• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Fathers

TicklishBlackGuy

1st Level Yellow Feather
I know this is late but its never too late to talk about a father. To me, fathers have been tarnished by the media and social these days. You see so many bad fathers, TV cast fathers as bumbling and drunken idiots who do nothing but hit on women, watch sports, and are no good. Its rare you see anything that has a good father in it like it use to be. Not every father walks out on his family, not every father is a deadbeat, not every father is an idiot, always drunk, and hits on women. There is so much hate for fathers and they make the mothers look good and make the fathers look like trash. Its sickening. Yes there are bad dads, but there are good ones too. Back in the day, the known TV dad's worked hard, protected there children. Played ball with there young boys and taught them to be men. Were protective of there little baby girls because they are the pride and joy. They taught their little girls what type of man to look for, and don't for the bad boy type of thing. I believe the place of a father is needed badly in society today. A mother gives tender loving care like no other and do a lot fo there children, but when you add a good dad in the mix, there is something special about him being around. Dad's are awesome people, they work hard to provide for wife and kids.There the goofy ones that sometimes try to be hip and mess up, say corny and funny things, act like children themselves which is why I think kids connect with them so well. Its why I feel strongly about familys having both parents in a home. You can't go blaming a dad not being around for why a lot of children go out and become bad. Some kids have fathers and do that. Some fathers have been there with the drugs, the girls, the drinking, etc. So there life experiences are needed. They tell stories of there childhoods that make you connect with them more. If you got an awesome dad, you should cherish him with your heart and soul. My dad is awesome, I love him to death, I love spending time with him and he has taught me so much on how to be a man. So this goes out to all the actual good fathers out there. Don't ever think your forgotten because your needed just as much as a mother.

As a dad myself (and by no means perfect, but I did my best), thanks Dragon.

If the media is portraying fathers in a worse light than ever before (and I think you may be onto something there, TBD), it may just be a sort of subconscious reaction to the notion of the Modern Dad. It seems to me, today's fathers are, on the whole, better than those of previous generations. Yer average dad is more comfortable in his role as parent, more involved at home, more playful and affectionate with his kids - which I think is great. Trouble is, that kind of super-duper 21st century dad doesn't necessarily make for good television lol. Or a good news story or something like that. :)

I suggest you read Christopher Lasch's Haven in in a Heartless World - the Family Besieged. He describes very well how fathers and their symbolic power have been devalued along the years, in our western societies. The book is a bit old, but its analysis is still still valuable.

Thanks Dragon. I have a son in his twenty's who I am VERY proud of. I would like to think I had a small part in making him the remarkable man he is.

I think the media projects men as morons in general, not just fathers. We're oversexed, weak and stupid people. You can hardly watch TV anymore without seeing a woman hitting a man (which seems to be okay).

I think the media projects men as morons in general, not just fathers. We're oversexed, weak and stupid people. You can hardly watch TV anymore without seeing a woman hitting a man (which seems to be okay).

We've gone from Father knows best to Father is a moron.
TV dads were Danny Thomas, Lucas McCain (The Rifleman) Andy Griffith. Now we've got Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin as the average TV father.

My father passed away this past May. I didn't realize how great of a person he was until I really looked into his life.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back