• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Meaning of life to you

Bashiku

1st Level Orange Feather
I so love philosophy, so I couldn't resist anymore. I wanted to see everyones point of view on the world and their theories about their existence... this will be somewhat tricky... :super_hap

To me, life seems a tad bit too short to waste on trying to find out what it means... and then turning around realizing you got old doing nothing but thinking about it... but then, it's just me, the 'don't think about meaning of life, just live it' guy.

meaning of life to me: to live my life to the fullest with no regrets as long as possible.I don't have a goal set , i just wonna do with my life what i whant and how i whant.

Theory on how i excist: Dad felt horny , mom whas cleaning in the right position and BAM!! 9 months leater there i whas.

I'm here to heal the physically, and often emotionally, hurt...that's the purpose for my life...

Other than that, I just plan on having an amazing time, treating people well, and laughing as much as possible on this short ride...

I just want to live as much as possible. Treat everyday as a gift and use it to do some good, have some fun and not waste a minute.

Heh I should probably add something... Well for me meaning of life is neither a declaration to live with full lungs, nor like in 'Hitchhikers Guide through Galaxy' a defined thing, (in that case it was 42). For me it is more a search for your ideals, power, acquaintances, love, hate and everything you want. But of course you need to know where to look right? :)

"Our prime purpose in life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them."

- The Dalai Lama

Heh I would mostly agree on that valerie, but there is one problem with that quote. When you help someone you weaken him, for you stopped him from learning something from working by himself. So there should exist a balance between help and assistance.

Hard to sum it up in a few lines, but here goes....

1. Serve Christ
2. Lead my family in God's will
3. Serve others in the way He has called me to do
4. Bring as many as I can along with me!

Heh I would mostly agree on that valerie, but there is one problem with that quote. When you help someone you weaken him, for you stopped him from learning something from working by himself. So there should exist a balance between help and assistance.

As I see it, helping would include teaching when appropriate. Lao-Tzu, the founder of Taoism, wrote in the Tao Te Ching that "the good man is the teacher of the bad man, and the bad man is the material the teacher works on." :)

Heh this is starting to get interested... well you are right about that... There was a writer here that wrote a short story, about a parent on p.t.a., I think it is p.t.a.
Well long story short, the teacher said to one father that he needs to be a better parent and he replied "Give me a good child and you will see how good of a parent I am.". :D
But also we must differ between skillful bad and natured bad, cause those two could make all the difference in education and helping.

Interesting, but a little contradict to Gods primal laws... for if I wanted to do as much as I want that would contain few greedy and other acts... but nice quote... who said that?

The meaning of life is to annoy as many people as possible so when you die people will remember you.

Again one contradictory... people forget what is bad and what annoys them... so how will they remember you then?

- You only get as much out of life as you put into it-try to make the most of each day as you don't know what is round the corner.
- Treat others like you would like to be treated.
- If you're gonna do a job,do it properly.
- We make mistakes so we can develop-if we were perfect life would be boring.
- If everything was straighforward,life would be boring.

I'm still trying to work out the reason for my existence-I doubt I ever will,purely because I feel (deep down)that people can get by without me but I can't get by without others.

Interesting... you grasped almost everything, but I wonder tickle_fan3...
We were not beings like this up until 10000 or so years ago.. so they didn't have so much problem with work and making mistakes then... because if you make mistake then... well you are eaten by a lion or something similar... modern philosophy is interesting, but we were not always modern :)

Meaning of life to me is to get knowlege.Because I believe that knowlege is the only thing which can not be deprived by death.:cool:

Heh with lcl I can agree... knowledge is power and power can be used for forming a better world and life...

"To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and feel the lamenations of the women"
Conan

"Love God and he'll Love you"

...but not that way.

croaker that is a strange meaning of life... I mean killing people that are in your way and sleeping with any woman you want is dream of every normally born man, but to me it sound... how should I put it... like a bad strategical plan. If you make many enemies you are done...
Timewarp, don't we all love our God who made us and cherishes us like his most beautiful art? That is a nice meaning, living optimistic, appreciating everyones thoughts and ideals... really interesting...

That was a quote from Conan the Barbarian, who was asked the same question in the first movie -

I remember that movie, but I am wondering about your definition of meaning in life, not fictional figures :D

What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back