• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Goofy Question #10 Are you a rollercoaster enthusiast?

FlockOfSeagulls

3rd Level Yellow Feather
If so what are some of the best coasters that you have ridden or want to ride?

For me, the stock market is the most exhilarating and frightening roller coaster ride out there! :blaugh: :jester:

*shudders* I hate roller costers. HATE THEM! Only way I'll get on one is at gunpoint and I'll cry the entire time.

I feel ya sister. Yanno what's weird tho? As a kid, I LOVED them. Now, you have to pay me to get me one of those damn things!

XOXO

TicklishLurker said:
*shudders* I hate roller costers. HATE THEM! Only way I'll get on one is at gunpoint and I'll cry the entire time.

I have no use for these 400-foot drop things and big 90s degree vertical drops, but I love more conventional coasters. some favorites are (in no order)

-Boulderdash at Lake Compounce in CT - outstanding fast wooden coaster through the woods
-Comet at the Six Flags park at Lake George NY-great historic wooden coaster
-Superman at Six Flags New England, very smooth steel coaster
-Yankee Cannonball at Canobie Lake in NH, another oldie but goodie
-Wild Beast and MineBuster at Canada's Wonderland in Vaughn, Ont., though MineBuster is one rough ride
-California Screamin' at Disney's Calif. Adventure
-Big Dipper at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, CA, very old and cool coaster
-Twister at Knoebels in PA...might be all-time favorite. Great park, too, with excellent food!
-Rock'n Roller Coaster at Disney MGM in FL
-Montu at Busch Gardens Tampa...but you need the front seat.

I need to get to Kennywood, Hershey, Kings Island and Cedar Point sometime!

Ok, the first coaster I ever went on was the one at The New York New York in las Vegas! OMG for a first timer that is pretty scary! I loved it though! What should I go on next?

Well,

I used to be. Igrew up a 15 minute subway ride from Coney island, at a time when, according to rollercoaster 'experts' (how does one become credentialed as a rollercoaster expert anyhoo?) 5 of the top 6 in the world were right there!
I got to ride them all. As I recall, they were ranked as follows; (as of 1960)
#1 The Thunderbolt :lovestory
#2 The Cyclone :twohugs:
#3 The Bobsled :happyfloa
#5 The Lightningbolt :smilelove
#6 The Tornado :cool:
Never found out what or where #4 was; didn't care. :sowrong:
My favorite was The Bobsled; it was the first one with no wheels or tracks!
The bottom of the car was shaped like it had a flatbottomed letter U sticking out and running down the middle. The flat bottom was lined with greased ball bearings in channels. The protrusion of the car bottoms fitted into a groove in the bottom of the rout, at least at the start. Once you got over the top of the first big hill, the rest of the route was a curved trough, just like a bobsled run, heavily greased, so the cars slid up the sides on the curves. Sometimes they went past 90 degress from vertical, with nothing but centrifugal force to keep them from falling down sideways, and nothing but inertia to keep them from going up past the edge of the trough and crashing to the ground!
There were times when inertia failed; I saw the news reports. That's why they finally closed it down, but man, what a cool, wild ride!

Mastertank1

We who play and dance are thought mad by they who hear no music.

When I was a kid I used to love rollercoasters, especially the big one at Palisades Park. :D

But Palisades Park (a large amusement park on the banks of the Hudson River) was torn down years ago, and my middle-aged stomach no longer likes to shaken up so much anyway.

There is a line from Armageddon that describes my favorite coaster. It was the Ninja at Six Flags over Georgia. It was an awesome ride.

We're gonna twist you, we're gonna turn you.

Oh yeah, big time. It's pretty nice to have Six Flags 30 minutes from my house.

steph said:
I feel ya sister. Yanno what's weird tho? As a kid, I LOVED them. Now, you have to pay me to get me one of those damn things!

