• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How I learned to stop worrying and love the packing tape market

Mrcool

4th Level Orange Feather
So if you didn’t already know I am moving, In exactly 2 months to be exact. As such I have a lot of packing to do. Now for those of you who have never packed something in a box before you need 4 simple things
1. The shit your packing
2. A cardboard box
3. Bubble wrap
4. Packing tape
A simple process that any man with half a brain could do. I how ever do not have half a brain and did NOT pick up packing tape. So there I am, shoving my Atari in a cardboard box that I told Patrick to specifically label “atari 2600” so we would not confuse it with the Atari Jaguar with the Atari 2600 ( I’m packing ALOT of video games ) and instead he wrote “grahams stupid video games vol 2600” I confront him and all he does is laugh. So I say “just give me the god damn tape” and he pauses and looks around and tells me “you were in charge of getting the tape...you forgot it didn’t you?” I tell him yes and he tells me to go get some tape.

Going into this I did not expect how strange the tape market was treating me. I never occurred to me how little I simply go to a store and buy tape! Scotch tape maybe and occasionally duct tape but NEVER packing tape. Let some buying it by it’s self.
So I hope into my local rite aid. It’s pretty close by only about 2 blocks from my apartment.
“Excuse me can you point me to the packing tape” I asked a pimply faces teenaged boy
He exhales deeply and says “wait here, I will get it for you”
He takes an awfully long time and returns with a thing of scotch tape which he slams on the check out table
“I’m sorry but I asked for packing tape” I say

An long silence occurs as he stares at me and the tape

Did I do something wrong? Do I not question teenagers who hand me improper tape? I was beginning to worry that I was going to get punched in the harbor something when...
“I’m sorry...we only have scotch tape” and before waiting for my reptile takes it back. It’s not like I was going to take the crude excuse for tape but it was still odd.

Not willing to be defeated by the tape company, I decided to walk a whole 6 BLOCKS To the closest staples. I run into the store and dash into the tape section (well less of a section and more of a stand ) and I am horrified at the selection. All they had was scotch tape and neon colored and Silly graphic designed duct tape. I was getting to the point in which I would have taken regular duct tape. But I refuse to have my boxes be coved in tape that looks like a bunch of dounuts.
I am in shock at this point. Staples, one of the leading office supply stores does not sell packing tape. At this moment I get a call from Patrick.
“Where the hell are you dude, it’s been almost 45 minuets and you said you would only be 10”
I explain to him the situation and he is like “Fine, but I need your help organizing your shit, one more store and then come home!”

It is clear to me at this point that the tape industry is out to get me, I am beginning to lose hope and can’t think of another store...until it pops into my head. “MICHAELS!” I scream on the inside. I see the store across from me and I dash inside.
I see my tape and when I pick it up I feel like a king. I buy the tape and I walk home.

This is story and a shout-out to all the tape company CEO’s reading this...you can’t stop me and you never will be able to stop me from getting my tape

LOL. Your story is full of humor and adventure. Bravo. :D

Also, I admire Patrick's dry wit. ;)

LOL. Your story is full of humor and adventure. Bravo. :D

Also, I admire Patrick's dry wit. ;)

I will make sure to tell Patrick how much you appreciate his humor ( although the man has an ego bigger then jesus so I best be careful

Duct tape is far better for bondage, even electrical tape is better for bondage. Never packing tape...not for bondage. I understand your frustration, Cool, maybe I call you "Cool?" I'm confused by the "looking like doughnuts" line though. I've moved many times and have found the easiest way to gradually lose all your shit is by moving many times. Cassette tapes, remember those? Oi, someone out there has a large part of my teenage playlist in one of my own duct-taped boxes of stuff. Don't know why I'm explaining this, I liked your post and wanted to reply. Recently, I had what might be the opposite of your experience, but with a whole other kind of tape!

I bought a nice jacket for a function I'm to attend in the fall, a suit jacket/blazer/sports jacket? I don't know what they're called these days but I'll be wearing a t-shirt beneath and jeans below. The arms of the jacket are a bit too long but otherwise it's a perfect fit, which is rare seeing as I'm basically two mis-matched halves joined crudely in the middle. 42 -Short. Anyway, the woman in the thrift store told me to get this stuff called Witchery Stichery or some nonsense, basically hemming tape. I never thought I'd find this shit, never noticed it the tape and supply aisle and it's one of my favorite aisles. I went into the CVS and within about three minutes I'd found three different brands. I settled on 3-M. My jacket looks great and I look pretty good in it if I do say so myself. And I do. No reason to apologize to the jacket for ugly-ing it up, anyway.

Duct tape is far better for bondage, even electrical tape is better for bondage. Never packing tape...not for bondage. I understand your frustration, Cool, maybe I call you "Cool?" I'm confused by the "looking like doughnuts" line though. I've moved many times and have found the easiest way to gradually lose all your shit is by moving many times. Cassette tapes, remember those? Oi, someone out there has a large part of my teenage playlist in one of my own duct-taped boxes of stuff. Don't know why I'm explaining this, I liked your post and wanted to reply. Recently, I had what might be the opposite of your experience, but with a whole other kind of tape!

I bought a nice jacket for a function I'm to attend in the fall, a suit jacket/blazer/sports jacket? I don't know what they're called these days but I'll be wearing a t-shirt beneath and jeans below. The arms of the jacket are a bit too long but otherwise it's a perfect fit, which is rare seeing as I'm basically two mis-matched halves joined crudely in the middle. 42 -Short. Anyway, the woman in the thrift store told me to get this stuff called Witchery Stichery or some nonsense, basically hemming tape. I never thought I'd find this shit, never noticed it the tape and supply aisle and it's one of my favorite aisles. I went into the CVS and within about three minutes I'd found three different brands. I settled on 3-M. My jacket looks great and I look pretty good in it if I do say so myself. And I do. No reason to apologize to the jacket for ugly-ing it up, anyway.

To answer your question, one of the few designs they had was one that was covered in little donuts

Can't believe your local Staples didn't have any packing tape. Granted, you may have had to buy a whole bunch of it, but the ones around here have it. Next time (if there is one), ax them (oh them danged ebonics...).

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back