• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Just a sad rant

gypsyhanna

TMF Novice
Ever talk to someone on here and feel like they are really kind and compassionate, and get your hopes up even though you know you shouldn't? It's the internet, and we all know people deceive, but sometimes you really need to talk to someone, I mean really, really need someone to give a damn. Then you find out they sent you a fake photo. Which of course means everything else is fake. Again, not surprised, just saddened and the timing of this really sucked.

Just a message to anyone out there who practices this kind of thing...it does affect people. Those who hang out on chatrooms are there for a reason, and you don't know their story, or what's going on in their life. You don't know why someone is willing to spend their whole evening with you. Maybe they aren't "stupid," or gullible...maybe they are intelligent people who needed someone badly enough to trust just ONE person that they wouldn't normally trust. I totally blame myself for letting it happen, I am not some teenager who has an excuse for believing BS fed to me by online folks. I most certainly know better. I'm just telling these people to THINK about it next time they play this game, because you do NOT know what someone is going through on the other end of that connection.

It's their loss. I probably would have talked to them anyway, even if they had told me who they really were, and even if their appearance wasn't as appealing as what they showed me. The lying was so unnecessary.

I already regret coming back to this forum.

In case people are wondering, this is why there aren't many women on here. We leave.

I can feel your pain. But don't let some ass wipe ruin your experience on this forum. You know there are a lot of REAL geniune people on this forum as well. Like in "reality world" there will be people who deceive, even when they are not behind some computer screen.

Sorry you had such a bad experience, but don't let it make you leave this place. This fourm is for all of us with a common link (tickling obviously) to get to talk to one another. If you can, you should attend a gathering and meet people in a social setting as well. That way you see them close up, put a face to the screen names that you see. One of my greatest experiences from this forum is attending some gatherings put together by forum members DVNC and Bellystrokes. You can really build some good comraderie with people and I always look forward to seeing them.

So, keep your head up and continue to enjoy this place. Don't let one screwball get you down. There are so many people you can interact/maybe meet one day that are real. I hope this helps...

Pretty much what Prime said.

The internet's a great place to meet people, but it has its assholes, just like the real world.

I already regret coming back to this forum.

In case people are wondering, this is why there aren't many women on here. We leave.

True.

First, let me say I'm sorry this happened to you. Dishonest people have been around since the beginning of time, and the internet has only made it easier for people to get away with it. That said, I very much agree with Primetime's advice...hit a few gatherings. It is Much easier to discover who people really are, and it's comforting to have other members of the community around you, who can give you an idea of how trustworthy others are. You can make friends and have people to talk to, if you really need them. I've made some incredible friendships on this forum, once I went offline and attended gatherings, and met folks in person. That's not to say someone can't be dishonest about themselves in person, but checking them out face-to-face (in a safe environment like a gathering) allows you greater visibility into the kind of person they really are.

I hope you stay...we do need more ladies around here. And thank you for highlighting this situation. There seem to be more and more fake profiles littering this place every week (both male and female, though I seem to see more fake 'women' profiles around here all the time). :twohugs:

My personal feeling for whatever it's worth, is that if I really need someone to hear me out, the last place I will go is to the Internet. Go to your BFF, your mom, or somebody in the real world that cares about you and not as a potential playmate.

My personal feeling for whatever it's worth, is that if I really need someone to hear me out, the last place I will go is to the Internet. Go to your BFF, your mom, or somebody in the real world that cares about you and not as a potential playmate.

Unfortunately, not everyone has this option.

I have never understood the fake profiles/pictures phenomenon that seems to be abundant. I know several times Ive been getting to know someone, only to find out they are not what they claim to be. Maybe it is a self esteem issue? Who knows. I am sorry to hear about this happening to you.

I have never understood the fake profiles/pictures phenomenon that seems to be abundant. I know several times Ive been getting to know someone, only to find out they are not what they claim to be. Maybe it is a self esteem issue? Who knows. I am sorry to hear about this happening to you.

Well, I'm no psychology major, but it's probably a lot simpler than that.

Take all of the fake women, for example. There's only one real reason why someone would want to pretend to be a woman. You're either a little bi-curious, and you want to get hot and heavy with straight guys, or you're after bisexual/lesbian women. Either way, they just want some free cyber action that doesn't require the whole 'getting to know them' part.

