• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Immortality...or not?

Yet_One_More_Idiot

2nd Level Orange Feather
Time for a deep, philosophical discussion thread...possibly. :p

If you had the choice of living, maybe not forever, but definitely for far longer than what is currently considered an average lifespan, would you want to?

As technology progesses at an exponential rate, the increases in the average human lifespan will eventually be greater than the rate at which people are growing older. It's not that implausible to believe that such a rate of progress may happen within our lifetime - in which case, longevity would go off the scale.

Personally, I want to live forever - or die in the attempt. :cool: I'm hoping at some point that I can place a bet that I'll live to 1,000 y/o.

I would definitely opt to live as long as possible. There are so many things that I want to learn and to do that could never be accomplished in an average lifetime.

I don't know...I already feel like a relic of a bygone era. If I stuck around another hundred years or so, I'd be such a misfit in a world gone mad that I'd probably wind up living a hermit's existence in the mountains somewhere.
On the other hand, I would like to outlast all those who are waiting to chuckle over my obituary.

i would not want to live forever.

A. if anything, just keep my youth and just live for 100 years.

B. it would suck to live forever if your poor or paralyzed, or stuff like that that gives you a sh*tty deal.

C. the world's overpopulation is bad enough, why make it 100 times worse?

thats a good point....But! I guess there could be a law for the number of kids a family can have....and if we have the technology to increase life-span, than we must have the ability to move to other planets....

So, if all of the above exist, then I would like to live 4 a longer time; not forever, because then we could never have kids again...or, get so overpopulated, we would end up killing oneanother. a 1000 year life-span sounds great, though. :happy:

and as for the poor and handicapt... the handicapt might have some sort of cure, (again, if its possible to increase life span, then I'm sure there is a cure for that too), and the poor would probably find jobs very easily, if there are people on other planets!

To get an agreement from Koopa is an honor.:)He usually likes to change some things.(refering to Godmodding thread):happy:

I would not want to live forever. Keep me at the normal life span.

I'm a very emotional person, and am very connected to the people who are in my life. this question makes me think of the video by Paula Cole, "I Don't Wanna Wait".

In the video, she plays a person who is immortal, and throughout the video, she has to watch the lovers she lives with get old and die, as she stays young.

I can't imagine spending your life of 1000+ years, watching the people you love die, to get new friends and family, to watch them die, and get more friends and family, and watch them die, over and over.

Yeah, but if you can live to that age, Cellard, then so can everyone else (theoretically at least...)

speak for yourself, i already plan on living forever

As long as nobody gets wise to my unaged look and i maintain the look of my best years, i'll take it

koopacooper said:
Yeah, but if you can live to that age, Cellard, then so can everyone else (theoretically at least...)

precisely :happy:

I don't want to live forever either but I do want to live as long as I possibly can just so long as I have my health, a sound body and a sound mind. God has promised us everlasting life when we die and enter the Kingdom of Heaven and I am sure that will be better than even the best and longest lasting life here on Earth and that's something I truely believe.

I'm only 29, and I already hate what the world has turned into. I would be loathe to be immortal and be forced to sit around to see it denigrate to even a more pitiful condition than it has.

I personally feel that we need a nice quiet biblical flood to wipe us off the face of the earth altogether. We've had our chance on this mudball and we blew it. Time for nature to step in and take it's course.

Perhapse a million years from now, we will see a better race that actually knows how to moderate.

John D. Schmidt said:
I don't want to live forever either but I do want to live as long as I possibly can just so long as I have my health, a sound body and a sound mind. God has promised us everlasting life when we die and enter the Kingdom of Heaven and I am sure that will be better than even the best and longest lasting life here on Earth and that's something I truely believe.

Works for you and anyone else who believes in God. I don't, so it doesn't work for me.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back