• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Men have higher IQ's

stdave

TMF Regular
Here is an article that is sure to get a battle of the sexes going on this board. A recent British survey found that men have larger brains and on average a 5 point higher IQ. Any thoughts on this?

I don't buy it. I think everyone has the same potential, some just are better at developing it. There is no article there BTW.

Yep, a definite flame thrower if I ever saw one. :ignite:

I think so much of the human brain isn't used that size doesn't matter. Hmmm... I think I've defended myself with that line before.... :manicd:

As to IQ points - I'm not sure. I suppose it's possible, although I can't say so from personal experience. The biggest genius in my family is a female cousin. :atom:

hah who are you guys kidding??? by far we the female species have the higher iq just ask us hehe. actually i dont put much credence in iq tests. and its not the size of the brain that counts its what is collected within.

isabeau :Hyrdrogen

Might not be smarter, but we sure are happier........

Men Are Just Happier People-- What do you expect from such simple creatures? Our last name stays put. The garage is all ours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack.

We can be President. We can never be pregnant. We can wear a whiteT-shirt to a water park. We can wear NO shirt to a water park. Car mechanics tell us the truth. The world is our urinal. We never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. We don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay.

Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100. People never stare at our chest when we're talking to them.

The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected. New
shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle our feet. One mood all the time. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. We know stuff about tanks.

A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. We can open all your own jars. We get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.

If someone forgets to invite us, he or she can still be your friend. Our underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. We almost never have strap problems in public. We are unable to see wrinkles in our clothes.

Everything on our face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. Weonly have to shave your face and neck. (and only if we feel like it)

We can play with toys all your life. Our belly usually hides our big hips. One wallet and one pair of shoes one color for all seasons. We can wear shorts no matter how our legs look.

We can "do" our nails with a pocket knife. We have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache. We can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.

No wonder men are happier

well ummm lets see shall we venray? it depends on the mans chest i just might find myself staring if its uh like muscular??? and i dont file my nails. and cant have babies sooooo hmmm your point being??? and btw i am happy and smart hehe. love ya anyway

isabeau :twohugs:

o and btw again i can also do my christmas shopping in even less time and i know men who will talk on the phone for hours. so there hehe and whats that about being president????? hmmm

Last edited:
stdave said:
Here is an article that is sure to get a battle of the sexes going on this board. A recent British survey found that men have larger brains and on average a 5 point higher IQ. Any thoughts on this?

Men also write the IQ tests.

Coincidence? I think not. ;)

Ticklish9's said:

So you feel the questions are written so men and women will ansewer differently with the men scoring higher?

Ticklish9's said:

and again that proves???? and how do you know men write the iq tests. geeshhhhh i mean come on now. sighs and sighs again

isabeau :illogical

Ah yes... another volatile subject... muwahaha... Well, my personal opinion is that intelligence has too many aspects to be measured by one test. Some of you may be familiar with the 8 intelligences theory by Howard Gardner. Basically, it states that there are 8 measures of intelligence, including: linguistic, logical, musical, spatial, bodily kinesthetic, interpersonal, intrapersonal, and naturalistic.

IQ tests only measure logical intelligence.

Most of the above mentioned intelligences are self-explanatory, but I'll elaborate on some of the more obscure ones...

Spatial intelligence is "a mental process which is associated with the brains attempts to interpret certain types of incoming information. This information is basically anything visual - pictures, maps, plans etc. While other types of intelligence (such as mathematical ability) are historically esteemed by society, Spatial ability is probably and silently the most vital aspect of the humans mental capabilities. Without the ability to comprehend and interpret visual information something as apparently straightforward as remembering how to get to the front door of our house (from the living room!) would be beyond us."

http://www.ul.ie/~mearsa/9519211/newpage2.htm - source

Interpersonal intelligence is understanding other people and is commonly referred to as "streetsmarts," social skills, or sometimes just common sense.

Intrapersonal intelligence is understanding yourself and being secure with yourself. Basically, it amounts to mental stability and knowing your limits.

