• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Laptop Help

Ski102

Processor: Inte; Core 2 dou T9400 2.53 GHz

RAM 4 gb

video card Geforce 9600M GT

The system is a little over a year old

so to make a long story short

I used to be able to play games on my laptop like 4 months ago

Now when i try to run a program such as WoW it turns off (possibly from overheating)

I am sure i blew all the dust from inside and i really am at a lost of what i should do. Any advice would be appreciated. And i can assure you i can help you out for your time

Thank you in Advance

I wish I could help you with this. I am as technologicaly impaired as a mongoose with no legs.

Well if Any dust particle gets inside, it can mess up your hard drive. Well kind of. If you open the computer and you open the hard drive (which you shouldn't) because they are magnetized and are very fragile. Even one spec of dust can scratch the hard disk/hard drive.

I took a computer course in college :)

well any suggestions on what to do in case it was a dust problem?

If the games are high spec, the graphics card get's hot. On a laptop, this eventually leads to a trashed heatsink. Is the cool fan on full all the time now?

Maybe the power supply is dead from heat. Have you had any electrical surges lately.

i wish i would help i bought a mac to cut down on things like that. i will pass your computer trouble to my dads computer and see if he can give any advice:

Please note that I'm not a professional at this sort of thing, I just tinker a bit.

Games cause heavier than normal processor load, and that additional load generates additional heat. If your processor's heatsink isn't working efficiently, this will cause the sort of abrupt crashes you're describing. The first culprit I'd look at is dust. I know you said that you blew the dust out, but how thorough were you, and what did you use? If you haven't already, try getting a can of compressed air with a straw attachment and thoroughly blasting the dust out of your machine. There should be a fan on your machine that pulls in air for cooling, and an exhaust vent that lets that air back out. Depending on your machine, there may be more than one of each. Try to blow the compressed air in through the fan openings (between the fan blades) and watch for dust coming out of the exhaust vent(s).

see if there is an update for your video card it may be a software data processing problem
do that before you look at hardware!.

I do pcs for a living. With that spec you should be able to play no problem. Id start with the heatsink being bad if thats the only time its crashing. they are cheap and anyone you know who knows pcs can replace it for you and regrease it. if its crashing on other apps, it might be software related. but back up everything before you start trying to fix it.

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back