• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Most Devistating NFL Defense

Coffee

4th Level Orange Feather
What defensive team do you think was the most devistating? Was it the Steele Curtin of the 70's, the 1985 Bears, the Ravens from a few years ago or some other defense?

The Bears..

Only managed that performance for one year, and were helped by a weak schedule.

If I were to pick a defense it'd be the Steelers. I believe the 76 Steelers it may have been 77 . Went TWENTY EIGHT QUARTERS without giving up a touchdown.

Tron

It was the '76 Steelers and it was 29 quarters. I have got to go with Tron on Pittsburgh here.

Other great D's:

'85 Bears - One season, but it was a great one.

'75 Cardinals - Not enough to get them to a championship, but if they had any offense at all, they'd have won a Super Bowl that year.

'86 Giants - LT and the crew brought it on every down in '86.

'73 Dolphins - The No-Name Defense was just that...a bunch of guys who played as a team and shut down everyone in thier path.

'69 Vikings - The Purple People Eaters at thier very best.

Any Browns or Packers defense from 1953-1968.

2002 Bucs. The best example of the 11-man "swarming" defense.

Eventhough the 85 Bears maintained that for only one year, they were devestating. RB'c used to shake in their boots when they knew they were getting the ball.

The Steel Curtain of the 70's was the best over an extended period of time.

The 86 Giants was good but for only one year as well. I think the 85 Bears was better by far, and this is coming from a die hard Giant fan. I know b/c the Giants faced the Bears that year and did absolutely nothing in the NFC division play offs.

The Cowboys of the 60's with Jethro Pugh and Bob Lilly deserve some consideration.

What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back