XOXO

I didn't even like them as a kid. I once freaked out on one of those kiddie ones that only go around in a circle and go up and down in little hills. And I was 16!

Indeed, I am.

Weird. "Indeed, I am."

Sorry, been hanging out with my dad a lot lately. Even my thoughts are in an Irish accent now. lol

Anyway, yeah, rollercoasters are the bomb diggety.

Illinois has a six flags great america and we've got the Raging Bull which was built by Swedish geniuses and so it's really smooth and it's got a 200 foot drop but it doesn't go upside down.

Then we've got The Batman, where the track is above the seats and you hang from it, in a chair type thing, with your feet hanging. That ride goes way too fast though.

Then the newest one, The Superman, is like The Batman in that the track is above the cars so that you're dangling, but right as the ride is about to start, you are moved from a sitting upright position to a horizontal laying position, so that you look like you're flying like superman.

It's pretty scary. I cried when I rode it the first time.

I hate heights so most roller coasters are out for me... however... the ones in Disney World are the only ones I can go on without major panic and/or anxiety attacks. So my list is short:
Big Thunder Railroad
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain

The Raptor at Cedar Point. Front row, legs dangling.....

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although it's not the same experience, I do have the "World's Greatest Rollercoasters in 3D" dvds. They do a feature on each coaster....the history, building of, etc....then you ride in the front seat.

I suppose after several shots of tequila, and if you had a couple of people rock your chair in the appropriate directions, it miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight work ;)

LOVE rollercoasters!
I want to ride every one in the US eventually.
To this point..........Nitro and Medusa at 6 Flags Great Adventure and Steel Force at Dorney Park along are the 3 best.
The plan is to venture on over to Cedar Point and take on all 16 of theirs.

I'm hoping to ride on Kingda Ka, at Great Adventure, NJ.

Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster was cool.

Vertical Velocity...fast!

Superman was a unique perspective.

There are many others that the names slip my mind but they just keep getting better and better ,unfortunately, the older I get, the harder it is to find people that can stomach them. Women tend to lose this as they get older and their bodies change...hmmm, maybe I'll just have to find a younger one ;)

phfttklr said:
I'm hoping to ride on Kingda Ka, at Great Adventure, NJ.

Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster was cool.

Vertical Velocity...fast!

Superman was a unique perspective.

There are many others that the names slip my mind but they just keep getting better and better ,unfortunately, the older I get, the harder it is to find people that can stomach them. Women tend to lose this as they get older and their bodies change...hmmm, maybe I'll just have to find a younger one ;)

Waste not your time on Kingda Ka.

For one.........it's roughly 30 seconds long after roughly a 2 to 3 hour wait on line AND.......there is a disclaimer that states something long the lines of that sometimes the train does not make it over the top and will be guided backwards back down and restarted. That and the ride breaks down almost consistantly and ends up closed down for the day.

The last time we were at GA........and this is NOT an exageration in any way.
We were on the side where spectators can watch the ride....and we saw pieces of the track(nuts and bolts) fly off the track where right afterwards, the ride was shut down.

Best roller coaster I've ever ridden is The Hulk, at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure, near Orlando, FL. Most coasters start you out by winching you up a long incline, then let gravity accelerate you with the first steep drop. The Hulk is different in that it uses jet engines to blast you out of the starting gate. It's a mega rush, to be sure!

"Space Mountain" at Disney's Magic Kingdom is an older but still good roller coaster. It's completely indoors and in near stygian darkness.

"The Mummy" at Universal Studios replaced the old King King ride ("Kongfrontation), and is quite the thrill, taking you at breakneck speed through tombs, and at one point pausing in a room in which the entire ceiling is ablaze with fire.

"Kracken" at Sea World will jumble your insides like a blender set to "frappe," with loops and corkscrews galore. I don't know if this actually qualifies as a "roller coaster" since you don't sit in a car. Instead your seat dangles from the rail above you and you're locked in with your feet dangling. It's really intense.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back