• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Got a PSP

Ayla ny

Verified
Does anyone have any tips? It seems like there should be ways to get P2P stuff on this thing... but I don't know how.

It's really cool but I only get to play with it until my son's Birthday, then I have to give it to him :(

the PSP is a nice little item. basically, all you have to do is keep it updated through a WiFi connection, and you can connect the device to your PC via USB cable to put in music, pictures, even movies (though movies have to be mp4 format). i've had mine for a bit over a year, and it has been through hell. but it still works great and is handy to have on long trips.

It really is pretty sweet! I connected to my wireless router right away. That's what makes me think that there must be some kind of P2P out there for this thing.

Got a 2gig memory stick for it and want to load it up with cool stuff before I have to hand it over.

Glad to hear that they are on the durable side, too. He tends to lose stuff before he gets a chance to break it, though. :sowrong:

It really is pretty sweet! I connected to my wireless router right away. That's what makes me think that there must be some kind of P2P out there for this thing.

Got a 2gig memory stick for it and want to load it up with cool stuff before I have to hand it over.

Glad to hear that they are on the durable side, too. He tends to lose stuff before he gets a chance to break it, though. :sowrong:

well, if your kiddo gets a multiplayer game, and another kid has the same one, they could play together, or over the internet. there is also a PSP site you can connect to through the device that allows you to download demos, wallapapers, etc.

As the resident Gamestop employee...I will give you some advice for your PSP...and it's some damn good advice, so listen up

Ditch it. Get a DS instead, much bigger user base, better online community, and...better games.

You really think so? I was considering the DS but the PSP seemed more expandable, if that makes sense. The DS seemed like just a fancier version of the GBA he already has.

Well here's the thing...if you went to a Gamestop -promo, promo- you could've traded in your GBA and cut the cost of the DS some. The DS plays GBA games as well...Iono...PSP just hasn't been doing as well so far, though maybe it'll pick up. I mean, it will have connectivity to the PS3, so...hopefully Sony will get on the right track with the PSP

I was delighted with mine, till I realised that basically every game on it is a stripped down "idiots version" of the main console one.

Yep, that seems to be the biggest problem. The PSP has the hard-ware, it just lacks the innovation of the DS. But I mean seriously...could Sony compete with Nintendo, who's been running the hand-held market for 20+ years. No, not really. Will Sony back out of the hand-held market, probably not. PSP sales have been fairly decent, not DS decent...but fairly decent.

How about the P2P thing? Is there no swipe-copping of games and movies for this platform that seems so made for it?

Not that I would ever use software w/out a full licensed agreement... but... isn't there game and movie swapping for this thing? You know… for the folks with a couple of less morals than me… :rolleyes:

You can hack your PSP to emulate games...but...your PSP will just be rendered moot at the next update.

Yep, that seems to be the biggest problem. The PSP has the hard-ware, it just lacks the innovation of the DS. But I mean seriously...could Sony compete with Nintendo, who's been running the hand-held market for 20+ years. No, not really.

Well Nintendo ran the majority of the console market, closely followed by Sega, for about fifteen years... Then Sony said hello to it and kicked the smeg out of both of them. Sega don't do arse any more and their last three consoles have been unadulterated shite. Nintendo have been good, but nothing outsold Playstation games till Bill Gates chucked his hat in the ring.

I was talking about the hand-held market which Nintendo has been dominating. The funny thing is...all of the Gameboy's competitors were technologically superior. That said though, it's no surprise why the DS outsold the PSP, it's a name people can trust. Though I think out of all of Nintendo's handheld competitors, past and present, the PSP is by far the best.

I was talking about the hand-held market which Nintendo has been dominating.

I know you were. I was comparing it to mainline consoles, because I thought it was a comparable point.

Oh, you guys are talking about games? I thought you meant a Personal Savings Portfolio! :D :jester:

Um. Wellll. They are not THAT durable. Structurally speaking, they are probably the most cheaply made hand held on the market.

I've owned one for a while now. I traded in my old DS and a whack load of games to help pay for it. This was also after the price reduction.

The warranty covers just about everything EXCEPT missing pixels, which, from what I hear, is the biggest design flaw the system has. I accidentally dropped mine from only one foot from the ground and it knocked some pixels out just from that! I had to lie like a motherfucker to the guy at EB just to get it replaced.

My second one experienced some sound issues after a humid heatwave tore through my province in july. It got replaced too.

But all in all, I find it better than my DS. The graphics, memory, and game selection is far better, IMO.

Depending on how old your son is, you may find it a little slim on youth friendly games compared to the DS, though.

He’ll be getting this for his 12th birthday. The games I saw for DS looked like he might outgrow them at any sec (like he did with so many other over-priced electronics I bought along the way) but the PSP seems to have more teen to adult games. Plus it has Worms Open Warfare 2! That alone was a selling point!

The ability to play mp4 movies appealed to me, too.

The only thing that is really ticking me off so far is the fact that I can’t figure out how to load the memory stick with “borrowed” games and movies before I give it to him.

That, and I can’t get YouTube to work on it.

Wouldn’t have expected this stuff if I got him a DS instead, though. I guess I should just slap down my geek and get out my credit card… :)

Last edited:
What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back