• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite video game villains?

Avenger314

Verified
Hi all,

For all you gamers out there... who do you think are the best/scariest/coolest villains? Here's my top 10 list.

#10: The Monster, from 'Out of This World.' I saw this once in fourth grade and had nightmares for weeks. As my friend Brian put it, "I know the game your'e talking about. Another World. Responsible for more pissed beds than the entire Freddy and Jason series combined."

#9: The Hallmonster, from 'Venture.' Hearkening back to ColecoVision here. But hearing that sound and seeing that enomrous green monster come straight for me... *shivers.*

#8: The Cyberdemon, from Doom. Big. Tall. Tough. Scary.

#7: Wiegraf/Velius, from Final Fantasy Tactics: A very well-defined, three-dimensional villain.

#6: The Minotaur, from Dungeons & Dragons: Treasures of Tarmin. This is from the Intellivision. And he literally haunts my dreams: I dream I'm playing this game and I know he's in there... somewhere.

#5: The Overmind, from Starcraft. "Awaken, my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright..." Gotta love that echo.

#4: Psycho Mantis, Metal Gear Solid. Fourth wall? What fourth wall? I consider this boss fight to be one of the best video game innovations.

#3: Kane, from Command & Conquer. Just all-around badass.

#2: Pyramid Head, Silent Hill 2. Scared the crapola out of me. Still does. I'll also mention the Nemesis as an honorable mention, but I'm counting them as the same entry since they're largely identical.

#1: Kefka, Final Fantasy VI (or III, depending on the edition): He's just so horrifically evil and horribly hateable.

Anyone else?

The Transcendent One from Planescape Torment (best...game...ever)
Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2
Kefka from Final Fantasy VI

Ganondorf. I know he's a bit of a walk-on character at times and selecting him just screams casual gamer, but come on, he kicks green ass. Much more menacing in human form than in plain old fat piggy Ganon mode though.

Avenger314 said:
#4: Psycho Mantis, Metal Gear Solid. Fourth wall? What fourth wall? I consider this boss fight to be one of the best video game innovations.

I agree about that villan. Man, the "able to read your mind" thing (which was just him reading the memory card, but still) and him vibrating the controller after you put it down was freakin creepy.

Most of the villans from the Streets of Rage 2 game were cool.

I also loved the alien bosses in Contra 3 (I think there was a third one...I know I played one NES Contra game)

The symbiotes from Spider-Man/Venom: Seperation Anxiety

The Blob from the X-Men arcade game...just cause he was so fun to knock down. lol "NOTHING hurts the Blo...UGH!" lol

The Joker in Batman: Vengence

Pyramid Head....he's just the coolest, creepiest damn monster/villian I've ever seen.

All the Playstaion Resident Evil charactors Zombies, Possesed Dogs Spiders Lickers aligators etc :happyfloa

Avenger314 said:
#1: Kefka, Final Fantasy VI (or III, depending on the edition): He's just so horrifically evil and horribly hateable.

You and Chosen get bonus points for Kefka listed as one, especially you since when I saw a top 10 list, I was kinda expecting...someone else to be #1 from the same series who isn't good enough to clean the sand out of Kefka's boots IMO. :p

Ok, I'm exagerating a bit, but yeah...

David.s said:
Ganondorf. I know he's a bit of a walk-on character at times and selecting him just screams casual gamer, but come on, he kicks green ass. Much more menacing in human form than in plain old fat piggy Ganon mode though.

You never finished OoT I take it...

Besides those two, the following;

Bowser (If you don't know what he's from, the stop playing games) : Yes, I know he hasn't really been intimidating in about 10 years now, but he's still awesome. Plus he isn't really so much "evil" as he is just plain greedy.

Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid): He's just such a calculating old bastard that is constantly manipulating and double/triple/quadrupal-crossing everyone on his side.

Albedo (Xenosaga): Just...so.....sadistically evil and rather freaky. It helps that he's got one of the best evil laughs ever.

Oh, and just about any villain from Xenogears. That game had the best overall amount of great villains of anything I can think of.

Hmmm.... Flatfoot sure would enjoy this thread.

I really don't know who the best villains would be. I'll just have to ponder this a bit...

I haven't played many good video games, but I have to say one of the scariest villains I've encountered was that thing from Resident Evil: Nemesis.

Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2. Superbly voiced by David Warner and a villain with *shock horror* believable motives.

The G-Man from the Half Life series is also wonderfully sinister, without being a clear cut villain. "It's time to choose"

pyramid head from silent hill 2, hands down..
he was creepy as hell in the movie also, if you havent seen it

good question! "nemesis" from resident evil 3, the "licker" from resident evil 2 , "el gigante" from resident evil 4, and of course "pyramid head" from silent hill 2. but most recently my fave video game villain is "darth traya" from star wars: knights of the old republic 2, because i finally just kicked her ass and won the game today! :imouttahe

Crap, I forgot to mention Edgar Barrett from Psi-Ops. A telekinetic duel in a trainyard--rock!

