• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

James brown is dead

Rest in Peace James Brown. He was a legend, an activist and his music transcends cultural boundaries. He will live on through his music.

I don't know James Brown, but it's sad to know that he died so soon. And so, may he rest in peace. *Prayed*

I cannot claim to know this man at all. I really only recogonize his name, but know next to nothing about him.

Regardless of that fact, its a shame, and I hope his friends and family get through the grieving process ok.

No. I don't think watching it would help any. In a way, its better for me to be ignorant of him. That way, I won't get emotionally attached.

although i am not very familiar with all of his music, the hollywood brother knows that this is a big loss but the hollywood brother wants to remind people that if they want to see james perform than check out the classic hollywood blockbuster rocky iv. James performs most excellent in the movie according to the hollywood brother

Indeed, watched that film this very morning Hollywood!

Here's a very quick joke to mark his passing:

Q: How do you get to Heaven if you're James Brown?

A: Get up-a, get on up...get up-a, get on up...

RIP old chap. Sadly missed.

An arrogant, drug-abusing woman beater who's the first to give himself credit for pioneering almost every style of music except country [which is good, because that's not really music]. There's no denying his success and popularity and multitudes credit him as an influence. I've never been one to separate the talent from the day-to-day life, so his music is okay, but there wasn't a decade of his career that he wasn't in trouble with the law for being a repeat offender of dispicable acts. Giving a guy a second chance is great. Giving him a third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh is an insult and to shower him with money in spite of it is ridiculous. Yes, he did speak out against violence in schools after Columbine. Very good. Then he turned around and beat his wife again.

Great entertainer, lousy human being. I hope he got straight with God.

LOL nerrand, you just described nearly every rock n roll artist ;)

In the end, he was human. I wouldn't call him "lousy" personally, because he has done some good. I think it's good form to remember a person for the good he has done, especially after he has passed. Nobody denies his history; which is pretty public and well known...

Anyway...

LOL sorry I overlooked the link, just took a quick look. The music really isn't my cup of tea, and I couldn't sit past the intro. Is there any significance to the song? Judging by the comments this song came out a while back...

Last edited:
Actually, I confused his name with someone else. I do know who James Brown is.

LOL nerrand, you just described nearly every rock n roll artist ;)

In the end, he was human. I wouldn't call him "lousy" personally, because he has done some good. I think it's good form to remember a person for the good he has done, especially after he has passed. Nobody denies his history; which is pretty public and well known...

I suppose that does cover alot of ground, huh?

Maybe lousy is a tough word. I just take exception when someone has the power to command the eyes of the world and they make one poor judgement after another.

If I had the pull in the real world the way I do here at TT with everyone watching, waiting for me, and hanging on every word, I'd be more responsible with it. I think it's pretty obvious that most every type of forum or chat room is somehow a spinoff of my creations online. Look at every website and you'll see my influence. I'm the Ace of Cyberspace. The Wizard of Web. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go beat my wife and get to the bank before it closes or they won't let me take delivery on my yacht.

I suppose that does cover alot of ground, huh?

Maybe lousy is a tough word. I just take exception when someone has the power to command the eyes of the world and they make one poor judgement after another.

If I had the pull in the real world the way I do here at TT with everyone watching, waiting for me, and hanging on every word, I'd be more responsible with it. I think it's pretty obvious that most every type of forum or chat room is somehow a spinoff of my creations online. Look at every website and you'll see my influence. I'm the Ace of Cyberspace. The Wizard of Web. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go beat my wife and get to the bank before it closes or they won't let me take delivery on my yacht.

Santa left a lump of cole in your stocking, didn't he? :p

To get back to the topic at hand, I think it's kinda weird that James Brown is well known for probably his last biggest stint and that was singing before the final fight in Rocky IV. Funny thing is, in the movie that fight took place on Christmas Day. The same day James Brown passed away.

LOL well aren't we feelin' our cheerios :p

On a serious note, Nerrand, I get where you're comin' from; and this is exactly why I do not consider celebirtyhood to be of any importance to me. Artists/Actors are just like the rest of us; and sure they get overly praised and criticized but I just don't deal with it in that manner. James Brown was a man of exceptional talent that happened to be born at the right time, allowing him to exploit his gifts to benefit himself and a whole lot of people.

Again, I don't disagree with your point; however I just found that particular post to be poor form. But that's my personal opinion of the post; I saw it as speaking ill of a person who just died not too long ago, in a thread where everybody is wishing him and his family well.

Interesting Laugh704, I hadn't made that connection. We should start a list of celebs who died serendipitous deaths :p

Last edited:
LOL well aren't we feelin' our cheerios :p

On a serious note, Nerrand, I get where you're comin' from; and this is exactly why I do not consider celebirtyhood to be of any importance to me. Artists/Actors are just like the rest of us; and sure they get overly praised and criticized but I just don't deal with it in that manner. James Brown was a man of exceptional talent that happened to be born at the right time, allowing him to exploit his gifts to benefit himself and a whole lot of people.

Again, I don't disagree with your point; however I just found that particular post to be poor form. But that's my personal opinion of the post; I saw it as speaking ill of a person who just died not too long ago, in a thread where everybody is wishing him and his family well.

Interesting Laugh704, I hadn't made that connection. We should start a list of celebs who died serendipitous deaths :p

I hear you. I just take the celebrity out of it. I think it's sad for anyone's family to lose someone. But dying doesn't rewrite their history. I looked all over the forum, but didn't see any posts for Timothy McVeigh's family.

I guess I don't consider stating the facts "speaking ill of the dead". And I'll be the first to say that the man is of legendary status and totally inspired generations of music. He's the ultimate performer.

Good actor, too. Remember that scene in Rocky IV where he sang Living In America and then climbed in the ring and challenged Adrian to a match?

[Sorry. Couldn't resist.]

lol I honestly don't remember that scene :p

It's been years since I last watched a Rocky flick. There's going to be a rocky marathon on TV, to hype up the new Rocky movie; that series really inspired me to start takin' care of my body. I can't wait to see the new movie.

It's funny how when you look at Sly, you automatically see him as a Boxer, instead of an actor :p well I do anyway. The Irony is that if any actor is a real boxer, its Mickey Rourke of Barfly fame, but when I look at him I see a barfly :p

I learned about James Brown via the VH1 channel. That channel introduced me to a lot of oldies from The Beatles, to Eric Clapton to Jimi Hendrix. Although I found the costumes and hair-styles to be questionable lol the music back in those days was somethin' else. They don't make em like they used to...

What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back