Naturalistic intelligence is basically your ability to survive in the wild.

As far as the genders go, men would likely have more experience and more of an aptitude in the traditional logical intelligence, because it is closely connected to math. Obviously, there are plenty of women that are good at math, but men tend to find it more interesting while women avoid it.

It's not so much a matter of biology as it is culture. Men are encouraged to become the scientists and engineers while women focus more on socially oriented work. Therefore, it's not surprising that women tend to be better at interpersonal intelligence. A lot of women are just better in communicating with the masses than men are...

Ironically, men tend to be better at intrapersonal intelligence, because of the self-esteem that testosterone often conveys in men. Women are more likely to suffer from depression, and some have suggested that women are more prone to mental instability... Whether it's a matter of hormones or culture, it's kind of hard to tell.... Granted, testosterone is a double-edged sword, because the confidence it invokes often leads to risky or stupid behavior, which is an indication of shortcomings in intrapersonal intelligence (because of the "knowing your limits" factor).

Linguistic, musical, bodily kinesthetic, spatial, and naturalistic intelligences seem to depend more on the individual than on gender.

I think the smartest people are those who don't worry about how smart people are. Personality and sense of humor are more important to me.

drew70 said:
I think the smartest people are those who don't worry about how smart people are. Personality and sense of humor are more important to me.

Your focus is on interpersonal intelligence then.

I don't doubt that men ARE smarter than woman....in some areas. Academically, men probably tip the scales in their favor. They absorb and interpret information a little faster and easier than women. But I believe women tip the scales in their favor in natural instinct, nurturing, and emotional intelligence. We feel, sense, and understand every day worldly things around us more easily and more aptly. It all evens out in the end, and it boils down to the fact we work best when we work together. Either sex alone would never survive, and I'm not talking procreation. ;)

Mimi

The basic problem here is there is no real good way to measure intelligence accurately. In that sense 5 points is not that big a difference and probably the error margin for the study is higher than 5 points.

Generally men tend to be better in analytical, and math skills

Women tend to better in verbal , reading and grammar skills

However are these real differences or just culturally ingrained differences. Its hard to say. However it may end up that bunnies are way smarter than all of us. ;) :p :bunny:

high iq=george bush need i say more?????

isabeau :bump:

can you say iraq war and stragetory??????

Last edited:
Taking an IQ test is analogous to measuring penis length, so of course men would score higher. ;)

Ok, heres what I think. I know nobody cares what I think, but I will merrily proceed to annoy even more people than I have done already. Ahem....ok....here I go.....

I'm pretty sure that men are more intelligent than women. Every Genius has been a man. I cannot think of a single female genius. Ok, you can mention a lot of very, very, very clever women, as you can with men, but how many women have invented something radically different from anything before it and that has had such great application to civilisation? How many women have come up with a radical and thought provoking treatise on anything that has taken civilisation off on a different path? I can't think of any, yet we can all think of a male genius - Einstein, Newton, Mendel, Shakespeare, Louis Pasteur, Robert Koch.

Men and women are different. They each have their own special talents and attributes even though we'd like to think there is no difference. Some of these can clearly be observed such as strength, speed etc. Men are stronger than women and faster. I think men are also more intelligent. In my opinion men are much better or much worse in pretty much any characteristic you wish to describe. Think about crime. Most criminals are men. Most violent criminals, rapists, paedophiles etc. are men. Most leaders are men. The most determined person in the world is probably a man. Men are just.....well......extreme!

wow another of those silly posts huh? uni? i mean come on now. no women geniuses hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i shouldnt even respond. you know something , however, i do believe you are yanking my chain. you dont believe what you wrote anymore than i do. right?

isabeau :ranty:

isabeau{E} said:
wow another of those silly posts huh? uni? i mean come on now. no women geniuses hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i shouldnt even respond. you know something , however, i do believe you are yanking my chain. you dont believe what you wrote anymore than i do. right?

isabeau :ranty:

I challenge you to name a female genius?!

