• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Final fantasy VII

fordtech30

TMF Expert
Just the mention of this epic game gives most game players chills. I had heard that sony was planning on releasing it on the ps3 and I actually saw a test run for the game's graphics.

Words cannot describe it! I hope they re release it soon. I think most game players would agree that it is something we have been praying for.

Any thoughts from my forum brothers and sisters?

I plan on buying a ps3 just because of the fact that final fantasy games are released for it. This game won't be diminishing those desires. ;)

J I actually saw a test run for the game's graphics.

That's all it ever will be. The man who directed FFVII refuses to remake it, saying it would take away from his original vision. As far as I, and the rest of the world, knows Square has no plans whatsoever of re-releasing it.

That test-run of the game's graphics I believe was to merely show what FF7 would've looked like on the PS3. As far as I've read, there are no plans to actually re-make FF7; they just wanted to show the comparison in-game between the PS2 and PS3.

That being said, while I enjoyed FF7, I did think it was a bit overrated. FF2/4 (with Cecil, Kain, the Red Wings, etc), FF9, and FF10 remain my favorites of the series. FF8 was terrible, FFX-2 was an abomination, and FF12 was far too political for my tastes, with little focus on the characters themselves.

I'm a bit leery of FF13, due to all of the 'flash' involved in regards to the quality of the in-game grapics. While the game looks spectacular, I do hope S-E focuses more on the story this time around.

That test-run of the game's graphics I believe was to merely show what FF7 would've looked like on the PS3. As far as I've read, there are no plans to actually re-make FF7; they just wanted to show the comparison in-game between the PS2 and PS3.

That being said, while I enjoyed FF7, I did think it was a bit overrated. FF2/4 (with Cecil, Kain, the Red Wings, etc), FF9, and FF10 remain my favorites of the series. FF8 was terrible, FFX-2 was an abomination, and FF12 was far too political for my tastes, with little focus on the characters themselves.

I'm a bit leery of FF13, due to all of the 'flash' involved in regards to the quality of the in-game grapics. While the game looks spectacular, I do hope S-E focuses more on the story this time around.

First of all FF8 was great. It was a general improvement on VII with better characterization and a deeper love story...one reason I love it so much. Also, X-2 wasn't horribly bad. Though...12 was a little dry. Too much story, not enough characters. FF9 was alright. FF10 was great. IV was just flat-out amazing!!! As was both five and six, six being the better of the two.

Thaaaaank you! I didn't like 8 either!

Well I am looking forward to XIII for my ps3. I've heard it's going to be 5 discs long.

Any RPG gamer would appreciate that. lol.

I like FFVII because I found the story line to be very well thought out. I played the rest and just couldn't get into the story or characters like I could with VII.

What will XIII be like? I'm sure we FF fans will not be disapointed.

XIII is being released for the XBox if I'm not mistaken, no? I actually never finished VII, due to two unfortunate memory card failures midway through the game. I got frustrated and never went back. I didn't see the need to finish it, since friends spoiled it for me with the whole Aeris thing. :-\

I actually liked VIII, as serious and stiff as the characters were. The gameplay kept me hooked, especially when trying to pull off successful limit breaks with the gunblade, or Zell's blitz. Regrettably, I never finished IX, due to losing interest late in the game near all the side quests. X was great, but I despise the voice actors. There's just something wrong with dialogue translated from Japanese to English, where something gets lost. I couldn't stand all the fake, forced laughing, and breathy Yuna. Wakka, Auron, the black mage chick, all good to go, but Tidus and his high-pitched pre-pubescent squawking? Sorry, but I just can't accept that the star athlete of the Zanarkand Abes sounds like such a puss. I guess no one uses steroids in Blitzball.

I started Final Fantasy with III/VI, which is still my favorite to this day. It offered the most versatility out of characters that I've seen, both in story and gameplay, though some characters could've had a teeny bit more spotlight (*cough* *cough* Setzer and Gau!).

Last edited:
Well I am looking forward to XIII for my ps3. I've heard it's going to be 5 discs long.

Considering it's a Blue-Ray disc that seems unlikely as they can go as high as 200 Gb each...

The one who's said it, was right. At the time that small Ps3 version of FF7 came out it was only for comparison purposes. Square has been indecisive about that remake issue for as long as I can remember, with all sorts of rumors coming out. Officially though, I don't think they plan on remaking it for the time being.

I'm one of those rare RPG lovers that could never quite get into Final Fantasy. I mean, yeah, the graphics are beautiful and the games challenging, but... meh. I prefer lesser-known RPGs like the Suikoden line. But that's just me. I'm sure I'll still give the redone FF7 a look, at the very least.

