• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Family Guy" Fans, Are You Going To Check Out The Spin-off?

JimmyBoy

TMF Expert
The Cleveland Show is supposed to start in the Fall 2009.

It might be early to say but do you see this one making it?

It sounds rubbish, but im hopeing it will be a nice suprise :D

People thought Family Guy would bomb because it would be just a Simpsons ripoff, and I remember when no one thought South Park would last past a year or two...this new show may bomb but with that writing team it could really surprise us :parrot1:

People thought Family Guy would bomb because it would be just a Simpsons ripoff, and I remember when no one thought South Park would last past a year or two...this new show may bomb but with that writing team it could really surprise us :parrot1:

Yea but Family Guy is in no way like The Simpsons , The Simpsons have more clever writers lol

Most Friends fans checked out Joey (even though it turned out to suck),
and I'll definitely be watching Cleveland. I also thought American Dad
would suck (although it wasn't a spinoff), and it's one of my favorites
now. Seth and his crew rule adult animation. :typerhappy:

American Dad cracks me up , i love how he got Patrick Stewart to play a character lol

Yea but Family Guy is in no way like The Simpsons , The Simpsons have more clever writers lol

The point is that, like other shows that weren't expected to do well but are wildly successful, Cleveland's show just might surprise people :smilestar

I'm gonna watch. I never really thought Cleveland stood out much, though, so I'm intrigued to see how Seth pulls this one off.

i'll probably check it out. as much as i love FG, i could probably stand some episodes of the Clevland Show. and hey, if it sucks, it sucks. but if it's great then we'll have FG, American Dad and Clevland. sounds like a triple winner to me :)

I never warmed up to American Dad, still hate it. And it's hard to imagine Cleveland carrying his own show, but you never know.

It did bomb

It didnt get popular till a year after it got axed and got a cult following in colleges and then fox brought it back

I wouldnt not watch the cleveland show. I dont see why someone would or wouldn't watch it.

Cleveland is such a boring character and talks so slow, I can't imagine anything interesting or funny happening on that show.

It did bomb

It didnt get popular till a year after it got axed and got a cult following in colleges and then fox brought it back

I wouldnt not watch the cleveland show. I dont see why someone would or wouldn't watch it.

Family Guy never bombed. Fox's executives made errors in judgement that they had to quickly fix more than once concerning unwarranted cancellation of the show, which not only had a HUGE following amongst several demographics (not just young folks and college kids) but sold 2.2 MILLION DVDs in one year, not to mention humongous toy and merchandise sales. If that's bombing every great show should bomb so well. It's been renewed for new episodes until 2012 at least and is one one Fox's most non-bombing popular series ever :cool2:

As for Cleveland's show, it may very well suck but many very successful comedies have a calm central protagonist surrounded by colorful and crazy characters, it's a tried and true formula that I'm betting they're going to use :sherlock:

First I've heard of it.

Sounds like an awful idea.

American Dad is hi-larious, though.

I'll give it a go if and when I can and take it from there.

I'll give it a shot, but I have to admit that I'm not overly optimistic. In my opinion, Family Guy has been slipping badly. Not sure this bodes well for good old Cleveland Brown.

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back