• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Irrational fears....

Dussicar

2nd Level Green Feather
Everybody has at least one irrational fear. This is mine:

I wake up. I shower, shave, and generally get ready for work. I go out to my car, hop in and begin to drive. While I'm barreling down the road, I decide to turn on the radio to listen to some music. Instead, I get a news bulletin: "Ladies and gentlemen. It has been confirmed...The bodies of the recently deceased are returning to life...And are attacking the living."

Needless to say, the remake of Dawn of the Dead didn't help this problem one damn bit.

So, this is my stupid fear. What scares the living bejesus out of you, that you know isn't going to ever happen, but puts you in the grip of stupid,retarded anxiety over nothing?

So you're saying your fear is that you live a complacent life thats zombie-like or that you literally believed for a moment that you would become a zombie? Theres a difference, and one of them is isn't very irrational at all.

My most irrational fear is that someone might steal my bass guitar and I would be forced to thrash them

I was saving that for last, but that would be irrational, but only if it consumed you to the point where it leads to paranoia.

Phobias are an almost different matter altogether.

In an abnormal psych class I took many years ago, the professor defined a "phobia" as an irrational fear severe enough to interfere with daily living, such as a fear of cats that is intense enough to cause a person to stay at home or to have a panic attack upon seeing a cat.

The most commonly listed irrational fears of the general population include fear of snakes, public speaking, and death, with more people being afraid of public speaking than of death, lol. (I happen to enjoy public speaking :) )

There is a wasp nest between my window and storm window right above my bed. Every day it is sunny the space in between the two panes of glass heat up and they think it's Spring and come out. I sit there all day watching the window making sure they don't find a way in. When the blinds are down they make these huge wasp sillouhettes on the blinds....
I hate wasps...

MistressValerie said:
In an abnormal psych class I took many years ago, the professor defined a "phobia" as an irrational fear severe enough to interfere with daily living, such as a fear of cats that is intense enough to cause a person to stay at home or to have a panic attack upon seeing a cat.

The most commonly listed irrational fears of the general population include fear of snakes, public speaking, and death, with more people being afraid of public speaking than of death, lol. (I happen to enjoy public speaking :) )

Yeah, I know, but since this was a fluke that he turned on the radio and heard that there may be a difference. If he's literally afraid of the undead under what would be normal circumstances and not chance like in his car then its definitely a phobia.

And if thats what this thread boils down to, I used to be afraid of heights, but not anymore. I really don't know why I was, probably a fear that I'd fall I guess. But like I'm saying, how is that irrational? No one wants to fall and hurt themselves.

Unless of course they're a sadist.

Last edited:
The most commonly listed irrational fears of the general population include fear of snakes,

That's something I never had bother me. I love snakes. :D Spiders I can handle as long as they're not in my house and they don't try to touch me. :p

I'm not really bothered by snakes either, which is fortunate, since Guam is literally crawling with them. Once a snake got into the house, but I just trapped it in the bristles of a broom and managed to push it outdoors, unharmed.

Lets see....damn this is really hard trying to find something I'm truely, absolutely irrationally afraid of... I can name things anyone would be afraid of, but something specific is hard to imagine.

Is it possible to not have any phobias at all?

I have to disagree with the OP there. I think everyone has fears of some sort but I dont think everyone has a truly paralysing irrational fear of something. I went through a period last year where I suffered massive anxiety and I doubt very much that everyone has something that puts them into that state.

It wasn't my opinion, it was just a question. I'm literally having a hard time finding something I'm truely afraid of in the conventional sense. I'm not trying to be macho or anything, because I'm sure theres something I'm afraid of, but maybe I'm just not aware I'm afraid of it yet.

For example, wouldn't an irrational fear stick with you longer than a general fear would?

Wow. I think the next time I need serious psychological therapy(which sould be any minute, now), instead of blowing money on a shrink, I'll just come here. LOL.

The irrational fear as I was trying to define, was basically just some weird fear that you had. I think I made a mistake in my first post by saying that it was something that grips a person all of the time. What I meant was something that is more neurotic than any thing else. My fear, of course, could never happen. But, late at night, when a dog barks a long time, I think: "He could be barking at nothing...OR HE COULD BE BARKING AT THE LIVING DEAD!" It comes to the mind, only for silly reasons.
Like, when I bought the "zombie survival guide." I knew it was just humor. But there was always this teeny voice in the back of my head saying "just in case."

dussicar said:

I wake up. I shower, shave, and generally get ready for work. I go out to my car, hop in and begin to drive. While I'm barreling down the road, I decide to turn on the radio to listen to some music. Instead, I get a news bulletin: "Ladies and gentlemen. It has been confirmed...The bodies of the recently deceased are returning to life...And are attacking the living."

Needless to say, the remake of Dawn of the Dead didn't help this problem one damn bit.

So, this is my stupid fear. What scares the living bejesus out of you, that you know isn't going to ever happen, but puts you in the grip of stupid,retarded anxiety over nothing?

