• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Goya painting I'm obssesed with. (artists....interested in your insight!)

The Internet

2nd Level Green Feather
Man oh man, I've been on a HUGE Goya kick the last few days. I must have looked at over a hundred Goya paintings, sketches, etchings, and the like.

I am tempted to put a million down right now! But there's this beautiful one that I just keep coming back to. "The Parasol"

Goya was known for both the grotesque....and great beauty. This one is of the latter.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/El_Quitasol_(Goya).jpg

i've read ten thousand things about this painting, and have my own feelings about it as well:

1.) She's in the French style, obviously has money. Him? Not so much. But he's definitely dressed cool! One art critic described him as dressed like a Spanish hipster, lol. Is he her servant? Her suitor? Both?

2) They're on the outside of a wall.....outside the city? Where conventions can be flouted?

3.) The sun is beating down on her......but there are dark clouds on the upper left. And look at the tree behind him! What a strong wind! So not only is he shielding her from the sun, but also from the approaching storm.

I love the use of color, and.....the sense of mystery....the way her face is in shadow, but her skin tone, and rosy cheeks....oh man......beautiful.

I can barely draw a stick figure! So any visual artists out there....I'd love to know what YOU see in this painting. what you see in it technically, conceptually, etc etc. I know painters are a VERY opinionated bunch; I'd love to know your thoughts on Goya in general, maybe what your favorites are. I saw a fantastic exhibit of his work years ago, I don't know what got me started on looking at him the other day, but it's turned into an obsession! He's like the last old master....and the first modernist!

This one, though, is DEFINITELY late 18th century (circa 1797, if memory serves me right.)

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back