• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Help disigning stocks.

homemade

TMF Poster
I have the "main" part done. The board with the holes in it for ankles, wrists ect. Im just wondering how i would mount it and to what?

I first thought of adding two longer 2 by 4's on either side of the stocks. Then adding some two by 4's or other wood to the bottom of these longer legs to act as extra long "feet" and slide them between my mattress and box spring.

OR

My other idea is to just make the base as is and put some ratchet straps around the mattress to hold the foot board in place.

This is not an easy project! But the part im stuck on at the moment is how im going to keep this thing from moving.

Since a mattress is not rigid, attaching anything to it would be self-defeating. Why not use angle irons to attach the lower frame of the stocks perpendicular (that is, at a 90% angle) to the edge of a thick (3/4") sheet of plywood the size of the bedframe itself (Double, queensized, kingsized, whatever), which could be placed permanently under the mattress. In cross-section this assembly would look like a capital letter "L" lying on its back.

Its own weight, combined with that of the person lying on top of it, would certainly stop the stocks from shifting.

All I did was make my feet for my stocks a little longer (like a foot long each foot total), then I added some eyelet hooks along the bottom on each side...and I use bungee cords to hook into the eyelets and under the mattress to secure it, or I can use a few more cords or a metal runner leash and go completely under the bed. My stocks hold very well and it was an easy and inexpensive solution.

Rob

Lets see a photo or two Rob if you have them.

Libertine, im not wanting to attach anything to the mattress. I want to slide the "base" or "feet" of the stocks under it, so the weight of the mattress and someone laying on top of it with their feet in stocks would be holding it in place. Make sense?

After I finished those pics...I added more. At the bottom of the stocks, near the base I added some eyelet hooks (steel thick ones) that I screwed into the wood. I then use bungee cords to hook to those eyelet holes and then wrap the cords under the mattress, bed frame, chair, whatever I need to. Then make sure both ends connect and are nice and tight so they can not move. I also made the feet bigger.

I can't do it now (my kids are with me for the summer, they will be going home next weekend) but when I get back I will take some pics...or perhaps after they go to sleep tonight if I have a few spare minutes I will hook it up and take another pic and show you what I am talking about.

Rob

Thats a better description, thanks Rob. And if you get a chance to snap photos, please do, if not, i understand.

...is worth a thousand words...

Lets see a photo or two Rob if you have them.Libertine, im not wanting to attach anything to the mattress. I want to slide the "base" or "feet" of the stocks under it, so the weight of the mattress and someone laying on top of it with their feet in stocks would be holding it in place. Make sense?
This is exactly what I was trying to say. Here's a pic.
stocks%20drawing2.jpg

The stocks lower upright is fastened to the edge of a 3/4" plywood sheet (60" X 80", for example if your bed's a queensize) with angle irons to hold it at a rigid 90 degrees. This assembly is placed on the box-spring. Then the mattress goes on top of the plywood. A piece of cloth thrown over the upright will make it look like an ordinary footboard if discretion's required.

However, if you want to be able to remove it entirely when it's not being used, substitute hinges for the angle irons. They won't pivot if used above and below the joint, and when you remove the hinge pins, the upright can be stored under the bed, for example.

Last edited:
I got ya now Lib. I actually have ended up doing just that. I used hinges. Im not so sure how my take on this will workout, but we will see. I want to wrap the thing in vinyl or something to protect the bed and see what happens.

One tiny refinement

If you're going to use hinges, there will be a bit of play at the joint. Glue a thin strip of upholstery foam rubber scrap to the edge of the plywood base. This will compress when you attach the stocks and will stop them from rattling when in use.

This also works nicely on the screw joints of timber-frame beds.

ideas

may be these pictures will help.
very basic but 100 percent effective.

Attachments

• a holt 042.jpg
    a holt 042.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 27
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I have been looking for!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back