• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

is there a worse feeling than being ignored?

SadCuzNotTcklsh

2nd Level Red Feather
I mean just say yes or no, or anything to not leave the person hanging. Right?
Why treat them like they don't matter? :(

Oh geez. I wish the humanity didn't have bigger problems than "being ignored"... also, we don't even know what's the deal. Someone doesn't want to date you? To blow you? Didn't get a call back after a job interview? But I think you're just overreacting. Heavily.

Oh geez. I wish the humanity didn't have bigger problems than "being ignored"... also, we don't even know what's the deal. Someone doesn't want to date you? To blow you? Didn't get a call back after a job interview? But I think you're just overreacting. Heavily.

Thanks. I now regret making this thread.

Are you talking about online or in person? I've had people ignore me when I talk to them. Sometimes it's because they don't hear me or they're concentrating on too many things at once, but other times... it can be an aggressive form of disrespect to simply not respond to someone who's talking to you. A sign of contempt. Hope that's not what you're going through.

rather than taking your question literally and responding with a flippant remark, I'll try to share some thoughts!

(rdhd's response did make me chuckle though - just imagine if nobody had responded to your thread?! It's enough to make you weep!)

It certainly can be an awful feeling when you are ignored, obviously not the worst thing that could happen to someone or the worst feeling that exists in the world, but in the context of all the feelings a person has felt in their lifetime, it could conceivably be the worst feeling they've experienced to date and, at the time that they are experiencing it, it can feel like the worst feeling in the world.

I guess there are many reasons for ignoring someone - sometimes it's justified and is used as a tool to get a point across, other times it's not justified, but still not necessarily intentional or deliberately nasty either - it can happen as a result of the other persons cowardice, shallowness, indecision, selfishness, lack of awareness, lack of compassion, fluctuating prioroties etc - the list is endless really.
But it can certainly leave the other person hurt, self-doubting, confused, sad, lonely etc - again, the list is endless.

Sometimes mutual ignoring between two people can strengthen the relationship and provide thinking space - 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'.
Other times if someone's ignoring you it can be a sign that you're actually better off with them ignoring you.

When I was growing up, constantly arguing with my Sister, I was always told to ignore her when she was winding me up - it's fair to say it would usually work to an extent, winding her up far more effectively than retaliating, so probably a crappy feeling for her, but didn't provide me with any real outlet for my feelings. A one-way argument is not an argument.

That's a very different type of ignoring to that of someone who blatantly ignores someone, particularly in front of others - for example a group of people sitting around together discussing what to do at the weekend...one person comes up with an idea and asks everyone if they're free...except for one person.

I was at badminton training on Friday, mid conversation with someone and as soon as a court became free to play on, the person I was speaking to just broke off and started arranging a game - I wasn't excluded/ignored in terms of the game itself, but the subject I was talking about was sudddenly ignored in favour of this other distraction - I was a bit put-out, but I have a feeling I'm inclined to do the same to others sometimes.

Generally, I think ignoring people - decent people, with genuine decent behaviour - is not a good quality, but there are times when it can certainly be justfied

Cheers
TTG

Made me curious to hear exactly how Justin Beiber deals with too much attention and haters on a 24/7 basis... maybe being ignored from time to time would be a luxury.

A hurt ego can be tricky at times...

I would rather be dead than completely ignored, now by this I mean ignored by everyone which I doubt would ever happen, but still...being ignored is an awful feeling, this is because that means you are not worth the time of day to that person, which to me is pretty harsh and sad. Usually if it's just one person it's not too bad, but if lots of people ignore you it can be incredibly draining.

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back