• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

fox is making their demands

AphxA

3rd Level Red Feather
MOAR MONEY!! so they shut down the network till they get more cash. It sucks cause i might miss some football games, house and family guy tomorrow.

fox wants 150 million. upn 9 was also shut down, but nobody gives a rats ass about that network anyway.

Last edited:
What are you talking about?

And UPN? That network hasn't existed in a few years now! It merged with the WB to make that CW network.

Is this all some local cable thing?

MOAR MONEY!! so they shut down the network till they get more cash. It sucks cause i might miss some football games, house and family guy tomorrow.

fox wants 150 million. upn 9 was also shut down, but nobody gives a rats ass about that network anyway.

It's all about dollars, nothing new there. I hope you get to see your games.

What are you talking about?

And UPN? That network hasn't existed in a few years now! It merged with the WB to make that CW network.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101016/ap_on_sp_ot/us_cablevision_fox_dispute

Disney/ABC did pretty much the same thing earlier this year. A last minute agreement was done, people on missed a portion of shows they wanted to see.

Rob

It's Fox. Throw up an HDTV antenna, and you can catch their broadcast signal in full, glorious HD.

Then go cancel your cable. Almost everything you want to watch is available via the internet anyway. :)

IT'S GREED!

All of these Networks and Cable Companies keep pushing for more money.

Things were a lot different when we had FREE TV.:rant:

Things were a lot different when we had FREE TV.:rant:

True, it was different in some ways. Then again viewing choices were much more limited, and ABC, CBS, and NBC did not have to hire, train, and pay people to build and maintain the infrastructure and equipment that cable TV requires. I'm not defending the networks or cable companies, just pointing out that things have changed.

Just a note to the thread starter.......next time, post a link if your not going to give the full story.

Most of us had no clue what you were talking about, until one was posted later in the thread.

I havent had cable hooked up for over 3 years now and dont miss anything worth watching....

Fox and others like them are a business...you pay or you dont get to see what they have....no biggie here...

Fox and others like them are a business...you pay or you dont get to see what they have....no biggie here...

Actually, I use my antenna + the internet to watch pretty much whatever I want. I was paying $180 a month for freakin' cable and internet in my old place. Now I just pay about $45 for the internet, and I don't miss a thing.

I think the World Series is on FOX...If the Yanks get in and still no settlement I am switching to FIOS.

Actually, I use my antenna + the internet to watch pretty much whatever I want. I was paying $180 a month for freakin' cable and internet in my old place. Now I just pay about $45 for the internet, and I don't miss a thing.

$180 a month :yowzer::yowzer::yowzer:

Granted, we don't have 100 channels on our cable network, but here you can get an analog cable subscription for €50 a month including high speed internet and a telephone connection.

If you want fancy you can get 100 channels or more on digital TV for about €25.

And if you want really fancy you can buy a sattelite which costs roughly €100 a month or so, and watch whatever the fuck you please from all over the globe. No idea how many channels, but it's more than you can imagine.

$45.00 a month, sheeit, high-speed internet which doesn't suck ass costs at least 10 bucks more than that here! Which company?

As for Fox, it's run by Rupert Murdoch, the man who brings you fine people like Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly every day (political conservatism I can take, but these Radio Moscow wanna-bes and their brain-dead minions are creeping me out big time!). He's also probably the richest and most powerful media magnate of our time (see also: William Randolph Hearst). If he loses a few mil, it's definitely no biggie for him!

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back