• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I hate bigotry. So much.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_lesbian_prom_date

Long story short... a school doesn't want a lesbian couple to attend, so they cancel the prom. Not only does it reek of bigotry, but also makes these young girls look like they're at fault. Shameful.

It doesn't make the girls look at fault, it just shines a light on the narrow-minded adults who made such a heartless decision. Sad :disgust:

It doesn't make the girls look at fault, it just shines a light on the narrow-minded adults who made such a heartless decision. Sad :disgust:

Well, in the view of a few of their classmates, it has the potential to make them targets for blame. The whole situation is just incredibly unfair to everyone.

Let's look for a moment at this issue outside the box of political correctness.

Connie and her girlfriend could have each registered to go to the prom as single attendees. They would have still been able hang out and dance together.

But no, that wasn't good enough. They wanted to be registered as a couple, probably to make some kind of political statement. When the school said no, they went and involved the ACLU.

The ACLU threatened the school with litigation they knew the school could not afford. The school board had a choice. Succumb to the strong-arm tactics of the town bully, or maintain their established protocol and shut down the prom. They chose the latter, and I have the utmost admiration for them doing so.

As a result the prom was ruined for all the students. The blame now properly rests where it should. On the shoulders of Connie McMillen and the ACLU. They will now be looked upon as the scourges of the town.

Sometimes justice actually does prevail.

I'd love to hear them justify banning her from wearing a tuxedo.

They'd simply say it was "inappropriate" and "distracting". Same thing with the recent interracial prom issue in the same state, they're determined to live in 1951 :rolleyes:

On a tangent, this: http://www.amazon.com/Prom-Night-Mississippi-Morgan-Freeman/dp/B002C68WNM

is a truly excellent little documentary, and I'm optimistic that the same-sex issue will also be tackled in time and hopefully done away with.

i am so tired of this
in the us the day will come when there will be no LGBT issues at all & everyone will be treated the same wither i will still be a alive to see it is the Question
yet more of a resin to love being canadian & living in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so tired of this
in the us the day will come when there will be no LGBT issues at all & everyone will be treated the same wither i will still be a alive to see it is the Question
yet more of a resin to love being canadian & living in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me just say I second this wholeheartedly (I'm not a Canadian but your awesome country is looking to be a better and better place to relocate every day.)

And to the person who said what a shock its in the south.....well duh mate! :) I'm surprised interracial dating is now accepted down in that squalid little eyesore of America, let alone gays having actual rights.

Prom is ultimately a place to gather and hang out with friends. The kids who have dates usually don't stick with those dates; they end up hanging out with friends.

The high school I graduated from understood that so they were flexible with dates the students would bring to prom. I remember a female classmate taking her best friend, a female, as her date for prom. Best friends who wanted to go to prom and have fun. :)

The high school should remember what prom is supposed to be about and that is students having fun.

Connie and her girlfriend could have each registered to go to the prom as single attendees. They would have still been able hang out and dance together.

But no, that wasn't good enough. They wanted to be registered as a couple, probably to make some kind of political statement. When the school said no, they went and involved the ACLU.

The ACLU threatened the school with litigation they knew the school could not afford. The school board had a choice. Succumb to the strong-arm tactics of the town bully, or maintain their established protocol and shut down the prom. They chose the latter, and I have the utmost admiration for them doing so.

As a result the prom was ruined for all the students. The blame now properly rests where it should. On the shoulders of Connie McMillen and the ACLU. They will now be looked upon as the scourges of the town.

You've got to be kidding.

It's not the responsibility of the girls in question to exploit loopholes in an unfair system. It's humiliating, disingenuous, and not something they should have to do just to enjoy the same privileges all their peers enjoy.

Easy. Most formal functions have a strict dress code. Long evening dress for the ladies. Black tie for the gents. It's certainly not unheard of for somebody to be denied entrance for failing to meet the dress code.

If we reverse the situation for a moment and imagine some hairy dude showing up for the prom in an elegant evening gown? Well now, suddenly it's quite easy to see him not get in.

Easy. Most formal functions have a strict dress code. Long evening dress for the ladies. Black tie for the gents. It's certainly not unheard of for somebody to be denied entrance for failing to meet the dress code.

If we reverse the situation for a moment and imagine some hairy dude showing up for the prom in an elegant evening gown? Well now, suddenly it's quite easy to see him not get in.

