• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Making a moving avatar

BigNorm

3rd Level Violet Feather
i was wondering if someone could make a morphing avatar of these 2 pics, where he turns into a werewolf and back, and scale it down to 65 by 65 so i can use it in the forum?

if not, how do i make a small 4 second mpeg file into an avatar? thanks for any help you can give.

Attachments

• sl_ChopperDave.gif
    sl_ChopperDave.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 418
  • sl_ChopperDave_2.gif
    sl_ChopperDave_2.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 410
  • Chopper Dave.mpeg
    790 KB
First off, its refered to as "animated" avatars, since thats what they are, in animation. Just a more proper way to refer to them, but not necessary.

Second, your first request would be too difficult to simulate and still get under the byte limit. Its not impossible, but would probably be more trouble than its worth, since you're basically creating "in-between" frames of the metamorphasis which do not exist with just these two frames, which would take more time and talent than simply making the two images move.

The second options is easier, and I'll see if I can't make a short animation out of it. Be forewarned though, in order for it to be uploaded here, quality will be lost. If its a long shot, with many frames it may look not as good as the animations you have in your sig. I'll have to see it for myself.

Hopefully I or someone else can get back to you on this.

Oh, and if you want to do the second one yourself, its simple. Just get screen captures of each frame. This part is tiresome and takes alot of time sometimes, but its easy.

Then, once you have all the frames you'll need, you open up any digital program (photoshop, animationshop, etc.) (they should have the ability to do this), and just order the frames, one by one in a single animation file, just as they appeared in the video. Then, resize them and either slow or speed up the frame rate.

Thats it.

Although you may have to try this several times to see how large each resulting file is until you get a quality level that you're comfortable with and a size thats within the limits here.

EDIT:

I could create this for you right now in just several seconds, but it seems the way I normally get the frames isn't working, and using the screen capture key isn't working like its supposed to either, its not capturing what I want it to. Its probably due to the file type and player.

Last edited:
I dont know about mpegs but I believe I used to be able to open avi files in an image editor (one that can handle animated gifs) and it would open as an animation.
Also...the size of an avatar is 64x64...not 65. Dont know if it makes a difference.

Anyway...this about what you're looking for?

Attachments

• chopper.gif
    chopper.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 368
yay!!! thanks!!!

*hugs ness*

chopper dave rulz :tounge:

i owe ya one.

Nooooo you dont owe me. I'm happy to help. ^_^ It only took about 1 minute in ImageReady so it's no hardship for me. ^_^

i gotta stop being cheap and go out and buy photoshop, as i mentioned, i'm practicing artwork, but i work better with a mouse than a pencil.

Wait...hangon...you can...BUY photoshop? o_O

>.>
<.<

I could never ever ever draw with a mouse >.<. Just doesnt work for me!

nessonite said:
Wait...hangon...you can...BUY photoshop? o_O

>.>
<.<

I could never ever ever draw with a mouse >.<. Just doesnt work for me!

buy photoshop? what's the confusion?

once i prove to myself i got skills in drawing, i'll treat myself to one of those tablets like you got for drawing on the puter.

HisDivineShadow said:
Let's just say Nessonite didn't part with much when acquiring Photoshop. ;)

I agree. Having to shell out hard earned cash for expensive software just isn't fair.

EDIT: On the main topic, I have an animated sprite from Dungeon Keeper that I would like to use as an avatar but, I'm afraid it's too big. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
your telling me, a few years back i bought the most basic photoshop for $200 and realized it looked to complicated to use, so i sold it to a friend for $300. i'm such a nice friend. :tounge:

cool, thanks. i'm technically minded.

*runs off to try to find the on switch on my computer*

So how much do I have to pay for someone to do it for me?

To do what for you? Make a gif? Hell, post it up here and I or someone else would give it a shot. ^^

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back