• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How much sleep do you get on average?

How much sleep do you get?

• Less than 6

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • 6-7

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • 10 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SpiffyTickler

1st Level Red Feather
Sleep is very important for the human body. It's the body’s time to rest and repair itself. Poor sleep leads to a poor immune system, a poor memory and poor reaction time. You can even die if you go without sleep for a long enough period of time.

We're supposed to get 8-9 hours of sleep a night, but I'm willing to bet that most of us don't. The average American sleeps for a little less than 7 hours a night. The average college student gets around 5-7. I, being an average college student, get around 5-6.

So let's see how much sleep the average TMF member gets.

I also feel I don't get enough, ooerrr :p

I normally get around 6-7 hrs during the week and an hour more on the weekends (hopefully). I do need at least 8 to feel more alert, I'm not the best in the morning anyway and if I get up when I feel I need more sleep I usually end up with a headache which is bad news as it could take all day to lift.

They say that every person needs a diffferent amount of sleep to function properly, and with a couple of the minor health problems that I have, I really do need 8 or 9 hours to feel my best, the problem is I can never sleep through the night and get those hours that I need. I guess this is obvious, since I am posting this at 2:43 a.m. I wish that I could sleep.

7 to 7 1/2 hours. When I was younger I used to be able to sleep longer.

i hate sleeping haha. Ideally i'll sleep off and on for 5 or so hours over the course of two days. I always feel so terrible when i sleep in intervals longer than a couple of hours. That's not to say i'm a disruptive person when i'm awake and everyone else is asleep, i spend alot of time lying very still doing nothing. Sleep deprivation makes the little naked blue men appear :veryhappy

I try to get 6 hours at least every night, sometimes it's less. After a couple of days without getting enough sleep I'll most likely drop down at 08:00 p.m. and sleep 12 hours in a row though :)

Poor sleep leads to poor memory? - hmm - interesting ;)

How much sleep do I get on average?

Around 6 or 7 hours a night during weeknights, but I tend to make up the lost hours of snooze time on the weekend. Except for now because it's too bloody hot and humid to get any sleep whatsoever.

Your body can run fine on 6-7 hours of sleep a night. Mine can at least, if I sleep for 8 hours or more I get really lethrgic and cranky. I also remember some boffin or other stating that on average, people who sleep for 7 hours or less live longer than people who get their 8 hours a night.

Saeria said:
Sleep deprivation makes the little naked blue men appear :veryhappy

I am intrigued. Have you yet discovered a way to make the naked blue attractive women appear?

Headsnap said:
Your body can run fine on 6-7 hours of sleep a night.
For some people maybe, but most of what I've read has said that getting less than 8 hours will impair your mental functions.

For example, a study on chronic sleep restriction was done on the effects of sleeping for 8 hours, 6 hours, and 4 hours. It found that:

Subjects allowed an 8 h sleep period per night displayed only minor,
non-significant increases in lapses of behavioral alertness over the 14
days.
In contrast, subjects in the 4
h sleep period condition displayed escalating numbers of lapses in
behavioral alertness and decreasing cognitive accuracy and speed across
the 14 days.
The magnitude of changes in performance over days of
sleep restriction in the 6 h sleep period condition was between that
observed in the 8 h and 4 h sleep period conditions.

http://www.journalsleep.org/Articles/260201.pdf

So it seems that it's best to sleep for 8 hours a day in order to get the most out of your mind.

I also remember some boffin or other stating that on average, people who sleep for 7 hours or less live longer than people who get their 8 hours a night.
I remember that and don't really have an answer for it. I'll read the journal article later today and see what it says.

Last edited:
Headsnap said:
I am intrigued. Have you yet discovered a way to make the naked blue attractive women appear?

I haven't, the closest i come to are drag queens.. sorry. on a side note, after going on my 4th day of very little sleep i saw no blue naked men this time, just a giant hermit crab creeping across the parking lot in my peripheral vision. Thank God i at least slept a little today, i miss the little blue men.

Saeria said:
I haven't, the closest i come to are drag queens.. sorry. on a side note, after going on my 4th day of very little sleep i saw no blue naked men this time, just a giant hermit crab creeping across the parking lot in my peripheral vision. Thank God i at least slept a little today, i miss the little blue men.

Have you seen a doctor about this sleep issue?

I don't sleep. Not well anyhoo. It's a big joke amongst my friends~we watched a Billy Crystal bit where he says "It's a terrible thing, being an insomniac. I've basically been awake since 1966..." I'm good to go on about 6 1/2 hours, I experimented with it once. If I'm very, very lucky on a good night, I get 4 to 5...
XOXO

Never enough! No matter what time I go to bed--early...late...very late..I wake up as if I didn't have any sleep. I've been told that I might have sleep apnea (sp)...and that I grind my teeth (badly) while I sleep.

What's sleep?

Has anyone here tried using sleep aids such as soft music, white noise, or even blindfolds?

What's New

5/13/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the most tickling clips in one place on the web!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back