• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ian Hunter..

Neutron

Anyone out there an Ian Hunter fan? I figure a few of the Brits must be. I loved him with the New York Dolls and Mott The Hoople, and think he made damn good music as a solo. Once Bitten Twice Shy is a classic, and if you listen to Irene Wilde and don't remember your first Unrequitted love then you don't have a heart.

You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic had to be one of the best albums ever, and I'm convinced Welcome To The Club might be the best live album ever recorded.

Tron

Big Ian Hunter/Mott the Hoople fan! I saw him twice on the last tour he did with Mick Ronson before Mick passed away in the early 90s.
In fact, I was just telling Ann last night about one of these shows. The concert was at some little dinky bar/restaurant in Mass. with a crowd about 200 people. Anyway, I made it to the front of the stage and after quite a few beers, I started singing along with all the songs. In true "Ian" fashion, he stopped singing whatever song and dropped the mic in front of me. Being drunk and with a live mic facing me, I promptly shut up, lol.
"Schizophrenic" is a really great album, as is "Club", and "YUIORTA" from 1989. I really liked Motts early years on Island records( "Mad Shadows", "Wild Life"). All their stuff is worth checking out.

Drew

I Have Everything Ian Ever Did..

Welcome To The Club went out of print a few years back. My copy broke, last year I finally found someone who could transfer their casette to CD for me. It's not great, but hey it's Ian. It's well worth it to hear the "Allo "Allo "Allo "Aloo at the beginning of Once Bitten Twice Shy (Still sends CHILLS up my spine). I saw Ian in concert probably about 15 times. He's AWESOME, as good in a bar or club as in a big venue.

Mick Ronson. DAMN I loved his music. I thin k his last public appearance was at the Freddie Mercury memorial. He played with Bowie.

RIP Mick :(

Tron

I do believe "Welcome to the Club" got reissued last year as a 2 cd set. I always liked that studio track on there called "Man O' War".
It's not a signature or autographed but I have one of Mick Ronson's guitar picks that he threw into the audience. He was a really great guitarist, even when he was with Bowie.
I never realized Martin Brilley used to be in Ian's band. Martin had a slight hit in the 80s called "You're Not Worth the Salt in My Tears."

Drew

Ann And Drew

THANK YOU!!, I owe you guys BIGTIME. I just went to Amazon.com and got Welcome To The Club at an EXTREMELY good price!
Damn I'm excited!!!

"All The little chicks with their crimson lips know England rocks!" (OR Cleveland depends on your preferred version)

Oh and Ronson was one of the best guitarists of all time. Very understated.

Tron

Ian Hunter...so cool!

When I bought the album, "You're Never Alone With a Schizophrenic," none of my friends could understand why I bought it; in my little world, I was the only one listening to him.

I haven't looked into purchasing the CD version of that album; I don't even know if that's available on CD. But thank you, Neutron, for jolting my memory about Ian Hunter. :D

(P.S. to Drew: I am NOT evil! :p :) )

In Cleveland

He was HUGE, any real music fan knew Ian. Maybe because he released England Rocks as Cleveland Rocks. I saw him lots of times in the akron and Cleveland Agoras, and the Cleveland Colliseum. Personally I think he was far better in the smaller venues, mostly because of his great repoire with the fans. Everytime he'd play Cleveland Rocks the place would ERUPT!

Tron

Yeah, it's a darn shame so many people associate "Cleveland Rocks" now with the Drew Carey theme song. Or "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" as Great White's big hit. Ian Hunter doesn't get enough noteriety in his 30+ year career. I heard Ian is touring england with Mick Ralphs opening shows, wonder if an original "Mott" reunion is not too far down the road?

Drew

I was to a Mott the Hoople fan and you know Ian also wrote a book? Mott recorded one of the best Bowie tunes ever called "All The Young Dudes" and i did not know that "Cleveland Rocks" was Ian thats a great song! Ian also recorded with the late great bassist Jaco Pastories on the "All American Boy" Ians first solo album i believe after he left Mott.

I remember them well, but it's been yonks since I saw that concert.

a good place to find out of print and hard to find music is: www.gemm.com

Tron -

I hate to admit it, but you have me stumped here: when was Ian Hunter with the New York Dolls? Was that around when Malcolm MacLaren was managing them (i.e., after he left Mott?)

What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back