• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Even perverts are literate

nessonite1

3rd Level White Feather
I have found that the best books I've read have come to me as recomendations from others. This also holds true for music and movies so I guess I know a lot of people with good taste. :p
I'd be interested to know what some of your best reads have been if you feel like sharing. I'm choosing to categorize mine cause I like being organised. :p

Best Biography or Autobiography - "Boy" and "Going Solo" by Roald Dahl
Best Sci Fi / Fantasy - "Hitchhikers Guide" and it's sequels by Douglas Adams
Best Novel - actually I have several favorites..."Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes or "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austin or the "Tales of the City" series by Armistead Maupin or the "Harry Potter" series by JK Rowling (so sue me).
Best Non-Fiction - "One Child" by Torey L. Hayden

I'd love to hear what others have to say...thanks!! :D

Best sci-fi (and best novel ever written, for that matter): Pallas by L. Neil Smith. This is the best Libertarian fiction I have ever seen -- it's must reading for all freedom-loving people, and even more critical for non-freedom-loving people!

Best movie: Fiddler on the Roof
Best Nonfiction: 21 Irrefutible Laws of Leadership By John Maxwell
Best Fiction: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

I read mostly sci-fi. Ever since my first Piers Anthony book, "On a Pale Horse", I have been hooked and try to read everything I can of his work. His stories are so full of interesting creatures, worlds, magic, alternate realities, puns, situations, logic puzzles, sarcasm, etc. He even throws in some tickling scenes here and there. The Xanth series and the Phaze series are my favorites.

I also recommend, "The Talisman", which was written by both Stephen King and Peter Straub. The main character is able to "flip" from our world to another dimension of our world (which is full of magic) and befriends a werewolf while trying to save both worlds.

A very dark poem, "There Will Come Soft Rains" by Ray Bradbury 1950.

I'll try to post more later when my son isn't trying to drive me nuts....

I love the Xanth series ^.^! my fav fiction books are always in series. Xanth, Dragonlance, The Mage Wars trilogy (the Black Gryphon, The White Gryphon, The Silver Gryphon) Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat and also her erotica novels of Sleeping Beauty...

i just bought Dracula from boarders

by: Peter Straub

i'm hoping it will be Good!:)

For anyone who loves their silliness mixed with fantasy:
Douglas Adams: Dirk Gently's Hollistic Detective Agency, The Long Dark Teatime Of The Soul , all of the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series as well.
Terry Pratchett: Any of the Discworld series, especially Small Gods or a book he co-wrote with Neil Gaiman called Good Omens.
Neil Gaiman: Neverwhere If you have the chance to see the video of the BBC series of the same name it's well worth the time, but the book is pretty good too, especially if you're at all familiar with the Tube (the London subway system).
Christopher Moore: Practical Demon Keeping, and Coyote Blue

Ah yes...I enjoyed Dirk Gentley immensely...a good choice!

mainly read tom clancy(war) and anything with the mafia..but mainly i stuck with magazines for cars :weird: but i will read anything..i used to read mythology, and other history books too, cause history impresses me.

oh I completely forgot about the Chronicals of Narnia (the series of books centered around The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe). All of the Hitchhiker's guide, of course (Douglas Adams day is February 11th - the 42nd day of the year! ^.^ Don't forget your towel!).. and.. and... uhm.. Anne Rice does good work, I suggest also, Merrick.

naveltklr1350 said:
mainly read tom clancy(war) and anything with the mafia..but mainly i stuck with magazines for cars :weird: but i will read anything..i used to read mythology, and other history books too, cause history impresses me.

Stuff or Maxium Much? :happy:

hehehe

I've been a Dragonlance fan for about 9 years, now. A friend has also gotten me into George R.R. Martin, whose series, A Song of Ice and Fire, has some of the best political intrigue and plot twists I've ever seen in a fantasy series (not to mention the most merciless killing off of important characters!). Also, another friend of mine has gotten me into Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, which I can't get enough of. I'm addicted to fantasy.

Hmmm....Tom Clancy is an excellent choice. I enjoy the Bolos series, by various authors, for good old supertank action. I am a Star Wars and Star Trek freak, and avidly read both. Orson Scott Cards books are always great reads, as is Tad Williams. I've been delving a bit more into non-fiction of late, as well as loads of manga, which I sadly go through at the rate of about a manga every thirty minutes. I still am a big fan of Watership Down, and its two sequals. Also, I am an avid reader of Tokliens novels, and not just the well-known ones.

I usually switch back and forth between fiction and non fiction: I'll read a book by Raymond Feist or Guy Gavriel Kay and then read a book about mythology, folklore, history, philosophy/religion. I read manga when it's a habit I can afford to support, which is not much lately.

Hey, HDS, have you read Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams? Whenever we are discussing Watership Down (which seesm to happen a lot for some odd reason) that is the other book I always start thinking about.

Haven't, no. But, I have been having trouble reading lately. I get so many magazines that I am running out of time to read books. :p

I have all the time in the world lately to read, unfortunately, the pain killers make it very hard to remember what I just read. LMAO!

Hi Everybody,

For thoes of you that love Xanth and Hitchhikers series, The "Discworld" series
by Terry Pratchett is in the same vein.

If anybody likes alternate history (simmular to "Sliders" ) the Worldwar series
by Harry Turtledove is great.

haven't really read a book in quite awhile, but a few years back my son wanted me to read the "Left Behind" series of books. at first, they were intrigueing, but when I got to the book with the stinging metal bugs, I started to feel that it was getting ridiculous and stopped reading them.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back