Zombies!!!!!!!!!!! :D that would be a cool fear. hand me a double barrel shot gun and a nice sharp axe and i'll do some zombie slaying

Last edited:
Vladislaus Dracula said:
It wasn't my opinion, it was just a question. I'm literally having a hard time finding something I'm truely afraid of in the conventional sense. I'm not trying to be macho or anything, because I'm sure theres something I'm afraid of, but maybe I'm just not aware I'm afraid of it yet.

For example, wouldn't an irrational fear stick with you longer than a general fear would?

hmmm let's see

your body getting cut up in little tiny pieces (while your still alive)

you getting deeped into hot steaming acid while your still alive

your teeth getting removed one by one with pilers

your body getting jammed through a big bloody meat hook while your body is cut and hacked up with a razor blade while blood slowly drips down your body

you wouldn't be scared of thoses things and have a fear of thoses things? because i know you would

Last edited:
I'm not Vlad, but I would have a hard time fearing things like what you listed. The chances of any of those coming to pass is virtually nil.

HisDivineShadow said:
I'm not Vlad, but I would have a hard time fearing things like what you listed. The chances of any of those coming to pass is virtually nil.

I'm not saying they ever would happen. I never said that. But trust me the mind is evil and sin ful. God knows the heart and mind of all man kind. We don't and NEVER will

i can relate to the zombie thing.....right after seeing, though now I see it more as a comedy, "Return of the Living Dead" my house burnt down, and we moved to an apartment while the new house was being built, and it was right across the street from a graveyard. I lived those months in great fear. I was like 11....but, was afraid to sleep without my Donald Duck nite lite....so, as a young age, I feared zombies...now, it does not bother me, not even remotly...

Spiders....oh man, I hate those hairy bastards...so, I guess I fear spiders..

My biggest fear, is not of an object...it is being alone...I don't mean, I always need to be around people, because sometimes I just wanna' be by myself, and not around anyone...when I say alone, it is to spend the rest of my days single, and not have someone to talk to..I mean, yeah anyone can hook up and get laid, but I am meaning a relationship with someone. That is my biggest fear, that and failure.
Curr

NEXT TO A GRAVEYARD??? My god! That would of frozen my heart in my chest!

Yes, I have to agree with the lonliness aspect. It's just scary and always will be for anyone who truly thinks about it. Myself included.

nessonite said:
There is a wasp nest between my window and storm window right above my bed. Every day it is sunny the space in between the two panes of glass heat up and they think it's Spring and come out. I sit there all day watching the window making sure they don't find a way in. When the blinds are down they make these huge wasp sillouhettes on the blinds....I hate wasps...

I can relate, I hate/fear any flying-stinging insects......bees, hornets, wasps..

I just can't deal with them.

Rottinglies, you're not understanding my point. The things you listed are things ANYONE would be afraid of because they cause physical harm and nobody wants physical harm done to them or to be put in a dangerous situation where physical harm is guranteed and not merely a chance or dare you're taking (like a Daredevil).

Like HDS said right after you, the chances of such things happening are next to nil, so they aren't on the mind as an everyday thought, they're out of sight, out of mind, and they aren't fears per say because the chances of the things you mentioned happening are a long shot therefore we don't think about them or stress over them in the least bit. Someone would have to intentionally do those things to you against your will. And anyone would be afraid of that. And I really wouldn't have thought about those things until you mentioned them. And since those would-be fears are coming from another person as opposed to my own mind they're not my fears but general fears.

You're giving hypothetical situations which are very unlikely to ever happen to anyone and guranteed to never to happen to some. So alot of people wouldn't worry about them, and what people don't worry about, people don't fear, at least not consciously.

This thread is about personal, perhaps irrational fears, not given fears thay anyone could be subjected to under any likelyhood of a circumstantual event.

What you are unaware of and what is not happening to you is nothing to be afraid of. Mere mention of something that would be scary doesn't make it a fear until it happens to you. If it does, and its on your mind as a fear that it will happen and so you're extra cautious or something, thats irrational fear and we're talking about here, sort of.

Last edited:
dussicar said:

When there's no more room in hell,
the dead will walk the earth!

I actually had a weird zombie dream some weeks ago, actually the night before I decided to see dawn of the dead on pay per view. Everybody in the entire damn world was turning into freakish, pale zombies with a taste for flesh. The whole thing was a big blur, but the ending was vivid. I saw the 2 little kids next door, in their back yard, dead as all hell, but trying to climb the fence to get to me. It was pretty depressing, seeing those innocent little kids not even past.....5-6, both of them, turned into ravenous, flesh-eating zombies. :p It's not so much as I was afraid though, as much as it was sad seeing those poor kids at the end of my dream.

cellardweller said:
I can relate, I hate/fear any flying-stinging insects......bees, hornets, wasps..

I just can't deal with them.
What about scorpions? They don't fly, but they sting...and their sting is almost the most painful. I've been stung by one at age 7, so I can relate to this fear...

you want to alk fears, well the hollywood brother got a ton ofhtem. the worse is growing old, and dying alone.

What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back