I'm one of those rare RPG lovers that could never quite get into Final Fantasy. I mean, yeah, the graphics are beautiful and the games challenging, but... meh. I prefer lesser-known RPGs like the Suikoden line. But that's just me. I'm sure I'll still give the redone FF7 a look, at the very least.

I never played it, but had a roommate who got into that one. Didn't Suikoden have like, HUNDREDS of playable characters in the story? I didn't know how that could be effectively pulled off, but the idea intrigued me.

FFVII is my all time favorite FF, due to its deep storyline and also due to sentimental reasons. As others have stated earlier, there are no plans for it being re-released. Oddly enough, I was just watching Advent Children yesterday.

I never played it, but had a roommate who got into that one. Didn't Suikoden have like, HUNDREDS of playable characters in the story? I didn't know how that could be effectively pulled off, but the idea intrigued me.

Yep, each of the games in the series has 108 characters (started by and including the character you play as) that you can recruit into your army. Not all are playable. There are plenty of support characters for your home base and whatnot. Basically, it's up to the gamer to choose who they like and set their parties accordingly, which is one of the many things I love about it. Here's the Wiki write-up on the original PSOne game, just as a reference point...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suikoden

First of all FF8 was great. It was a general improvement on VII with better characterization and a deeper love story...one reason I love it so much. Also, X-2 wasn't horribly bad. Though...12 was a little dry. Too much story, not enough characters. FF9 was alright. FF10 was great. IV was just flat-out amazing!!! As was both five and six, six being the better of the two.

Eh, I do think FFVII is definately better overall but I dunno if I'd say it was better in those ways. They both had terrible love stories brought on by how shallow they were and how terrible Tifa "My whole purpose for existing is to be in love with Cloud!" and Rinoa "I'm Squall's biggest fangirl!" were. Really I give characters to FFVII since most of FFVIII's weren't memorable at all.

But otherwise XII is underrated a bit, X is good more so because of the gameplay and a bit of originality, IV was good for it's time and I'll see whenever I get around to playing the remake how it stands, V is epic tier for it's job system and sense of humor, and VI is epic tier for Kefka alone.

...and VI is epic tier for Kefka alone.

I agree with this 100%. Kefka is my all-time favorite villain, and I feel he is WAY better than Sephiroth. Kefka was twisted, knew it, and ENJOYED it. He was evil for evil's sake, not just some misguided psycho who thought he was doing the right thing.

and VI is epic tier for Kefka alone.

You know...Kefka has the record for being the first FF character to ever have a spoken line of dialogue, even if it was that obnoxious laugh. Oh Kefka, what will you do next!?

Regardless, as for XIII being multiple discs, it is...but for the 360 only.

Yes, that's right, Final Fantasy is coming for the 360, not sure how many knew that. Also, I think the only reason VIII was bad by so many people's standards was because...well VII had garnered such high-praise. So you know, poor VIII.

XIII is being released for the XBox if I'm not mistaken, no? I actually never finished VII, due to two unfortunate memory card failures midway through the game. I got frustrated and never went back. I didn't see the need to finish it, since friends spoiled it for me with the whole Aeris thing. :-\

I actually liked VIII, as serious and stiff as the characters were. The gameplay kept me hooked, especially when trying to pull off successful limit breaks with the gunblade, or Zell's blitz. Regrettably, I never finished IX, due to losing interest late in the game near all the side quests. X was great, but I despise the voice actors. There's just something wrong with dialogue translated from Japanese to English, where something gets lost. I couldn't stand all the fake, forced laughing, and breathy Yuna. Wakka, Auron, the black mage chick, all good to go, but Tidus and his high-pitched pre-pubescent squawking? Sorry, but I just can't accept that the star athlete of the Zanarkand Abes sounds like such a puss. I guess no one uses steroids in Blitzball.

I started Final Fantasy with III/VI, which is still my favorite to this day. It offered the most versatility out of characters that I've seen, both in story and gameplay, though some characters could've had a teeny bit more spotlight (*cough* *cough* Setzer and Gau!).

It's actually being released for both. But the 360 version is going to be missing some things that the ps3 has.

It's actually being released for both. But the 360 version is going to be missing some things that the ps3 has.

Yes like forced installs :neenerneener:

I actually hope they dont remake it any time soon, I genuinely think that if they did it wouldnt be as good or have the charm of the original.

Totally agree about kefka as well, best villain in an FF game. Sephiroth was cool and badass, but kefka was just pure evil

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back