• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

.mpc files .... w.t.f. ?

Faramir

1st Level Orange Feather
I know they are another flavour of audio files, but does anyone know a bit of history about them? ...such as when they came about, WHY they came about in the first place, ....and most importantly, can they be converted to mp3 format, and how.

...and no, I don't want to install Winamp.

I'm not sure about the answer, but what I dont even know is why you wouldn't want to instal Winamp. Does it slow the computer down or something?

Damn. Misstress Valerie beat me up to it again!

As for WinAmp, INSTALL IT! It's a lot better than Windows media player. You might also try Media Player Classic, with right codecs it will play these files.

As for WinAmp, I've had it before, and it just seemed to bugger up my computer. I know a lot of people rave about it, but I just don't like certain features about it, like ... it takes away my thumbnail view of the CD covers in 'My Music' folder, for one. I had the latest version installed a few months back to test some (Internet Radio) scheduling software that required it, and couldn't figure out how to even get it to minimize/maximize, or find it's controls/tools/options. If there was a toolbar on it, damned if I could find it. Not to mention it is either an AOL (AOHell) product, or is affiliated with AOL, and I just don't want that stuff on my PC because even after an un-install it stays in your system ... or so I've heard from my friends at EarthLink.

Now about this fancy dandy new(?) Musepack format ... what I need to do is get it into a format that can be burned onto a CD. Here is the scenario ... I've got an WinRAR archive of an entire CD (Brainstorm's "Metus Mortis") of these .mpc files ... I just want to get them onto a CD, and be able to rip it back to my PC as mp3's. Can that be done? Elst I just s**tcan this archive.

I thought I was doing good with mp3's, then someone has to come along and bugger things up for me! :D

MistressValerie said:
It's a highly compressed format called "Musepack": www.musepack.net It can be played in the VLC Media Player among others (links at Musepack home page).

The link didn't work, Val. It took me to my ISP's search engine asking me if I mis-spelled it.

Thanks anyway! :)

EDIT: found the website ... T.Y.

Last edited:
You can use this to burn mpc files to cda. The file is splitted with winrar.

Hope it helps.....

Attachments

• burrrn_package.part1.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • burrrn_package.part2.rar
    634.3 KB · Views: 6
janus4385 said:
You can use this to burn mpc files to cda. The file is splitted with winrar.

Hope it helps.....

What a coincidence! I happened to find that little gem of a program just today after cruising the MusePack forums. I discovered there is also a Nero plugin that I want to try out as well.

I really don't see what the big deal is with these mpc files...the folders were almost twice as large as the associated mp3 folders!

Problem solved...!!! Burrn made a perfect CD-Audio quality CD that I was able to rip back to my compy in mp3 format.

for those interested, here is the link for the burrn program:

http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

more info on the Musepack forum:

http://www.musepack.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116

Storm_Cat said:
What a coincidence! I happened to find that little gem of a program just today after cruising the MusePack forums. I discovered there is also a Nero plugin that I want to try out as well.

I really don't see what the big deal is with these mpc files...the folders were almost twice as large as the associated mp3 folders!

Problem solved...!!! Burrn made a perfect CD-Audio quality CD that I was able to rip back to my compy in mp3 format.

for those interested, here is the link for the burrn program:

http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

more info on the Musepack forum:

http://www.musepack.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116

I guess I wasn't that helpfull then... oh well, it is the thought that counts, right??????????????????
Anyway, I'm glad you were already able to solve your little problem with the files :D :D :D

janus4385 said:
I guess I wasn't that helpfull then... oh well, it is the thought that counts, right??????????????????
Anyway, I'm glad you were already able to solve your little problem with the files :D :D :D

You were helpful more than you know janus. I'm sure there are more than me that will find the info helpful.

What's New

5/30/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back