I would like to see your point of view on things....I just can't shove my head that far up my ass.

You're quite talented ;)

Prom is ultimately a place to gather and hang out with friends. The kids who have dates usually don't stick with those dates; they end up hanging out with friends.

The high school I graduated from understood that so they were flexible with dates the students would bring to prom. I remember a female classmate taking her best friend, a female, as her date for prom. Best friends who wanted to go to prom and have fun. :)

The high school should remember what prom is supposed to be about and that is students having fun.

Same with my school. Hell, I ended up bringing a friend because my asshole of a boyfriend broke up with me the night before. He was winner. :jester:

That that was back in 1995 and my school didn't give a rat's ass who went with who....still don't from what I hear. Just as long as there was no drama and everyone enjoyed themselves, they couldn't have cared less. Lots of people did that actually, brought friends. The school still got the $$$ that they wanted with each ticket sold.

I'm glad I didn't attend a school as backwards as the one in Mississippi. Whew.

It's not the responsibility of the girls in question to exploit loopholes in an unfair system. It's humiliating, disingenuous, and not something they should have to do just to enjoy the same privileges all their peers enjoy.

This.

That's funny because I was just thinking the same thing about what you said here...

It's not the responsibility of the girls in question to exploit loopholes in an unfair system.
If they want special privileges the other kids don't have, then yes it is up to them to find a loophole to exploit.

It's humiliating, disingenuous, and not something they should have to do just to enjoy the same privileges all their peers enjoy.
They don't have to do it all. They could have enjoyed the same privileges all their peers do by submitting to the same rules to which all their peers are also subject...or would have been subject if this stupid bitch hadn't screwed the pooch for the entire school.

I think I've become jaded when it comes to these issues because I am just not surprised anymore. >.> It makes me kinda grateful that I skipped my senior year of high school and didn't even attend prom.

This is why there will always be bigotry and discrimination in the world. Why do we have should it be that they have to go as sign up and pay as a single person each when they are a couple? Just because it's not the way you think of a couple doesn't make it any less of one. If you are going to hold that standard for them than all the kids should have to pay for individual tickets and not have a couple option. That would be just as fair.

For this school to cancel instead of letting them go together is bad on them. I feel sorry for these girls because there will be plenty of their classmates that will blame them when the school is the one at fault. They decided instead of letting two girls go just like everyone else can they had to punish the entire school. So frankly I say food for these girls for stand-up for themselves and what they believe. No one should dictate who they are in a relationship with. It can be hard. But hell if they take it far enough they have a good grounds for legal action against discrimination. No one has the right to deny you entry due to sexual orientation any more then they can deny you due to race.

If they want special privileges the other kids don't have, then yes it is up to them to find a loophole to exploit.

They don't have to do it all. They could have enjoyed the same privileges all their peers do by submitting to the same rules to which all their peers are also subject...or would have been subject if this stupid bitch hadn't screwed the pooch for the entire school.

Two things:
First, the privilege in question is being able to register with the date of your choosing. They are the only ones being singled out and denied their choice. This "rule" which you seem to think is fair and universal is a restriction that exclusively applies to only them.

Second, she didn't cancel prom. She wanted to bring her girlfriend. The school board cancelled prom.

Two things:
First, the privilege in question is being able to register with the date of your choosing. They are the only ones being singled out and denied their choice. This "rule" which you seem to think is fair and universal is a restriction that exclusively applies to only them.

Second, she didn't cancel prom. She wanted to bring her girlfriend. The school board cancelled prom.

Amen. Pretty soon, gays might actually want to legally marry someone of the same sex! :eek: How dare they ask for more rights than that of heterosexuals? :rolleyes:

Amen. Pretty soon, gays might actually want to legally marry someone of the same sex! :eek: How dare they ask for more rights than that of heterosexuals? :rolleyes:

I know right? Its like the old comedian said, why can't we be as miserable as straight married couples ;)

Just when you think you've seen it all... Deprive EVERYONE of the prom experience because of a few myopians. Good job, jackasses!

I wish I had gone to my prom. :(

I know right? Its like the old comedian said, why can't we be as miserable as straight married couples ;)

When it comes to marriage, I've always looked at it this way. Why devote my life to making one woman miserable when I can just date and spread the wealth? Sorry for the mini hijack. ;)

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back