• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I lost my best friend today

J.Apolo654

TMF Poster
:sadcry:

My beloved pet Chyna Doll,
A golden retriever/ cocker spaniel mix.
She was only seven!
one more month and she'd be 8!
She was poisoned according to the vet.
How, I don't know, But, Her liver and her difficulty breathing took her!
I'm all alone now.
If anyone has gone through the loss of a pet please share with me how to cope.

Thanks,

Joel

I'm sorry....

There is no one right way to cope. People heal in different ways. I just lived my life as normally as possibly in the days after I had to euthanize my cat. It worked for the most part, except for the tears I cried during those days. As for me, I haven't begun to heal. I an hear if you need to talk.

Angel.

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your pet, JApolo. My deepest condolences to you.

Mitch

J.Apolo654 said:
:sadcry:

My beloved pet Chyna Doll,
A golden retriever/ cocker spaniel mix.
She was only seven!
one more month and she'd be 8!
She was poisoned according to the vet.
How, I don't know, But, Her liver and her difficulty breathing took her!
I'm all alone now.
If anyone has gone through the loss of a pet please share with me how to cope.

Thanks,

Joel

I feel you pain we had to put my pal King down a couple of years back. The only thing I can tell you is you cry alot for a while, and then you just sort of move on. I was thinking about him just the other night as a matter of fact. It's one of the toughest things to go through, because a pet is never just a pet, it or they become family, specialy a dog, cause a dog would kill or die to protect it's keeper. A dog doesn't care what colour you are or what you call god, they are love incarnet, hell a dog would stand by you when your own brother wouldn't thats a dog. We had king for about 15 years, that was half my life at the time we put him to rest.

If you feel you are all alone with out China, then you should go to the pound and get another one, but one that is a different breed all together, that way you won't compare them. Also by going to the pound not only will you find a new best friend, but every day you spend with it you will know you may have saved it's life. Well consider it anyways.

I'm so sorry J.
We had to put down our dog Maxine 9 years ago because she had cancer of the lymph nodes. It's very tough to lose a pet.

Time may not heal all wounds but it will make it easier to go forward.

I just lost my dog 2 days ago, Believe me I know exactly how you feel!
He was 9. And my god! I love Him so so much.

I'm still learning to cope also. Everyday I cry no matter what. Its just too hard.

But I'm also here if you want someone to talk to, I wouldnt mind a chat or two either.

Awww, I'm so sorry Irish Girl 5. It must be very tough emotionally right now. :grouphug: :twohugs:

You also have my sympathies on such a sad occasion.
Many people here are struggling with the loss of a loved furry member of their family...you will find much support here.

Rob

I just went outside, and walked the trails that she would have walked.
I have a feeling I'm just going to be walking with her tags in my hand, My hand by my heart for a long while.

Chyna was a great dog. A friend of mine rescued her; But, when she moved to a new place she could only keep one of three dogs.
I was blessed with Chyna Doll! A natural escape artist! Me, a fan of magic!
I learned how smart she was when she and her former packmate Chance tried to escape their backyard.
She started to dig under the wooden fence and Chanceford would bring dirt into the house as a distraction.
When Chyna got out from the yard she waited for Chance.
He, unfortunately was to big for the hole. He was stuck!! She actually waited for him to get through!
That's when Tasha drove up with her mom!!
They just cleaned up the mess and laughed!

When I took her to a groomer for the first time, She got away from them and jumped the 3 foot gate! Right into my arms!!

Last night before we left her at the vet, she got out of her cage and ran for it, back to me!

She was a regular canine hightlight reel!
She always made me laugh, and I always felt loved by her.
I loved watching her eat, walk, chase cats (She's actually cat friendly), and sleep! I loved to watch her sleep! She could snore!!
I'll miss her, There will never be another like her!
Truly in my heart, she is one of a kind! The best kind!

I'd like to say thank you to those who were kind enough to talk and share.
I also wish to share my condolences with those who have lost a beloved pet.
Thank you so much!
Sincerely,

Joel

I don't think I've been right in the head since I lost my dog 4 years ago. He died on my 18th birthday of all days on my kitchen floor.

I'm so sorry to hear this... :dropatear

Sometimes, you can even go through what other people go through. I remember shortly after New Years '06, Tickled To Death and Shygirl lost their dog, when he got away and got hit by a car on the road in front of their house. We adored him, this brought us down for days.

We're all in this together, really.

damn i'm so sorry...and poisoned you say???? on purpose??? damn how mean can some people get....anyway Chyna Doll was a beauty..love those eyes...i'm also here anytime you wish to vent...i've lost two cherished pets over the years..

Hi Apolo , I'm sorry that you lost such a close companion . I've lost animals my self , some very close , you can't really forget them . It may be good for you to get a new dog so you won't feel so lonely , a new companionship . I hope it all goes well for you .

