• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Earthquake!

thetmfobserver

2nd Level White Feather
So, there was a 5.8 earthquake in Virginia, with tremors noted up here in New England.

Well, I didn't notice it at all. Apparently I'm either really focused, or I shake naturally.

Everyone alright? Anyone else feel it?

we felt it down here in nc. I'm about 200 miles from where the epicenter was.

It shook my house in Central Pennsylvania. I was stationed in Hawaii and have been to California numerous times, but this is my 1st Earthquake experience.

they upgraded it to 5.9... we felt it here in Maine too, guess they're saying as far up as Toronto!

I felt it in Western PA. I thought I was dizzy for a moment then just thought I had imagined it until I got a text from a friend. I always wanted to experience one.

I have a few friends that experienced it...one's incredibly scared and the other used the earthquake to turn her bed into a massage table. I'm just glad they're both safe.

I could hardly notice it. The only thing I noticed was the doors in my sister's house started shaking.

Last edited:
I could hardly notice it. The only thing I noticed was the doors in my sister's house started shaking.

^I'm glad to hear that you are okay. Reports are now coming in from Virginia with structural damage.^

Damage to buildings in Washington D. C., and they have closed the monuments.

PA here, and everyone else felt it but me. I was in my car at the time, I think. Maybe that had something to do with it.

I was reading in bed when it struck. It shook the bed for about 15 seconds. Not even a cup or glass fell.

Sigh. Lived in fucking California all my life and never felt an earthquake. :facepalm:

^I have been in California many times having never felt an earthquake there, but to experience my house shake here in Pennsylvania.^

I first thought it was my coworker shaking the table until I realized the whole floor was moving. So Philly burbs felt it.

Felt it here in Niagara Falls and it was all over the news in Toronto... so yeah, it was felt pretty widespread

Felt it here in eastern PA at work, its all we talked about for 2 hours after lol

Felt it here in Niagara Falls and it was all over the news in Toronto... so yeah, it was felt pretty widespread

I didn't feel anything here at all ... Weird it would have been felt in Toronto and not here. We're not that far away.

I was on the 39th floor of the Tropicana in Atlantic City when the room began to buck and sway like a boat on rough waters.... everybody ran from their rooms wearing whatever they happened to have had on and frantically scrambled down 39 flights of stairs. The way the building shook, it didn't feel like an earthquake, it felt like an imminent building collapse!

One of the scariest moments of my life.

We're in northern Virginia (greater Washington, D.C. area).

It started out as a low rumbly vibration. At first I thought it was the HVAC system re-starting, but after about 15 seconds my two monitors started swaying back and forth. At that point I figured it was a good time to look for a doorway, but by the time I got up and went to look for a door, it stopped. It was my first earthquake and, hopefully, my last. While it was clearly not as intense as a lot of quakes out West are, it was plenty good enough for me.

Lite was in a CVS when it hit. She told me that at first she thought that some nearby construction was getting really loud until she starting swaying and staggering (like she was seriously drunk) in the middle of the main aisle. She likewise tried to get to a door but the tremor stopped before she could get there.

I've read and heard that we've been having aftershocks pretty regularly for a few hours now but they've been very minor - on the order of magnitude 2 or 3, which we don't even feel. However, around 7:55 PM EDT, I noticed another low, rumbly vibration that made the windows in my place rattle.

R

Felt it here about two hours outside Washington D.C. in the rural parts ;) My entire apartment was shaking and I had to catch one of my snowglobes before it fell off the shelf and could have shattered. It caught me off guard but didn't scare me or anything. All my things were shaking though...very odd and new experience O.O

Sigh. Lived in fucking California all my life and never felt an earthquake. :facepalm:

Really? They do happen, but not as often. The last "big" quake California had that cuased significant damage was in 1994 (Northridge). What part in California do you live? There was a few quakes within the last 2 years. Not major ones, but the ground was moving.

As for the East Coast quake. I can imagine the amount of concern for our East Coast people. The crazy thing is, as we watched the footage here on the West Coast, we were surprised at the amount of people in the streets for a long time. We all said, "Rookies..." We have 5.9 quakes, look around, then get back to work soon after. What a contrast with the news footage we saw today.

I hope everyone is ok though..I know the East Coast is not really ready for earthquakes..

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back