller is wonderful. Gimmicky? Perhaps, but developers don't have to use the screen or any of those other wonderful, wonderful gimmick. However, I could see how the controller would be awkward to hold, but from what I've read it seems just fine.

I think this next generation of video games will definitely be between Nintendo and Sony once more, I just can't see Microsoft keeping up in the near future, especially with their fairly lackluster E3 (Relying on Halo...really?)

KINECT FUCKEN SUCKS AND ITS SELLING SO IM LIKE WTF? moar halo woot!!!

ps3 i love my ps3 and all the games coming out i cant complain. I couldnt care less about vita. I live in the ny area if i was walking around with it outside i would get mugged anyway.

wii-u please have an online service not wifi, wifi fucken sucks and friend ship notes or whatever it is freakin sucks. Nintendo has stunning gameplay now they need to come to 2011 and update their games so they look like they are in 2011, not a bunch of gimmecky party games. I hate the fucken wiimote.

so if nintendo wants me to buy their system.

1) good online network for online play
2) third party support
3) more games that arent raving rabbits and sports packages.

I thought Nintendo was gonna break the power supply in the building walking out there and showing off their 10-screens-per-system thing, but surprisingly the building generators held out. Unfortunately, I'm not on the Wii U bandwagon and think it looks like a pile of shit. I want to lay in bed and relax when I get home from work and play a game, not work out just to be able to lift the new controller. :D

Microsoft focused on Kinect, which again, I don't give two shits about. Yeah it's cool, some games might be entertaining for a few minutes, but overall it's just a gimmick to attract soccer moms. Halo 4 was a "no shit, they're making another one, wooo?" Everybody new about Gears 3, and Halo 1? MS's biggest shooter announcement besides Gears was Halo.... 1? In the foreseeable future, yup.

And then there was Sony. I didn't give two fucks, hell, I didn't even watch the thing until the next day. I didn't have a PS3, I didn't want a PS3, and then people were like "OMG watch". And so I did. Uncharted, Resistance, Twister Metal, Socom. I was like okay, PS3=mine. So then I went and got one. Been happily playing games on it ever since.

In conclusion, I don't like Nintendo's gimmicky little TV screens. The DS has 2, their new console will have 2. Fuck em. Microsoft slipped. They had a great thing going with the original Xbox but they are more focused on enabling TV support on their VIDEO GAME CONSOLE than actually producing original IP's on it. And Sony kind of walked out and just showed off a bunch of games. And when I think a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE, I think games before anything else.

Was a little disappointed that MGS Rising wasn't in the show.

Fortunately Comic Con is coming soon.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back