• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ibuki (Street Fighter III) */F

Coolness! It came out really great!

Dunno if you di it on here, but when you've got your hollow outline, try putting each individual colour on a different layer. Makes it much easier to change that colour afterwards if needs be :D .

Thank ya. ;)

You know, I do that in a way. I'll have the colors for shading on one layer, the main color on another, and the highlights on a different one. I'll try it your way for my next one to see how it comes out. I always do a little experimenting with each one.

This is true ^_^ . The best thing with doing it that way is that you can easily change all of te colours on that one layer. And it's easy to remove certain bits to see how it looks with and without.
I find the best way to actually colour the layers is by using the Polygon lasoo tool to select an area, and then block filling that area.
Hope that helps :) .

I'll give it a shot. Lol, your tips are making me realize how much I don't know about photoshop. It has so much crap XP. I should really go through one of those tutorials. Thanks for the help also.

Thank you Fhgadwa...you....and Umojar....and Lonelykimiko.

Journia said:
Thank you Fhgadwa...you....and Umojar....and Lonelykimiko.

Lol, it's called copy and paste you lazy bum! XD

And your welcome. :cool:

Now this is great! Ibuki is fairly OK to play as I think. I don't get to play the SFIII series often, though I keep hearing Elena is one of the weaker characters.

Umojar said:
Lol, it's called copy and paste you lazy bum! XD

And your welcome. :cool:
Not lazy...just had to duck out because of lighting storm.

Journia said:
Not lazy...just had to duck out because of lighting storm.
Damn, seriously? Where do you live? It's hot as fuck out here.

This is why I appreciate living in Cali. It may get hot as hell by day, but no storms.

Umojar said:
Meh, I'll just take the thumbs up. That must be good. :cyclopes:
Sure it is.
Got doubts? ;)

I'm checking your stuff almost religiously.
You're treading a thin path between all-out manga and western toon.
Plus you're employing a lot of techniques that I've never used, and yet they make sense to me, and I'd love to test them out.

Is that better than the mundane thumbs, now? :D

Last edited:
*Approves*

Kalamos said:
Sure it is.
Got doubts? ;)

Not really. Just trying to sound modest. :cool:

Kalamos said:
I'm checking your stuff almost religiously.
You're treading a thin path between all-out manga and western toon.
Plus you're employing a lot of techniques that I've never used, and yet they make sense to me, and I'd love to test them out.

Is that better than the mundane thumbs, now? :D

Why, yes it is! Lol I hope you don't think I was trying to milk you for a compliment or anything. I was just messing with ya. It gets slow around here...

That's true what you said also. I noticed whenever I draw manga, mine looks different from the traditional style. I think it's because I usually avoid the common elements like the really big eyes and overused exaggerated expressions. Then again it could also be because I don't read manga very much (I don't read much period) so it doesn't influence me as much.

Either way I'm glad you pointed that out. It's funny though, I rarely receive as much feedback and insight from anywhere up until here.

Aw, dammit, I'm rambling again... anyway, off to part II of that comic.

Umojar said:
Not really. Just trying to sound modest. :cool:
Good for ya.
I'm full of doubts. ;)

I hope you don't think I was trying to milk you for a compliment or anything.
Why not milk me for compliments?
I would shamelessly do the same. I actually do.

I was just messing with ya. It gets slow around here...
You tell me...

That's true what you said also. I noticed whenever I draw manga, mine looks different from the traditional style. I think it's because I usually avoid the common elements like the really big eyes and overused exaggerated expressions.
I think because you can *actually* draw. ;)

Either way I'm glad you pointed that out. It's funny though, I rarely receive as much feedback and insight from anywhere up until here.
Well, dunno about the others.
I tend to take pictures apart so I can learn new tricks.
I compare what I can do to what other people do, and try and find new ways to draw stuff.

:)

Kalamos said:
Why not milk me for compliments?
I would shamelessly do the same. I actually do.

Because, I told you, I have to keep up the modest thing. XD

Kalamos said:
I think because you can *actually* draw. ;)

Wow, I think I sensed an anti-anime tone in that one. You should be careful if you don't want to have your legs chewed off by fangirls/boys.

Actually, I do the same thing too when it comes to comparing my art with others and looking at other ways to do things. It seems like the things I like seem to stick in my head without me realizing it most of the time. It's not til I finish it that I think, "Hey, that kind of looks like that other thing I was looking at." But it seems like it's subconscious... very weird.

Umojar said:
Wow, I think I sensed an anti-anime tone in that one. You should be careful if you don't want to have your legs chewed off by fangirls/boys.
It's quite well-known a fact I am anime-skeptical.
That's why, when I compliment on a pic, people know I'm being sincere. ;)

Kalamos said:
It's quite well-known a fact I am anime-skeptical.
That's why, when I compliment on a pic, people know I'm being sincere. ;)
I can understand that, especially with a lot of anime fan art I see (not just here). It's always crap unless they have a pretty good handle on anatomy, which very few of them seem to have. I know I'm bothered more by anatomical mistakes than anything, and I can spot them before anything else, but with anime those issues stick out even more, since anime/manga characters in general don't deviate much from average human proportions.

Umojar said:
I can understand that, especially with a lot of anime fan art I see (not just here). It's always crap unless they have a pretty good handle on anatomy, which very few of them seem to have.
I rarely call anybody's art crap, out fear somebody might come back at mine.
Stones and stick can't break my plates, but words can shatter my ego.

:D

I know I'm bothered more by anatomical mistakes than anything, and I can spot them before anything else, but with anime those issues stick out even more, since anime/manga characters in general don't deviate much from average human proportions.
Actually, what bothers me is single-minded love for something so culturally different from american and european animation.
Mind you: I'm a "fan" of mekas, and I've seen my share of meka-related animes; but the cultural differences were quite glaring to me.

Since I'm european, I feel few strong cultural ties to my land; it's just too diverse to love it the way an american citizen might love USA.
We don't even have a well known anthem!
That's why it feels weird to me that american people could embrace japanese manga and anime with such a commitment.

Do I make any sense? :)

Kalamos said:
I rarely call anybody's art crap, out fear somebody might come back at mine.
Stones and stick can't break my plates, but words can shatter my ego.

:D

Honestly, if I don't like something, I won't comment at all. Unless they ask for advice. Even then I won't be rude and tell them what I see that's wrong with it. Calling it crap is a bit harsh, but there's too much of it.

Kalamos said:
Actually, what bothers me is single-minded love for something so culturally different from american and european animation.
Mind you: I'm a "fan" of mekas, and I've seen my share of meka-related animes; but the cultural differences were quite glaring to me.

Since I'm european, I feel few strong cultural ties to my land; it's just too diverse to love it the way an american citizen might love USA.
We don't even have a well known anthem!
That's why it feels weird to me that american people could embrace japanese manga and anime with such a commitment.

Do I make any sense? :)

It makes perfect sense. I see it around here all the time. It confuses the hell out of me just as much. I like anime and all, but I could never go as far as some people do. People devote all this time and money and will even go as far as trying to learn the language. The more disturbing thing is that many think that Japan is all about anime, manga, and pocky, and they don't realize that it's only one small aspect of the culture. Some do, but most don't.

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back