• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Inquiry for some of you more cyber-inclined,..

PiedPiper

4th Level Red Feather
---In the space of 30 hours last week, I had my computer invaded by something called the istart123 browser hijack virus,... and was able to get a skilled buddy in to flush the fucking thing out of the system. All's well, but I'm only relieved - not happy. Googling the virus by name turns up pages upon pages of how to rid yourself of it. But nothing about where it originated,.. possible penalties for the perpetrators,.. legal shades of gray,.. etc. Surely we found this person and summarily executed them on the spot, I hoped,..... but nothing cropped up except fix-it remedies. I was hoping for just desserts.

---Anyone know anything about this thing? Thanks.

---In the space of 30 hours last week, I had my computer invaded by something called the istart123 browser hijack virus,... and was able to get a skilled buddy in to flush the fucking thing out of the system. All's well, but I'm only relieved - not happy. Googling the virus by name turns up pages upon pages of how to rid yourself of it. But nothing about where it originated,.. possible penalties for the perpetrators,.. legal shades of gray,.. etc. Surely we found this person and summarily executed them on the spot, I hoped,..... but nothing cropped up except fix-it remedies. I was hoping for just desserts.

---Anyone know anything about this thing? Thanks.

This is all I could find. It explains how people can get it.
http://www.malwareremovalguides.info/remove-istart123-com-browser-hijacker-free-removal-guide/

today's nebbish picked on in gym class = tomorow's hacker virus from hell

Thanks, Zod, for the added detective work. I'd seen pretty much all the removal guides,.... so now you see the problem: No other info out there,..... Christ, the goddamned thing might even be not technically illegal. I never hear about any of these guys being apprehended and, when I complained about that to my friend he said, "Oh, if they caught him, they probably hired him."

And C.A.B.,... I hear ya. But I think this nebbish was getting picked on in a non-English speaking country, as well. Certain syntactical quirks in the display workings of the virus pretty much confirm that. I hear those rooskies are pretty good at this stuff.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back