• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Fun Things To Do At Home During Lockdown

chicago

I'm surprised this wasn't a thread already. Of course, it's entirely possible that I could have missed it. So, if you know of such a thread, please link me so I can check it out and ask that this one be removed :)

I was just thinking about how the Rhino and I have never really played any board games together unless we were in the company of other friends. That had me wondering about fun things we could do at home that might break up the monotony. I'm typically a homebody so it's been great these past many months, but even I'm starting to get weary lol

e92c5b76b76a558d35696ca247b4d692.jpg

The ideas don't have to pertain to couples, that's just where I'm coming from (also board games usually end up needing more than 2 people. hmph).

So if you have any suggestions at all (for friends, for families, for kids, for solo folks, etc) please share them :)

Thanks and stay safe <3

I've been watching a ton of anime. Like omg. I also play a lot of puzzle games on my phone. I also am learning Japanese with duolingo. I am currently at my parents so we play a lot of board and dice games. But my mom actually found a couple that only need two players: Farkel, Phase 10. She also recently found 2 player Monopoly and Sorry games lol. I'm trying to wrote some fanfiction and I've started painting and am debating getting back into oil pastels.

anything that occupies my mind to control my depression and anxiety

Since this thread is about listing helpful ideas, do you have any?

I've been watching a ton of anime. Like omg. I also play a lot of puzzle games on my phone. I also am learning Japanese with duolingo. I am currently at my parents so we play a lot of board and dice games. But my mom actually found a couple that only need two players: Farkel, Phase 10. She also recently found 2 player Monopoly and Sorry games lol. I'm trying to wrote some fanfiction and I've started painting and am debating getting back into oil pastels.

Some great suggestions here, thanks Airi!

As a homebody myself, most of the things I like to do take place indoors, so I am very adept at entertaining myself at home~

Here are some ideas based upon the things we like to do, none of them very original, but worth mentioning nonetheless:

- RPGing. Yes, it is more fun with 3+ people, but 1-on-1 with just my wife totally works. The best thing about 1-on-1 sessions is that the story can be tailored to the specifics of her character, with tropes such as "friend from the past asking for a favor", "old score to settle", "personal long-term goal", etc... Our other players are doing the same from their home, and when we reunite, we exchange about each other's "solo" adventures~

- Growing stuff at home. I do not know the first thing about gardening, but my wife is a farmer's daughter and she loves to grow plants and vegetables. We have a mini-garden on the balcony and a few plants inside including a bonsai tree.

- Miniature wargaming. I love Warhammer with a passion, but I cannot paint to save my life. Clumsy fingers and all. Fortunately, my wife is a skilled painter, so she paints all my miniatures. Then we play together (we have two armies so far and are planning to have more once we buy a bigger place); it is a little bit like playing a board game, but fiercer, and it appeals to her competitive side. Standard game lasts about 4 hours, plus another hour for setting up.

- Searching for original recipes on the Internet and trying them. Lately, having a baby kinda triggered a throwback to our respective childhoods. We've been chatting a lot about the education our parents gave us... and also about the food we ate when we were kids. And it turns out that, because of our cultural difference, we actually ate very different things. So I searched the Internet and came out with all kinds of French dishes I haven't eaten in over 20 years, and just cooked them for her. She also tried her hand at some, while I learned how to make some of her childhood-favorite Chinese dishes. We had lots of fun doing that~

Just a few ideas off the top of my head :peace:

As a homebody myself, most of the things I like to do take place indoors, so I am very adept at entertaining myself at home~

Here are some ideas based upon the things we like to do, none of them very original, but worth mentioning nonetheless:

- RPGing. Yes, it is more fun with 3+ people, but 1-on-1 with just my wife totally works. The best thing about 1-on-1 sessions is that the story can be tailored to the specifics of her character, with tropes such as "friend from the past asking for a favor", "old score to settle", "personal long-term goal", etc... Our other players are doing the same from their home, and when we reunite, we exchange about each other's "solo" adventures~

- Growing stuff at home. I do not know the first thing about gardening, but my wife is a farmer's daughter and she loves to grow plants and vegetables. We have a mini-garden on the balcony and a few plants inside including a bonsai tree.

- Miniature wargaming. I love Warhammer with a passion, but I cannot paint to save my life. Clumsy fingers and all. Fortunately, my wife is a skilled painter, so she paints all my miniatures. Then we play together (we have two armies so far and are planning to have more once we buy a bigger place); it is a little bit like playing a board game, but fiercer, and it appeals to her competitive side. Standard game lasts about 4 hours, plus another hour for setting up.

- Searching for original recipes on the Internet and trying them. Lately, having a baby kinda triggered a throwback to our respective childhoods. We've been chatting a lot about the education our parents gave us... and also about the food we ate when we were kids. And it turns out that, because of our cultural difference, we actually ate very different things. So I searched the Internet and came out with all kinds of French dishes I haven't eaten in over 20 years, and just cooked them for her. She also tried her hand at some, while I learned how to make some of her childhood-favorite Chinese dishes. We had lots of fun doing that~

Just a few ideas off the top of my head :peace:

I would love to start a garden here, but you need a lot of know-how as it's a desert and the ground is made up of very hard clay. I don't think soil happens here naturally lol

I do love the cooking date idea! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this up :)

I listen to music and use Creative Haven coloring books ( eBay )

I love listening to music! Apple Music suggests a new playlist by mood to me almost every day based on what I like and it's really fun way to spend some time. I have some coloring books too I should dig up. My best very good friend, Wrecky, sent me one of cute animals and cusswords for xmas lolol it's so awesome.

I was thinking about virtual museum tours. Has anyone tried them?

Thanks again so much for responding. There are some really great ideas here and I'm excited to read more :)

I've been doing a *lot* of cooking. I realize not everyone can cook, but it's also a great time to learn! One thing I've never been able to do is flip an egg in a pan and I've been practicing that. Lots of broken yolks. :p I also baked bread for the first time, like just about everyone else in the world, lol.

Another thing I've been doing is returning to things I used to enjoy as a kid that I've kind of moved away from. I had two lego sets in the closet that I received as gifts that I never opened and I was *obsessed* with legos as a kid. I took them out and put them together over a few weekends and really enjoyed it. What a soothing activity! I'd love to do more, but legos are hella expensive, lol. Other things I did that were enjoyable were adult coloring books, board games, and getting back to drawing.

I really want to have an online D&D campaign but haven't been able to find others.

I've been practicing a few musical instruments, but I'm also not pressuring myself if I don't feel like practicing every day. It's just for fun and I'm not trying to join the New York Philharmonic.

I've been thinking about buying one of those Build a Robot kits and see where that goes!

Agreed! I have chef experience so definitely been cooking. It is kind of a pain only cooking for 2 and trying to avoid waste tho xD

I also recently got a Kalinba to go with my various guitars and harmonicas lol Its a very relaxing instrument.

Thanks again for all the ideas. Id love more that include more than one person :)

You can also join different groups. As you can imagine, a lot of people are creating, or joining online groups, like book reading clubs, and even doing boardgames as groups through skype. And, of course, if you have a close group of friends, you could set up weekly online get togethers, ie, every friday night, you meet as a group online and just shoot the shit.

Taking up a new hobby is also good, be it painting, playing music, writing, drawing, making a small army of googly-eyed cottenballs to be at your beck and call (don't judge me!) or anything else. For some people, writing out a schedule for the week can help give them structure and help then from going crazy.

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back