• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Little Richard, The Last of the First Wave of R&R, Gone At 87

The Internet

2nd Level Green Feather
Rock is dead......long live rock.

I always thought it was mind-blowing that Little Richard, and Chuck Berry, and Fats Domino, and Bo Diddley outlived so many of their musical offspring. Half the Beatles, gone. Half The Who, gone. The front line of The Ramones, gone. The three singers of The Band, gone. Jimi, Janis, Jim and the whole rest of 'em.....gone.....but the "Mount Rushmore" of early rock and roll kept on truckin', and giggin'. Maybe it's because none of those guys messed with drugs too much, if at all. All I know is that I always took some kind of strange comfort that those guys were still out there, rockin' and rollin'. Bo died a few years ago....Chuck and Fats after that.....and now Little Richard, who brought the scream into rock and roll, is no more.

It's true Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive....but he came out in 1957, after rock and roll was going strong. Fats Domino was recording in '49. Little Richard and Elvis (and others) were recording since 1954, Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry started recording in '55. So I consider Jerry Lee (and Carl Perkins and Buddy Holly, et al) from the next wave.

Little Richard's records were wild and unhinged and filled with abandon, and they didn't sound like anything that had gone on before. It's easy to take him for granted, sometimes. As far as his presentation, and his stage act, he was the earliest flamboyant and you can see him all the way down to Elton John.....or Lady Gaga.

Most of his classic records are rockin'. Here's a beautiful record he recorded (with a pre-fame Jimi Hendrix on guitar), way after his "prime", in 1965. What a voice.

I Don't Know What You've Got, But It's Got Me

I love rock and roll, I love it, since the day I was born till the day I die. Thanks, Richard Penniman, "Little Richard", thank you, and thanks again. I'm still listening to you.

Last edited:
Beautiful tribute to a true icon. It sounds like Little Richard made an impact on your musical development as well. :)

Sigh...all the old legends are passing away.

It makes me really sad. :-(

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back