Sorry, 'monster,' you'll have to go.

there was that wolf like charcter in tekken used to terrify me - King i think he was called.

Otherwise Robotnik, King Bowser, Wario are great comedy villians!

here's my list:

Nemesis: why? one word "STARRRRSSSSSS"

The dude with the giant hedge clippers from Clocktower: dunno 'bout you, but hearing those things opening and closing as he approaches made me piddle.

Revolver "I looked like a pansy in Snakeeater" Ocelot: ok...he DID look like a pansy...but his skills with guns was too cool.

Sephiroth: a badass in FF7, a badass in ff7:Advent Children. and creepy.

Jack of Blades: sure, he was easy to beat. but his history and how he attains glory in Fable was pretty sweet.

Diablo: 'nuff said.

Hydra: He was tough in God of War...but made a really nice trophy on...the ship he gets impaled to.

Magus from Chrono Trigger. He ends up being a good guy by the end, but he's pretty badass as an enemy for a while.

Avenger314 said:
#6: The Minotaur, from Dungeons & Dragons: Treasures of Tarmin. This is from the Intellivision. And he literally haunts my dreams: I dream I'm playing this game and I know he's in there... somewhere.

Very good game for it's day!! I still have it.

If this counts, I play a game on Xbox called "4x4 Evo 2" It's a truck racing game. I race my Dodge trucks and there's a rival racer named 'E. Chuda' that just annoys the crap out of me!

My favorite villian comes from a computer game made WAY back in 1992. The game was called 7th Guest and was one of the very first games made to run on your CD-Rom. His name was Henry Stauf and he was just plain wicked to the core!

Excess said:
You never finished OoT I take it...

Heh, come on, the final battle was more disgusting than terrifying. I think at that point he becomes more of a huge, impersonal monster thing than a real villain anyway.

Last edited:
These are some of the cool ones i can remember at the moment...
Mundus - Devil May Cry (PS2)
Virgil - Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
Wesker - Resident Evil: Code Veronica (PS2 & DreamCast)
Sephiroth - Final Fantasy 7 (PSX)
Onikage - Tenchu (PS2 & PSX)
Nemesis - Resident Evil 3 (PSX)
Liquid Snake - Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Dauragon C. Mikado - The Bouncer (PS2)

cloudgazer2k said:
here's my list:

Nemesis: why? one word "STARRRRSSSSSS"

The dude with the giant hedge clippers from Clocktower: dunno 'bout you, but hearing those things opening and closing as he approaches made me piddle.

Revolver "I looked like a pansy in Snakeeater" Ocelot: ok...he DID look like a pansy...but his skills with guns was too cool.

Sephiroth: a badass in FF7, a badass in ff7:Advent Children. and creepy.

Jack of Blades: sure, he was easy to beat. but his history and how he attains glory in Fable was pretty sweet.

Diablo: 'nuff said.

Hydra: He was tough in God of War...but made a really nice trophy on...the ship he gets impaled to.

dude.. i COMPLETELY forgot about jack of blades.. fable is one of the best games ever IMO, and he was definately an awesome villian.. i enjoyed making my character evil and wearing his mask

i also forgot about sephiroth.. one of the best villians ever.. cant believe i forgot about him..

and diablo.. the villians in diablo 2 LOD (lords of destruction) were pretty awesome.. mephisto and baal and other demons like that.. they werent usually hard, but they looked awesome and were pretty creepy

The Goons of Perfect Dark...

the Hench Men you fight in N64'serfect dark ar great. I know it's an older game, but you gotta love thos guys. I mean when ells have you ever fought goons who's gun jam, or who drop there gun and shout "Oh... my gun." before making a desprit run across the room to try and pick it up. The best is when they though up there hands and offer surrender, so you put the gun against there head and pull the trigger, so you can here them girgle as they die. Gotta love 'em.

nerobob said:
Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2. Superbly voiced by David Warner and a villain with *shock horror* believable motives.

The G-Man from the Half Life series is also wonderfully sinister, without being a clear cut villain. "It's time to choose"

woah crap I completly forgot about Irenicus, He was just plain brilliant!

G-man is definatly a favorite. Just has such a creepy voice and great lines.

Gannondorf is always a good one. That classic villian that is always there to face against the hero.

Man i know I had alot more, gotta think about this one for awhile.

Singe, the dragon from Dragon's Lair---tell me you didn't get a huge rush the first time you defeated him and saved the princess.

Zarok, the evil wizard from Medievil---not only is he a riot, but even his spellbook is funny. (beauty secrets and card tricks)

Moebius, the time streamer from the Legacy of Kain series---this guy would screw with you in the past, the present, the future, and even alternate dimensions.

What's New

6/7/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for a wide range of clips from dozens and dozens of producers.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back