I know women get upset that they are not as clever, strong, determined, intelligent, ambitious, etc. as men, but you should accept it nonetheless. Even the best chefs are men and that is one of womens traditional roles. Women are bitchy. They always bitch about other women - especially if that woman is better looking, thinner, richer etc. than she is.

Can anyone think of: -

1) A Female genius, and why that woman is a genius and not just very clever
2) A Female that is better than a man at something (actually you should be able to think of quite a lot of these, but I can't remember any off the top of my head)

a female who is better than a man in something hmmmmm julia child come to mind???? how about the female captain pilot of the last shuttle to land??? i never saw such a smooth landing ever before. mother Teresa??? hmm again wow and madame curie was she or was she not a genius? and my best friend in highschool who graduated valedictorian was a genius, it was proved and ta da will wonders never cease IT WAS A FEMALE shock waves rebound.

isabeau :evilha:

isabeau{E} said:
a female who is better than a man in something hmmmmm julia child come to mind???? how about the female captain pilot of the last shuttle to land??? i never saw such a smooth landing ever before. mother Teresa??? hmm again wow and madame curie was she or was she not a genius? and my best friend in highschool who graduated valedictorian was a genius, it was proved and ta da will wonders never cease IT WAS A FEMALE shock waves rebound.

isabeau :evilha:

Oh, I would never say that females cannot be very, very clever. I've known some very clever women. I'd like to address each person you mentioned if I may: -

Julia Childs might be a good chef. But if you look at the lists of the worlds best chefs then not only do men outnumber women, but the best chef (voted by men and women) is a man. Depending on which list you read you will get a different answer. But a well respected list puts Blumenthal at the Fat Duck in Bray (England) as the best chef of 2004-05.

Mother Teresa was a caring woman. But have there not been men that care as much if not more than Mother Teresa? Mother Teresa devoted all of her life and all of her time to the poor, but I reckon Bill Gates who has donated lots of money to the poor will do more for the poor than Mother Teresa.

Anyone can be trained to land the space shuttle. Man or woman. Landing an aircraft after years/decades of training in planes and the shuttle is hardly a sign of genius.

Madame Curie just messed about with radioactive materials. She was a decent-ish scientist. But she was working in a field with lots of other people. She wasn't even pre-eminent in her field!

And yeah, i've already said girls can be clever. So what that girl was best in the class. Well done. But its not a sign of genius, rather a sign of being clever and hard working.

I still say. Name a female who can do something BETTER THAN ANY MAN CAN. Not a woman who can do something as well as a man.
Name a female genius. What did she do and why does it deserve the title of genius??

something a woman can do better than a man, she can give birth.

isabeau :)

Wtf?

"Name a female genius. What did she do and why does it deserve the title of genius??"

Um, HELLO! In case you supposedly "higher IQ males" were too dumb to catch it, see my post on the gorgeous Guinness Book of World Records highest IQ~the title belongs to a WOMAN!
What am I, stuck on idiot island???????????????? :manicd:
XOXO

steph said:
"Name a female genius. What did she do and why does it deserve the title of genius??"

Um, HELLO! In case you supposedly "higher IQ males" were too dumb to catch it, see my post on the gorgeous Guinness Book of World Records highest IQ~the title belongs to a WOMAN!
What am I, stuck on idiot island???????????????? :manicd:
XOXO

Was she a woman at birth?! Ha ha. Only joking.

Fair enough. If you want to believe some publication by an Irish drinks firm! (Only joking again)

I've never said that women aren't clever. They can be clever. Plus all IQ tests are essential very similar. You can take an IQ test, then revise what questions come up all the time and take it again.

I just want to know a female genius.

I was saying to Isa, that I've read that those with special talents and think in a way we'd consider genius like are very close to being severely autistic. Most severely autistic people are trapped in their own little world, unable to communicate effectively. Perhaps the genius is the person who is normal enough to appear normal, but autistic enough to think in the genius like way. Maybe more men than women exist in this way?

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back