When Tomorrow Starts Without Me

I read all your posts and am still sitting here weeping. My heart breaks for all of you. I can think of no pain greater than to lose one who loves and is loved so much....

WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME
Author Unknown

When tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see;
The sun will rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me.
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today,
Remembering how I'd lay my head
In your lap that special way.
I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.

But when tomorrow starts without me.
Please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name
And petted me with her hand.
She said my place was ready,
In Heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind
All those I dearly love.

But, as I turned to heel away,
A tear fell from my eye,
For all my life I never thought
That I would have to die.
I had so much to live for,
So many sits and downs to do,
It seemed almost impossible,
That I was leaving you.

I thought about our lives together,
I know you must be sad,
I thought of all the love we shared,
And all the fun we had.

Remember how I'd nudge your hand,
And poke you with my nose?
The frisbee I would gladly chase,
The bad guy, I'd "bark and hold".

If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for awhile,
I'd wag my tail and kiss you,
Just so I could see you smile.

But, then I fully realized,
That this could never be;
For emptiness and memories
Will take the place of me.
And when I thought of treats and toys,
I might miss come tomorrow,
I thought of you and when I did,
My dog-heart filled with sorrow.

But then I walked through Heaven's gate,
And felt so much at home;
As God looked down and smiled at me,
From His beautiful golden throne.
He said, "This is eternity,
And now we welcome you,
Today your life on earth is past,
But here it starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow,
But today will always last;
For you see, each day'd the same day,
There's no longing for the past.
Now you have been so faithful,
So trusting, loyal and true;
Though there were times you did things,
You knew you shouldn't do.

But good dogs are forgiven,
And now at last you're free;
So won't you sit here by my side,
And wait right here with me?"

So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart.
For every time you think of me,
I'm right there, in your heart.

May I use this for her memorial ?

Mistress Aura said:
I read all your posts and am still sitting here weeping. My heart breaks for all of you. I can think of no pain greater than to lose one who loves and is loved so much....

WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME
Author Unknown

When tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see;
The sun will rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me.
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today,
Remembering how I'd lay my head
In your lap that special way.
I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.

But when tomorrow starts without me.
Please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name
And petted me with her hand.
She said my place was ready,
In Heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind
All those I dearly love.

But, as I turned to heel away,
A tear fell from my eye,
For all my life I never thought
That I would have to die.
I had so much to live for,
So many sits and downs to do,
It seemed almost impossible,
That I was leaving you.

I thought about our lives together,
I know you must be sad,
I thought of all the love we shared,
And all the fun we had.

Remember how I'd nudge your hand,
And poke you with my nose?
The frisbee I would gladly chase,
The bad guy, I'd "bark and hold".

If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for awhile,
I'd wag my tail and kiss you,
Just so I could see you smile.

But, then I fully realized,
That this could never be;
For emptiness and memories
Will take the place of me.
And when I thought of treats and toys,
I might miss come tomorrow,
I thought of you and when I did,
My dog-heart filled with sorrow.

But then I walked through Heaven's gate,
And felt so much at home;
As God looked down and smiled at me,
From His beautiful golden throne.
He said, "This is eternity,
And now we welcome you,
Today your life on earth is past,
But here it starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow,
But today will always last;
For you see, each day'd the same day,
There's no longing for the past.
Now you have been so faithful,
So trusting, loyal and true;
Though there were times you did things,
You knew you shouldn't do.

But good dogs are forgiven,
And now at last you're free;
So won't you sit here by my side,
And wait right here with me?"

So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart.
For every time you think of me,
I'm right there, in your heart.

Thank yo so much Mistress Aura.
Except for the frisbee part,
The retreiver that would never retrieve!
Show her a ball or anything, throw it, she'd look and tell me with those eyes "You go get it!"
That was her!

Joel

isabeau said:
damn i'm so sorry...and poisoned you say???? on purpose??? damn how mean can some people get....anyway Chyna Doll was a beauty..love those eyes...i'm also here anytime you wish to vent...i've lost two cherished pets over the years..

She had the most beautiful eyes!
Definitely like "Gromit", She could express everything with her eyes.
The apartment complex I live in is lower class. :disgust:
A lot of people leave garbage out on the street and on the grass, this makes no sense since there are garbage bins all over the place!
Chyna was lead by her nose and in the dark I don't know what she sniffs at or picks up until it's too late...
I only use the flashlight to pick up her dropping in a bag to dispose of.
They also spray some insecticide by everyones property.
So any of those things may be the cause.

If only I had taken the day off to bring her to the vet and stay with her :cry1:

I'm just glad nmy lease is up in two months, my roommate and I will have to part ways, But she understands it is for the best.