The weird part is, I've seen a lot less faking in terms of men pretending to be hotter men, as opposed to men pretending to be women. That's just... creepy.

I wanted to wait to see the replies before I responded to this.

Mods, I hope I'm not overstepping here, because I'm obviously not going to post the person's name who this happened with, but.. the people who know me, know the situation I'm referring to.

Unfortunately, gypsyhanna, I completely understand about what happened to you, because, the same thing happened to me, only.. I let it go on for far too long. I'm a guy, and this happened with someone who told me they were a girl. The end result was that the person in question, who sent me photos, and took up so much of my time, ended up dropping out on me after my mom was diagnosed with cancer. This person painted me pretty pictures of themselves (figuaratively), and our potential lives together. This person told me their father died of cancer. When my mom was diagnosed, I poured my heart out to this person, and they said they would emotionally support me through my ordeal. That didnt happen, as they stopped talking to me suddenly, a month after my mom took sick. It was extremely disheartening.

While I understand your position, my view is different. I visit this forum not to seek partnerships, but rather... to talk to friends, about general issues, and tickling.

I'm very sorry this happened to you. I hope that you will find what you seek with someone who is honest about themselves.

Last edited:
It's the internet. Common sense says use caution and don't get your hopes up - things aren't always as they seem.

It's a little sad because we come here to discuss, enjoy, make friends, with others who share a passion for tickling.
The fake people, be it guys pretending to be girls or people having fake photos make it a redundant fail.

I agree with Myth, go to a gatheirng or munch. I went to one in Ohio in Nov and it was a blast, got to put names with faces, meet people I've talked to online for years, and meet some crazy cool new friends.

I'm finding that people's personalities online can be very different then their personality IRL.
For instance, I sent a PM to someone a few years ago, a simple hello and how are you doing. The response was hilarilous!
Basically it said, "you're a loser, trying to get off on talking to me, you'll never find anyone to meet for tickling, F$%K off and die"
Then I met this person at a gathering this year, I'm sure they didn't remember the PM. But this person was soooo shy and introverted, looked like they couldn't be mean to anyone, kind of made me laugh. But was this due to people giving them crap and harrassing messages?? Prolly!
So yes it's tough for the ladies here, I'm sure way tougher then for the guys, but guys have it tough too. Mostly beacuse of the dumb asses that harass you or lie to you or pretend to be your friend.

Now the scary part of talking online. I've had 2 people contact me recently wanting to get together for tickles. 1 person gave me their email. I checked it out on facebook and they were not only male instead of female but only 16 years old. NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I informed a mod here and I think they were banned. 1 week later they were back on here with another name and pm'd me the same message. SCARY!!!!!!!!!!! The second person was not a person at all. A made up name with a made up persona. Well, a guy pretending to be a girl, with photos and all. The catch was one of the photos was a photo I actually took of a model I worked with. Too funny!!!

So it's a little sad but as most have stated here, every group has their cool peeps and their assholes. The tough part is swimming thru the sea of asshole to get to the island of cool people.

I hope you don't leave and that you enjoy the wonderful things about the TMF.
Go to a gathering and you'll connect with good folk!!!

Thanks everyone for your helpful and kind words. Everything you've said is spot on. I think what ticked me off most was my own response, I never fall for this crap and I should have known better.

Actually I've never been to a gathering, but you're very right...I would have a much better sense of a person's honesty that way. Not to mention have a friggen blast. Going and having a gathering with other ticklephiles kind of sounds like heaven to me. You know what, that might just have to be my next vacation plan ;)

And I just have to say Mitchell I am so sorry that you were treated that way. I was a reader on this forum long before I was ever actively involved, and I have to say that you come across as one of the most stand-up fellows on here. You're the last person who deserved to be treated like that.

Overall, thank you. Common sense does say it's the internet and use your head, and I faltered, but I won't let it keep me away from you wonderful folks.

hanna, thank you for your support about how I was treated, and for saying I'm a "Stand up fellow", as you say. I try to be.

You mentioned being disappointed with your own response to the situation that happened to you. I can say that I completely understand that, but, much like what happened to me with my situation, it sounds like you realize the situation for what it was, and it will make you be more careful. If an unfortunate situation happens, and you can learn from it, much as we have, then it does serve to be productive even if somewhat painful at first.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back