• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Love the new design but have a question...

There's a question thread for the VBulletin update here

CrystalLight or a mod should be able to answer that for you.

Odd, the color balance is coming across the same on my system. We are using the same blue/gray/white colors with no changes.

Perhaps the subtle font size changes are having an effect. I'll look at it.

Myriads

Would white backgrounds in the main text area of the posts solve this issue?

Myriads

Below is an attached image of how it looks on my screen. To me, all of the colors seem much brighter than before. Of course, I may be just imaging it. Take a look and let me know if it looks the same as what you guys see? (Firefox 5.0)

View attachment 259700

That's how it looks to me, too. It may just take some getting used to, being so different.

Yea the color scheme is kinda nasty for me too. Very hard to read. :(

Love the new look the new layout though.

Nice layout on the new system, but i must admit it does seem a little bright,more a sort of a brightness contrast issue in simple terms.

Some areas seem pale and the whole thing is bright, not a problem, but it is different from the old one.

Glad to see the old features are all still here, hope it all goes well, and people have to accept that there may well be teething problems.

I'm working on some color changes. Hang on over the next day as I learn to tune the software. It's a bit different then the old version, and I'm having to relearn. But I believe I can get it closer to the old TMF's colors and be thus more readable.

Myriads

This was what we had. I think it should solve the readability issues. The old colors were chosen by me for read-ease and to lessen eye strain.

Myriads

Looks the same to me HDS, very bland. I'm also having problems using the quote function. Also, when I click the Reply to Thread box I get nothing. The Quick Reply option seems to be working. :idunno:

Looks the same to me HDS, very bland. I'm also having problems using the quote function. Also, when I click the Reply to Thread box I get nothing. The Quick Reply option seems to be working. :idunno:
When you click "Repy With Quote" under a post, it produces a quick reply box for you to type in. If you click the "Reply to Thread" button under all the posts, it selects the Quick Reply box. You have to click "Go Advanced" under the Quick Reply box to get to a full reply window.

It's working fine on Chrome for me. It's a little brighter and takes adjusting to, but nothing too straining.

I don't like the new layout as much, it seems more cluttered to me. But I'm sure as time passes it'll grow on me like the old one did.

The new design looks pretty good. Although I expect I'll need some time to get used to it. For some reason I find it harder to read than before. Is the font smaller now? Or maybe it's the color scheme, I'm not sure. Quite frankly, I'd prefer a darker background than white (I've always had trouble with white, especially with the damn floaters I have in my eyes), but that's just me. The thread titles in each of the forums also look more bunched up than before, making them harder to read. To me, anyway.

We've flipped the white out for the pale blue, and returned the post colors to the exact same as they were on the old version. So they are the same now.

Font size is the same.

Yes the thread screens are a bit more info filled now, and as a result look more crowded. That's just how the new design is alas.

Myriads

Let's not forget to take into consideration that many of you have been used to seeing the forum a certain way for many, many years. -- So this is going to take a little bit of getting used to. : )

My one issue is that there is no longer much contrast between older messages, and those highlighted as "new" or "unread". Those used to catch my eye immediately, now it's a bit of a strain to tell them apart. I feel like the "unread message" font should be darker to really make them pop.

I agree there it is harder to tell new messages from old. I'll look into a color or font solution.

Myriads

When you click "Reply With Quote" under a post, it produces a quick reply box for you to type in. If you click the "Reply to Thread" button under all the posts, it selects the Quick Reply box. You have to click "Go Advanced" under the Quick Reply box to get to a full reply window.

Thanks HDS. I still see no difference in the color contrast but I'll get used to that eventually.

My one issue is that there is no longer much contrast between older messages, and those highlighted as "new" or "unread". Those used to catch my eye immediately, now it's a bit of a strain to tell them apart. I feel like the "unread message" font should be darker to really make them pop.
I made some changes to both try and fix this issue and to make usernames bigger. Give your window a refresh (F5 on Windows machines) and see if the new color shows up, Any better?

HDS on my request! Give the man a hand.

I asked him to bump up the font size on user names so its easier to see who makes posts, and also to raise the font size on posts with new replies. This should make them stand out better. Hope that makes things easier.

Myriads

What's New

6/2/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this SUnday eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back