• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

For crying out loud.

Bugman

Verified
Remember the furor some years back over suggestions that classic novels like Huckleberry Finn should be censored because some people might be offended? Well, another American classic is under assault by some self-styled do gooder. A Visit from St. Nicholas is iconic, a piece of Americana. I not so cordially
invite this woman to keep her grubby little hands off this holiday classic and find something worthwhile to do with her time.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/st_nickotine_patch_y27vCEdZZJXS4ikYyVh2xO

okay, this is getting out of hand.. santa shouldn't smoke a pipe---what's he going to do suck a lollipop...oh no..not a lollipop. you know what that means.

okay, this is getting out of hand.. santa shouldn't smoke a pipe---what's he going to do suck a lollipop...oh no..not a lollipop. you know what that means.

Indeed it is. Those who wish to sanitize, censor or otherwise rewrite history because someone might be "offended", or something "sets a bad example" will get nothing but scorn and ridicule from me.

wow that is bull crap they are taking this crap way to far that stuff dont hurt anyone i watched gory horror as a kid but im not out killing people i also dont smoke even tho most of my family does and i see it everywhere its like ooo nooo gotta keep everyone square cant let them live the way they want they have to live a certen way or other will get offended o how terrible if ya dont like it dont watch it jeepers

Utter :bsflag:

The self-appointed censor is welcome to drop dead and go to hell.

“No one can backtrack now,” McColl crowed to The Post. “Santa has stopped smoking, and 2012 is the year he quit, and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.”

She's a flaming idiot!

Just another attention whore......let her have her 15 minutes of fame and the parents who have the classic version can continue to read it to their kids.

What a dumbass!:banghead:

Well people who screw with the Classics offend me. Just another self-righteous idiot on the loose. Don't burn the book because of the way people talked 160 years ago, learn the lesson of loyalty and tolerance it tries to teach. Dumbass.

What really pisses me off about douchebags like her is,they use freedom of speech to destroy other peoples freedoms. And people wonder why I am in favor of soylent green.

Well, I'm sold on this too. Santa absolutely can NOT be allowed to teach little children to smoke! We need to band together and eliminate this sickening visage!

We need to replace it with something a little more relevent to the times and, of course, FAR more socially acceptable to the mainstream.

Which is why Santa will now be depicted chomping on Justin Bieber's cock.

I have spoken.

You know what, guys? She published her version of it. That's all. She didn't get the original version pulled out of circulation or made any harder to obtain. She just offered her own version on the market. If people don't want it, they won't buy it. I won't buy it, because I like the originals. But why do people feel victimized by this? Why are people acting as if she were in any way interfering with the continued publication, distribution, purchase, and reading of the original? Why are people wishing her to rot in hell? I don't get the anger; I don't get why anybody's even paying attention to her.

You know what, guys? She published her version of it. That's all. She didn't get the original version pulled out of circulation or made any harder to obtain. She just offered her own version on the market. If people don't want it, they won't buy it. I won't buy it, because I like the originals. But why do people feel victimized by this? Why are people acting as if she were in any way interfering with the continued publication, distribution, purchase, and reading of the original? Why are people wishing her to rot in hell? I don't get the anger; I don't get why anybody's even paying attention to her.

I write a book, and it is a big hit! Somebody takes my original idea and waters it up or down. Why are you trying to destroy my originality? Write a book with your own plot and characters! I do not care for the contrast, but that it is original!

Literature and innovation does not equate, and if it does: the innovator is a bastard!

Right, Jagz, except that when you've been dead over a century and your original work is a classic, it's pretty much safe from any harm being done by this. (And be assured, I know what it's like to be the author of original creative works and not to want them tampered with.)

Right, Jagz, except that when you've been dead over a century and your original work is a classic, it's pretty much safe from any harm being done by this. (And be assured, I know what it's like to be the author of original creative works and not to want them tampered with.)

You have me here. And, I will step down...

Well if you know that, I don't see why you wouldn't understand why folks (especially those of us who are older) are aggravated. How about this? She write HER OWN ORIGINAL WORK and she can say and do what she wants with it. How about she show some REAL creativity and originality by her own workk instead of tearing up something that is just fine just the way it is??

Then she makes a stupid comment like the one I quoted and acts as if she did something special? She's an idiot starved for attention so she now has what she wants........whether it's negative attention is better than none at all huh?

I haven't celebrated the holiday in years but it's not my place to make it bad for those who do, and that's what she's done here IMO.

I'm kind of surprised no one has brought up Fahrenheit 451 yet. It's one of my all time favorite reads, and deals with the subject of censorship.Eventually the government had censored out every piece of classic literature, so the few citizens who still cared took it upon themselves to memorize books.... to later re write them. I don't want it to come to that, I don't feel like expending that much energy. Now I'm not about to be up in arms because some nut job took it upon herself to re write a classic poem. It's like when I see renditions of Da Vinci's The Last Super or The Mona Lisa. They may be unoriginal, but really do not change my perspective on what I consider to be fine pieces of art. Hell, I wrote a silly version of this very poem when I was in 8th grade, and to my knowledge it hasn't been read in almost 10 years and has had no cultural impact that I am aware of (other than my teacher who was surprisingly amused by the crude humor.)

That being said, I do find it irritating that any time someone finds something offensive or uncomfortable they feel the need to go public with their dissatisfaction. I thought Gone with the Wind was offensive and anything by Jane Austin is unbearably boring in my opinion. Do I make a public spectacle of my displeasure? No, I simply co exist with things I do not like by ignoring them. I've done it for years now and it works out well. I only wish others would do the same.

On a side note, this lady must be pretty concerned about the pipe smoking pandemic that is crippling our public schools. If she really wants to make a difference, how about lending a hand to to try to stop kids from getting Xanax and Valium under the counter, or shed light on real problems. That's my rant

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back