• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Most shocking ending/surprise ending in horror flicks

the movie where michael caine had two personalities.. sort of like psyco.. where when he becomes sexually aroused, his other personality takes over and kills the person responsible for arousing him.. can't think of the name of it, but it had rather a shocking ending..

isabeau

The original 1963 film, "The Haunting", and a little known 1973 film called "Reflection of Fear".
:eek:

Was it any of these Izzy:
Terror in the Aisles, Quills, Jack the Ripper, 4th Protocol, The Holcroft Covenant, Jigsaw Man, The Hand, The Island,or Dressed to Kill.
:cool2: :2poke: :) :feets:

yikes rajee lolol.. dressed to kill that's it, thanks

isabeau

o yes the haunting was.. but for a better ending, read the short novel.

I agree. Hannibal Lecter was a great character. The trilogy including ManHunter were great movies. :smilestar :devil2: :veryhappy :cool2: :santasmil

Tamia78 said:
Wow...now I'm gonna have to see Sleepaway Camp. Sounds like something I wanna watch! I have to agree with Mz. Chaos and say Saw 1 and 2 were pretty disturbing to have an ending like that. I also remember something that got to me was Event Horizon. At the end, Lawrence Fishburne, the captain of the space ship ended up going to Hell with his ship. I thought that was pretty creepy.

Has anyone seen High Tension? The ending in that movie surpised me. Oh yeah, also the ending in Primal Fear. Not a horror movie, but still pretty weird!
I was wanting to say Primal Fear as well, but as you said, it wasn't a horror movie... it still was a damn good twist at the end though wasn't it?

Ms Chaos - Edward Norton can really play creepy characters well.

Metal - Excellent quadrilogy (word?)Sir Anthony Hopkins is a superb actor.
FYI William Peterson played Wil, the profiler, in the movie. He is , I'm sure you guys know, is Gil Grissom on CSI.
:fish: :poke3: :triangle:

Halloween.....when Dr. Loomis shoots Michael Myers & he falls through the window to the ground, but he is not there.You know he is still really close and then that kick ass Halloween theme song comes on ,bad to the bone!!!

The Halloween movies were good too. Although the 1 without Mike Myers was abit odd. :cool2: :2poke: :rotate: :)

The ending to the original "Planet of the Apes" was a bit of a shocker in it's day.

Sleepaway Camp- My friends and i saw it at the drive in, and that ending totally freaked me out.

High Tension- I didn't see THAT one coming!

Mother's Day- You mean Queenie is REAL?!?

Saw II- Again, I never would have expected......THAT!!!

Return of the Living Dead- Well...that's ONE way to deal with zombies!

Phantasm- EEK! The Tall Man!

Man, you've all named some really great movies! I've added quite a few to Netflix as I'm reading through all the posts. I LOVE scary movies!

I thought that movie Identity with John Cusack was really a crazy twist at the end.......

--T

Identity was good too. Have you got Sleepaway camp from Netflix yet? :devil:

Just added it, Rajee, did you know that they made a trilogy out of it?

Yup, ironically I saw 2 and 3 before I saw the 1st one. There is a Sleepaway Camp 2006 coming up.
Pamela Springsteen plays Angela in #2 and #3.
:upsidedow :p :bubble: :dogpile: :bowing: ;) :xpulcy:

Great idea for a thread.

Couple that I don't think have been mentioned...

APRIL FOOL'S DAY. You could maybe see it coming, but it was still a nice little surprise the way they pulled it off. Like almost every other 80's horror flick, it's now being remade.

AUDITION (Japanese movie). If by ending we can mean the last 30 minutes or so of this film. Seriously messed up. If anyone here hasn't seen it, I don't even want to describe what happens, so that I don't take away from your viewing experience. But, if people are interested, they can find out about it easily enough on IMDB or a similar site. Let's just say, make sure you get the unrated version.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. All the corpses sitting around the table, and then the (unintentionally) hillarious "Scooby Doo" type reveal at the very end.

Someone mentioned Terror in the Aisles. That was a great compilation of all different horror scenes from various movies. Along the lines of the Boogymen video that came out recently. But, Terror had a lot more of the lesser known movies. Great video to watch to find some great horror films worth checking out.

Those were cool 1980's horror flicks. :dogpile:

what about the classic Motel Hell. I saw it the other night on and watched; have not seen it since highschool. The farmer with the pighead on with a chainsaw, ya gotta luv it!

That was one weird horror flick. :xpulcy:

I guess I'm a tad late, but...

As a horror film buff, I'll throw my 2 cents in (the slot). I think Brian DePalma takes the cake and door prize for scary trick endings. Actually, Isabeau unwittingly named two of his films, so I suppose she receives the door prize :bowing: . 'Carrie' and 'Dressed to Kill' have climactic endings that seem expressly intended to fill emergency rooms. Personally, the reason I didn't find the first 'Friday the 13th' movie's ending shocking is because it is lifted directly from DePalma. Even after watching Carrie several times, I think the ending is still shocking because DePalma sets it up so well. And the weird thing is you know what's happening before it even happens with that placid music and the makeshift Carrie White burns in hell grave marker. But I'll say no more so as not to ruin the 'surprise' for some. 'Dressed to Kill' may even be worse on the cardiac scale :wowzer: . He's just so manipulative- but in a good way. 'Sisters' has at least one memorable shock and the freakiest score (by Bernard Hermann) I think I've ever heard, but the ending is more disturbing in a 'so that's it?' sort of way :( . The other notables for me are:

Homicidal- a low budget William Castle film to take advantage of the success of Psycho (it was made a year later). To this day, I think, the most clever reworking of Psycho, and the ending contains a good twist/gimmic.

Wait Until Dark- there is a shock near the end of this film which, no matter how many times I watched it, I found absolutely frightening. The rest of the film was boring for me. The secret to the shock- it is quicker than quick, as the shadow leaps first...

Curtains- a small, Canadian horror film which had a good shock at its close. Not such a bad film, if memory serves.

The Legend of Lizzie Borden- made-for-tv movie starring Elizabeth Montgomery. The ending with, the 'Lizzie Borden' rhym being sung by children and the camera circling Ms. Montgomery is very creepy. Wes Craven might have viewed this before deciding upon an ending for Nightmare on Elm Street (hint, hint). Uh, oh- just found a site with the movie ending's audio- http://members.tripod.com/~bewitchvic/LizBord.html :shock:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre- not the exact end of the movie, persay, but the scene at the dining table with the close-ups of the eyeballs. :xlime:

Clockwork Orange- not a horror film, but the ending with the furrowed brow- someone already mentioned Kubrick's 'The Shining' and Jack Nicholson, with furrowed brow, freezing to death- it's Kubrick trademark and horror-filmesque.

Psycho- Anthony Perkins 'I wouldn't hurt a fly' monologue and the super-imposed skull- pretty freaky, I would say. Hitchcock was so ambivalent about this ending that he cut and distributed two versions- one with the skull and one without. You have to go with the skull :scared: ...

the thing

although already mentioned, and im a huge horror fan so i could list tons, i must go with john carpenters remake of the thing. after the whole camp is blown up in the arctic, no way to call for help and no way out, all macready and childs can do is pass a bottle of J&B back and forth and probably wait to die, maybe one of them is still the thing , maybe not, and as the film closes, kurt russel's character just says "lets just sit here for awhile and see what happens". kind of anti-climactic but very eerie just the same. that movie scared the hell out of me when i was a kid. peace.........BLUE_THUNDER

I'd have to say the ending to "The Sixth Sense," when Willis's character figures out what has really been going on.

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back