• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Kindle vs other ereaders

ticklemepls

Verified
ok bear with me if this has been brought up already (im too lazy to go back and look)...

who's got a kindle? do you like it? what about other ereaders? im looking at them because i want to get one, most my research based on the web is saying Kindle is better, but thought I'd see if anyone here had an opinion....

someone? anyone?

From what I've heard, Kindle is better and Nook seems to break down more often or some such. I can't say for sure. I'm a fan of real books and don't own either, let alone other e-readers.

I'd have to agree that the kindle does seem the best option at the moment. I don't have one but many of my friends have and tell me that it's awesome. Plus I've seen quite a few being sold while at work, more than other similar products.

It's interesting you mention the Kindle because I just had my very first discussion about them with a friend of mine two days ago. I don't have one, but my friend reads his Kindle constantly. He seemed to know a lot about them, but that might just be my perception, knowing nothing about them.

Anyway, he says that the Kindle is the best because it isn't back-lit like say an iPAD. He believes that back-lit pads are harder on the eyes, induce stress, etc. The Kindle reads more like a real book, and can only be read in a well lit environment.

I read from computers all the time, so I'm not sure I share his concern for back lit screens, but there it is.

My wife has a Nook and my sister-in-law has kindle. They both agreed that Nook is better than kindle. The books are also alot cheaper on Nook then they are on Kindle.

My wife has a Nook and my sister-in-law has kindle. They both agreed that Nook is better than kindle. The books are also alot cheaper on Nook then they are on Kindle.

i forget about the Nook for some reason! :facepalm2:

It's interesting you mention the Kindle because I just had my very first discussion about them with a friend of mine two days ago. I don't have one, but my friend reads his Kindle constantly. He seemed to know a lot about them, but that might just be my perception, knowing nothing about them.

Anyway, he says that the Kindle is the best because it isn't back-lit like say an iPAD. He believes that back-lit pads are harder on the eyes, induce stress, etc. The Kindle reads more like a real book, and can only be read in a well lit environment.

I read from computers all the time, so I'm not sure I share his concern for back lit screens, but there it is.

hmm thats actually a good point

I'd have to agree that the kindle does seem the best option at the moment. I don't have one but many of my friends have and tell me that it's awesome. Plus I've seen quite a few being sold while at work, more than other similar products.

yeah, my aunt has a sony ereader, but i wasnt overly impressed with it, just seems like it lacks a lot that the kindle has (or the nook for that matter lol)

thanks for your help guys!

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back