• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Key points in Life

devilsadvocate

TMF Regular
Hi all. i was just watching a video showing how things have changed in the past 20 years. it made me a bit nostalgic and then i realised that i've changed a lot in my short life. just wondered if anyone else could relate to this. you know, when you suddenly have a moment of clarity about life.

My moment was when i split up with my first g/f. it made me so much wiser about all the ideals i'd built up about life. it spawned my saying of "its better to be a realist with good ideas, than an idealist with a poor grasp of reality"

does anyone else have any moments like this?

it's all about awareness

I'm 44yo. There've been plenty of moments like this in my life. Some are more impressive than others. But, if we pay attention to what's taking place in and around us, it's easier to notice these things. I think a lot of folks don't notice things as much simply because their lives are too loud/busy to do so.

On this journey we embark on, Grasshopper, we experience MANY moments like this. Just as a stream may encounter rock bottoms and flow clean, so to do we have moments of clarity. Also remember though, as good as pragmatism can be, a man only assends as high as his reach.

Moments of clarity have both snuck up on me and occurred as reactions to unexpected or inevitable events. Sometimes, they're great, others not, but they're always a point from which to go forward.

Some hit me at the strangest times, just out of the blue from the most mundane things. Like the greatest songs from my late teens and early twenties have been converted into elevator music. A small thing but it hits hard.

kered said:
Some hit me at the strangest times, just out of the blue from the most mundane things. Like the greatest songs from my late teens and early twenties have been converted into elevator music. A small thing but it hits hard.

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:
Kered,
That is hilarious!
:yowzer: ROFLMAO :yowzer:

Helena said:
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:
Kered,
That is hilarious!
:yowzer: ROFLMAO :yowzer:
Thank you, dear Helena of the beautiful smile. But listening to a rendition of "She came in thru the bathroom window" done by the Boston Strings tells you it is about over. :sadcry:

I don't think you ever stop having moments of clarity like that. I had one last month, a monumental one, that I think altered my life somewhat. And, it's definitely for the better. One of the best ones I've had in all of my now forty-five years.

Life is truly amazing...and the older you get, the more it amazes you!

aaahhh....epiphanous moments are what I live for...I love that, I love those small periods of time when things seem to stop just a bit because a need for retrospective analysis arises...Because we're human we rarely see things for what they are until they are over...the value of joyful events and adverse situations and conflict (i.e., life) are opportunites for growth...reflecting upon them comes naturally...the true test is what we use that situation for...do we use it to grow or stay stale in who we are and what we think. Sounds like you use it to grow...I admire that...I am the same way....it isn't always easy to respond to moments of clarity about our life but for those of us who feel compelled to do so I think we are blessed :)

~tm

Before I came here to the forum I hadn't done much with writing , but since I've been here it's like a part of me has opened up that's been locked away all this time . As I read what the people write , about the parts of their lives , it's open me up to new feelings , inspiration and sadness and joy .

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back