• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I want to ride my bicycle!

Angel77

Level of Garnet Feather
Me again.:)

Just wanted to know if there are any cyclists out there? I've been thinking about buying a new bike for a while now. We have a lot of gorgeous bike paths in western Pennsylania so why not take advantage of the scenery? :p

I haven't owned a bike in years (I usually rent them) so I was curious as to what kind of bike should I maybe look further into? I'd like something easy to ride, comfortable on the dupa and durability is a good thing because I would need something that would take to the windy hills that our region is known for. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!!!! :thumbsup:

I love a good bike ride too, Angel! :D I bought a new bike last year actually, but if you're looking for info on what kind are best I'm not really the best guy to ask :shrug:

I just bought what was reasonably priced and seemed comfortable :jester: Works for me though :thumbsup:

Were you listening to Queen before you posted this thread......lol :)?

Me again.:)

Just wanted to know if there are any cyclists out there? I've been thinking about buying a new bike for a while now. We have a lot of gorgeous bike paths in western Pennsylania so why not take advantage of the scenery? :p

I haven't owned a bike in years (I usually rent them) so I was curious as to what kind of bike should I maybe look further into? I'd like something easy to ride, comfortable on the dupa and durability is a good thing because I would need something that would take to the windy hills that our region is known for. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!!!! :thumbsup:

Go to a local bike store in your area and do some research before you purchase, Angel. There is wide price range difference, so you want to be comfortable with your decision. Have fun.:smilestar

I am a big fan of Trek bikes. A little pricey but great value.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GugsCdLHm-Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GugsCdLHm-Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've actually just bought a new bike (not more than an hour ago).

Lovely wee touring cycle made by Raleigh. It's perfect for long distance road cycling, as it's light with thin tyres. I'd reccomend a touring bike, or perhaps a hybrid if you're looking to travel on roads that aren't paved so well.

I used to bike ride a lot when I was younger, but now that I live in an apartment complex, it's really difficult to find good paths. I'm not a big fan of cycling for the purpose of sweating it up and wearing myself out. I just do it 'cause it's fun. :p

Thanks so much for your input guys! I was actually out checking bikes today while I was out. Lots to choose from so I'm going to research a bit more and see what's out there.

Thanks again....I appreciate it! :)

yeah angel, i was just going to say there's a lot to choose from depending on the type of riding you'll be doing. everything from frame style to tire style (knobby or smooth). i've had my bike for a few years now but weather is so unpredictable here in vegas that we hardly ever go out. it's either too hot, too cold or too damn windy and just not safe to be on a bike on the road. good luck with your search!!!! :D

I love to ride a bike. I live out in boondock country though and there is no safe place to ride. People drive like drunks out here.....Wait! They are drunk!

I also love bicycling! :) Both for exercise and for fun. :D

Although I'm probably not the best person to ask for buying bicycles advices...
Because 1, I'm from another country so it's not certain we have the same companies, models, etc. and mostly: 2, Because I've had the same bike for about ten years soon. :rowfull: The length is still perfect for me xD, just had to raise the seat to it's highest level and then it's all good. ^^ Yep, that's what happens when you're short. :rowfull: Besides, I still like my old bike. Don't think I have a reason for buying a new one. :)

Anyway, good luck. :) Hope you find a bike you like! :D

Ps. Is it just me, or is your thread rubric referring to a song by Blümchen? xD

I'd go with a Specialized Rock Hopper or Stump Jumper. Outstanding performers, those.

Check out your bike stores, you will need something with a gearshift for all of the hills out there.

The length is still perfect for me xD, just had to raise the seat to it's highest level and then it's all good. ^^ Yep, that's what happens when you're short. :rowfull:

I'm short, but I have to LOWER the seat...otherwise, I have a hard time reaching the peddles. lol

I was seriously into cycling the past few summers but I sold my road bike a few months ago when cash was a little tight. Right now I've got a pretty crappy mountain bike that's serving me faithfully, but I need to get a new road bike in a few weeks. I'd like a Trek but I don't know if I want to spend that much.

Every so often I think about getting a bike too, haven't owned one since I lived across the pond. Right now I have no budget not the financial security to get one. :(

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back