• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Metallica shows now more "family-friendly"

AmishTickler

Level of Quadruple Heliodor Feather
Say it ain't so James. :shock2: What's next? A guest appearance on Sesame Street?? :shock2:

JAMES HETFIELD: METALLICA SHOWS MORE 'FAMILY-FRIENDLY' SINCE HE BECAME A DAD

12/7/2010

Metallica frontman James Hetfield admitted in a recent interview that the band's shows have become more family-friendly since he became a dad. Speaking with Australia's 7pm Project, Hetfield said he's even stopped singing the band's obscenity-filled cover of the Anti-Nowhere League's "So What" because he doesn't want his son and two daughters to think it's okay to use bad language. Hetfield explained, "Since I've had kids the show's become more family-friendly as far as the language goes. We haven't played 'So What' in a while -- there are too many words that just ain't right. My son's heard them all, but I don't need to promote them."

* Hetfield also commented on his son's musical tastes, saying, "Now and then I get an email from iTunes saying, 'Here's what your son bought.' He loves the Ramones, AC/DC, the Red Hot Chili Peppers right now. He buys some Metallica stuff . . . He actually bought them. I'm like, 'Dude, how are you going to pay for these?'"
* The legendary frontman revealed that his daughters are more into pop music, but that they still listen to their dad's music whenever they can come on the road with him. He said, "There's this thing called school, which sucks. But we yanked them on the last leg of the tour when we did Japan because they'd never been there."
* As for whether he considers himself a strict father at home, Hetfield said, "My voice does get a little loud at home sometimes. But I'm learning it doesn't necessarily get anything done."
* Hetfield's three children are 12-year-old Cali, 10-year-old Castor and eight-year-old Marcella. He and his wife Francesca have been married 13 years.

Say it ain't so James. :shock2: What's next? A guest appearance on Sesame Street?? :shock2:

JAMES HETFIELD: METALLICA SHOWS MORE 'FAMILY-FRIENDLY' SINCE HE BECAME A DAD

12/7/2010

Metallica frontman James Hetfield admitted in a recent interview that the band's shows have become more family-friendly since he became a dad. Speaking with Australia's 7pm Project, Hetfield said he's even stopped singing the band's obscenity-filled cover of the Anti-Nowhere League's "So What" because he doesn't want his son and two daughters to think it's okay to use bad language. Hetfield explained, "Since I've had kids the show's become more family-friendly as far as the language goes. We haven't played 'So What' in a while -- there are too many words that just ain't right. My son's heard them all, but I don't need to promote them."

* Hetfield also commented on his son's musical tastes, saying, "Now and then I get an email from iTunes saying, 'Here's what your son bought.' He loves the Ramones, AC/DC, the Red Hot Chili Peppers right now. He buys some Metallica stuff . . . He actually bought them. I'm like, 'Dude, how are you going to pay for these?'"
* The legendary frontman revealed that his daughters are more into pop music, but that they still listen to their dad's music whenever they can come on the road with him. He said, "There's this thing called school, which sucks. But we yanked them on the last leg of the tour when we did Japan because they'd never been there."
* As for whether he considers himself a strict father at home, Hetfield said, "My voice does get a little loud at home sometimes. But I'm learning it doesn't necessarily get anything done."
* Hetfield's three children are 12-year-old Cali, 10-year-old Castor and eight-year-old Marcella. He and his wife Francesca have been married 13 years.

Wow , even his son isn't immune from his greed . Metallica sucks .

I hear Metallica will start wearing golf shirts onstage and end their concerts at 9:00pm. Just so they can pick up groceries before the stores close.

Drew

It would be the ultimate irony if his underage kids used a file sharing service, like limewire, and the RIAA traced it, and he was one of those people that they make an example out of.

You know, like when they serve a 3 million dollar fine to a woman making 19,000 a year. Imagen that fine going to james hetfield's son, but because he's a minor, all legal responsibility goes to james.

But because they know he's loaded, its not 3 million dollars, they know he can pay that. They make him pay 200 million dollars.

That would be poetic justice and effing sweet as HELL!!!

Metallica and Family-Friendly do not sound right in the same sentence. Then again, they are all what, about 55 now?...lol

Just when you thought Selloutica couldn't get more lame, they do.

Eh, don't make a big deal out of it.. don't cry because Matalica is cleaning up their act a little.. Having a family changes people sometimes. You want to be a good example for your kids.. And like someone else said, Metallica is pretty old now lol... They shouldn't be throwing giant devil worshiping services at their concerts anymore. ;)

w-rush-cp-584-1970576.jpg

Alex, Geddy and Neil after hearing what James Hetfield had to say.

Metallica+1985UK.jpg

^The definitive line-up, before MTV raped their mystique.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back