• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How to makes friends on the forum?

UpSide2Gravity

TMF Poster
I've been on this site for years and only have been able to make one and a half friends, lol. Shout out to Tortuga for being awesome and to Chicago for being nice to me. I understand women being hesitant on this site due to the creepers out there and the men whom I've communicated with...so far all they've wanted are stories of me tickling my girlfriend to masturbate too. All I want is a platonic friendship. Why is hard on this site? I go other forums for gaming, vinyl, comics and a host of others, and on those forums we are able to bond over our common interest and then move on to other topics. We all enjoy tickling in one form or another, and that's why we've become a member of this community. So, I'd like some advice on how to approach friendship on this site, specifically. Thanks everyone!!!

Last edited:
Idk I've been here over a decade and have only really made a handful of "friends" on here over that time, most of which I barely speak to anymore at this point. Just post for fun and maybe you have some chemistry with people enough for them to actually want to keep talking to you off of it?

Hmm, I suppose I don't really know the answer to that. All I can suggest for you to be a more productive member of the forum is to just be yourself, don't try to put up a front or an act because you think it'll get people to show an interest in you. I wouldn't say I'm a popular member here at all but I've had the pleasure of talking to some great people because I just didn't act like a horny 18 year old.

Post around, be genuine, and READ PEOPLE'S PROFILES BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO MESSAGE THEM and you should do fine with meeting some cool people. I'm not saying don't shoot someone a message randomly, but if you do make sure they're at least okay with receiving messages and show them respect when you do so.

Honestly, most of the friends I've made have just been from sitting in chat and making jokes with them. Just casual conversation tends to lead into the easiest friendships, I've found. If you have Yahoo Messenger or Skype or whatever and some way to keep in contact outside of the TMF, that's handy as well.

Don't worry about making friends. Do your own thing, and people who like you will come along for the ride. Those who don't like you can go fuck themselves.

I'm afraid my response is only that I can empathize. The reasons for your difficulty are too complex for an easy answer to be known since we ARE dealing with people after all.

I've been on here more than 10 years. I've found it VERY difficult to connect with people here. I can't guess at what the biggest reasons are for that. Trying to figure that out feels like speculating into the wind. I don't think this medium makes people WANT to connect. It really encourages popping in and out like a whack-a-mole. A quick in and out before you get whacked with/by something/somebody 'weird'. For example, most of the time in chat (the only place where you directly interact with people real-time), IF I get the chance to PC with someone, it often feels like the other person's attention span is that of a 5 year old. In those instances, it's like they're watching a movie or YouTube video, or looking at some other website, or watching the neighbors out the window... doing anything besides paying attention to our chat. They can barely eek out short, pointless phrases that make me wonder why are they even here?! My sense of self isn't formed by what I encounter here, but by engaging in chat, didn't we kinda sorta a little bit agree that we wanted to, you know, chat? And usually before not too long... POOF!... they're gone without a word. I know people get booted off suddenly. It's happened to me. I'm not talking about that. Usually if that happens, the person will show back up in the main room with an "Oops, got booted". The poof-and-they're-gone thing has happened way too frequently that I know it's not that they got booted. They just left cuz whatever reason, they got bored, who knows why. If you're not going to make an effort, stop wasting my time! That's why I can go months between times I enter the chat room. It's almost always a huge waste of time if you're going there to try to connect, which I'll admit, I do. Not "Will you marry me" kind of connect, just hey, let's spend a little time sharing something about ourselves, and asking questions that engage the other person. While I have had some chats like that, and it's great when it happens, sadly they're so seldom that I rarely want to even try anymore.

Part of it is the amazingly transient pace of life these days as technology (the internet) allows instant gratification for information and interests. We suck it up so fast that we're onto the next thing before we've even stopped to look at where we just were. With such a pattern, no wonder connection on here is so hard. We feel odd enough as it is with this tickling thing (not all, but many I know do). We can't even find connection among like-minded folks. And I think that's what's so hard to grasp. In a place where, ahhh, finally I can find some people who might get me, nobody seems interested in even looking at each other, even acknowledging we're here.

As I think more about it, it's got to mostly be the sensual/sexual nature of tickling that makes people wary. People with non-sensual/non-sexual interests connect all the time... people into cycling, people into scrap-booking, people into hunting, people into cooking, people into oil painting. There's nothing sensual/sexual associated with these activities, thus no reason to have a preemptive guard up from the very start. Exactly the opposite actually... "Hey, this person likes cooking like I do. This should be exciting getting to know this person." Add the sensual/sexual thing in though, and the whole dynamic is something very different. We are asking a lot to expect someone not to have their guard up I think.

HOWEVER... there's no excuse for engaging someone in PC only to grunt a few words and LOL the whole time, and then poof away suddenly! Why were you even there to start with?!

Don't worry about making friends. Do your own thing, and people who like you will come along for the ride. Those who don't like you can go fuck themselves.

What he said.

And I'd add, have you ever gone to a gathering? NEST is right around the corner! It's a lot easier to connect with people face to face and in person than it ever will be online.

It's rare, indeed, but I have made some platonic friends (as well as non platonic friends, heh) from here. We bonded over similar interests (video games, movies, what have you). I welcome people that would message me over that sort of thing. I try to stay out of the chat room because it's tiring to always get guys wanting to role play, but I have had some nice conversations in there as well.

It's very difficult. I'm not too great at making friends in the real world , so I really suck at it here

Well, for one thing, this is a fetish forum and for many on here tickling is sexual, os naturally you'll encounter users looking for an excuse to wank. Secondly, it may be harder to make friends here because it's a completely different crowd here, not like the more 'vanilla' forums that you've mentioned. But like it's been said above, just keep cool and friends will come along the way. It may take a while; I never expected to make real friends here, which I still haven't (mostly due to my area), but I have met some really decent people in here. So just keep cool :D

Just get involved in a bunch of posts and sound genuinely interested! And yeah remember to read someone's profile fully before messaging them! I hate having to explain everything over and over again haha

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back