Thanks for stopping by and talking to me. I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Joel

Blimey, this is all too much, I tell myself not to read these threads as I know how upset I get, but, I did :dropatear

I'm very sorry to hear your news and I can say there is no easy way to grieve, time does help, but you will find yourself in years to come still crying when you think of your loved doggie.

As with many others here I lost a beloved pet last year, and I still cry over him, and wish he was here in my arms having his cuddles...

Its bloody hard but there are some great people on this forum to help you through it, you've made a good start in talking about her.

So sorry as with everyone else here time for a hug :cuddle: it won't bring her back, I know, but at least you know we all feel your pain.

Take care.

Yeah, I'm with you s'n't. I've been a constant pet owner since I was 5 years old and I know only too well that pets are never JUST a pet. They are a member of your immediate family and you love them every bit as much as your parent, your sister or brother, your child. And when you lose one the pain is every bit as real and deep.

I've lost a few of those immediate family members over the years, and I know how much it hurts. And being the animal lover I am every time I see a thread like this where one of our fellow forum members have lost their beloved furbaby, I cry right along with them. I've cried my eyes out every day the past 3 or 4 days in a row, sharing in the pain you all are experiencing. And while I can not offer advice on how to make it hurt any less, I CAN tell you that many are grieving with you, and completely understand what you are going through. My heart goes out to you, and you have my deepest sympathies, Joel. May she live on forever in your heart.

J.Apolo654 said:
Thank yo so much Mistress Aura.
Except for the frisbee part,
The retreiver that would never retrieve!
Show her a ball or anything, throw it, she'd look and tell me with those eyes "You go get it!"
That was her!

Joel

Of course you can use it...and I'm honored I was able to hug both of you with it.

Now I'm crying again. :sadcry:

:cuddle:,

Mistress Aura :justlips:

Mistress Aura,

Thank you so much again for that wonderful poem.

Mitchell, SlaveTickler, Robace252, scorpionldr, Knox The Hatter, Rajee, Irishgirl5, isabeau, DannyMc, Slap N Ticklee and Mimi, thank you all for taking the time to talk with me.
I appreciate it so much to have found such wonderful new friends on this great forum. I know Chyna Doll appreciates it too. She is such a sweet and precious little dog, and if anyone was wondering she was ticklish! She had a cute little spot by her belly that when rubbed got her little leg moving, you could almost see a smile on that adorable face!
I'll miss her so much, But for those of us who have lost, on Monday nights at 10:00 p.m. eastern, 7:00 p.m. Pacific There is going to be a candlelight vigil.
http://rainbowsbridge.com/CandleLighting_Tribute/Monday_Candlelighting.htm
If anyone wishes to join in, I'll probably be doing it off-line myself, Please do feel free to join me is saying goodbye and thank you to our wonderful pets.
(Please allow me to apologize if I wasn't suppose to post that website here. )

Sincerely,

Joel

Hi J.Apolo,

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Chyna Doll.

I too lost my dog within the last year and when it had happened I was devastated. I would wake up in the middle of the night and just cry and cry. My chest hurt so much and I didn't think I was going to make it through that horrible time.

Now, I can talk about my Toby with a smile and remember all the wonderful days I had with him. There are pictures around my house that bring the best of memories when I look at them.

You are in my thoughts.....

Mackenzie

Mackenzie said:
Hi J.Apolo,

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Chyna Doll.

I too lost my dog within the last year and when it had happened I was devastated. I would wake up in the middle of the night and just cry and cry. My chest hurt so much and I didn't think I was going to make it through that horrible time.

Now, I can talk about my Toby with a smile and remember all the wonderful days I had with him. There are pictures around my house that bring the best of memories when I look at them.

You are in my thoughts.....

Mackenzie

Hi Mackenzie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me.
It's been two days, and I'm still a mess of emotions,
Anger, Denial, Rejection, and Bargaining are all happening at once, and at intervals. The tears don't seem to stop.
My only solace and comfort is knowing that our beloved pets are in Heaven waiting for us at Rainbow Bridge. Waiting to walk us into Heaven.

Sincerely,

Joel

Apollo, I know just how you feel, having lost my cat Merlin in January. All I can say is that the hurt fades from red to grey with time. Delight in the fond memories you two shared together and find some way in which you can honor her. Maybe write a poem or even just a note to her.

My prayers are with you friend, for peace of mind and heart.

Thank you Toetapper!,

I appreciate your time and your words.
That was very kind of you!

Joel

If anyone would like to...

http://chyna-doll.critters.com/main.php?action=view&mem_id=1345&logoff=true

Please take the time to visit and sign her Guestbook.
She'd like that very much.
Thank you all for being so wonderful in my time of pain,
Adn for those who've lost a beloved pet, The candlelight vigil starts in a few hours. it is only 20 minutes and only needs three candles.
I'll keep you and your pets in my thoughts as well!

Joel

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back