• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Mr. Dave's Thoughts on the NFL Season Thus Far...

Dave2112

Level of Cherry Feather
- Not since the heydays of the Niners and Cowboys has the NFC been such a two-team division...and the Falcons are iffy to boot. Come on man, seven teams are 5-7 and have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. Is this parity finally leveling the playing field or does the NFC just plain suck?

- How long do Giants fans put up with Tom Coughlin's shit? You pull an MVP-level quarterback while you're still in the playoff hunt?!? Especially when the real problem is the offensive line, a total lack of a pass-rush and an all-talk and no-action tight end. It seems that Eli "Whine-Ass" Manning isn't the Messiah they thought he'd be. (San Diego don't look so bad now, does it, cry-ass?) Here's an interesting scenario: If GM's kept thier balls and didn't let an untested rookie with a pedigree dictate thier jobs, here's what we'd have...Drew Brees would still be doing well in San Diego while Manning remained a hold-out, Rothlisberger would be winning games for the Giants and the Steelers would be starting Phillip Rivers. Something to think about.

- Rookie of the Year? Ben Rothlisberger. End of list.

- Question: If the New England Patriots win the Super Bowl this year, does Bob Kraft purchase rings for most of the NFL officials, too?

- Speaking of the Pats, should they again win the Super Bowl, will next year's "First Place Schedule" include Bowling Green and Notre Dame?

- With all the talk in other sports of performance-enhancer abuse, I'm starting to think we should run a check on Brett Favre to see if he's an android or something.

- Does Indianapolis need a defense if they can keep putting up 50-some points a game?

- And whatever happened to finishing the season before you quit as head coach? Two this season with another possible. What the hell is that?

- If the Buffalo Bills, who are currently at 6-6 with a not-that-hard schedule ahead of them, can somehow make the playoffs...they get my vote for Season Turnaround of the Fucking Decade.

- Who's the idiot who decided Ricky Williams could come back into the league after a slap-on-the-wrist 4-game suspension? Well, this is the same league that let three accused murderers keep playing for the Ravens. No wonder thier defense is so good, guys are afraid they're going to get capped.

- For the last eight years or so, at least one team in the Super Bowl has been a complete surprise. So why is everyone so absolutely obsessed with predicting a Patriots/Eagles game? Mark my words, one of them, if not both, will screw it up and let a 9-7 in, the way this season's been going. Actually, in all seriousness, and laugh now while you can...I'm going with New York Jets/Minnesota...just to piss everyone off. :rolleyes: (Hey, Terrell Owens and Donovan McNabb could both get the Asian Flu...)

- Boy, those college coaches are sure doing well in the NFL over the last five years, eh? Tyrone Willingham will look pretty snazzy in one of those Dolphins jackets.

- ...and with the first pick in the draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...(I swear, everyone in that orginization is to blame for this collosal collapse)

- If the playoffs are as strange as this season has been, it's going to be something to see. That's all for now...

:cool:

gotta disagree with you on the minnesota pick. they are one of the biggest choker teams off the decade. not just that im from mass, but the patriots do look pretty much invincible.

i know i'm biased, but i still think buffalo could win at least up to the AFC Championship game.

Dave2112 said:
-

- Boy, those college coaches are sure doing well in the NFL over the last five years, eh? Tyrone Willingham will look pretty snazzy in one of those Dolphins jackets.

So would Nick Saban. -smiles- Im a huge dolphins fan. Just so happens, that Master Kim, a friend and my old Tae Kwon Do sensei once coached at Miami(cleveland and dallas also). He was strength and conditioning. He told me that Nick is in line for the Job. Lets all hope that happens

Further thoughts... :)
The reason the AFC is soooo much better NOW is that they were trying to catch up the NFC in the 90's that all of the smash mouth football coaches got jobs with AFC teams and turned them into NFC teams and the NFC lost that talent and didn't "adjust" and right now the AFC is just killer!!
There could be a 10-6 AFC team that DOESN'T make the playoffs where a NFC team could make it to the playoffs with 8 or 9 wins easy...crazy I know...

Ummm...what WAS Brett Favre on today!!!
And what was Donovan on for that matter...
Favre was just a mess...the backup QB threw 2 TD's inthe 4th quarter of todays game...as an Eagles fan I WAS worried about the Packers today...they had a real shot at getting the Birds, but the Birds just squashed em...

Ummm..can somebody please stop Payton Manning...Holy Cow...another 51 point game...and Tennessee actally had the lead for a little while...
29 points against anyother team would be ok...but not against the Colts this year...WOW...if the Colts are NOT in the SB...something is wrong...they have enough this year to beat the Pats...I think anyway.

Oh yeah...where did Buffalo come from?!!

I think right now Buffalo is playing the best ball of any team in the league. I didn't say scoring the most points, having the most feared defense or throwing a zillion touchdown passes. I said playing the best ball of any team in the league. I think the way they are playing - as of this moment - they could beat the pats. Also I'm tired of all the waaa waaa crying about the pats. They don't make the schedule they just play it. Is it their fault Ricky left the Dolphins and thus eliminated a potentional threat in their division? And when you have the best team - who do you really consider competition? What do you want, you want the pats to play the eagles, steelers and colts every other weekend? It doesn't work that way. Talk about referees all you want. If the other team was so great would the game really come down to a call by an official? Just my thoughts.

here are my thoughts on the NFL.....

the NFC is horrible. Philly is the pride and joy, but really, they arent that good. think about it. the NFC is weak this year. no doubt about it. so, Philly plays 12 of their 16 games, against the NFC. out of those 12, 6 of them come from their own weak division. i thought Green Bay was going to win, but oh well...i was wrong.

the AFC is good! who is going to win it? New England? maybe. Pittsburgh? maybe. Indianapolis? maybe. there are so many teams and now the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals are making a push.

i would disagree that the Bills are playing the best ball right now. they have a nice little streak going, but Pittsburgh is playing the best ball and so is New England. hell, the San Diego Chargers are playing really well. Buffalo MIGHT make the playoffs, but they are NOT playing the best football in the league.

as for Ricky Williams, he needs to go away. the league was about to let him come back, sit out 4 games and he was good to go. Ricky says no. he wants to smoke his weed. this man is a complete fool. weed over career. he is a poster child for what happens when drugs control your life. moron.

i do feel bad for Dave Wannesdat (spelling). is it his fault he planned his whole offseason game plan around Ricky Williams, only to have that idiot bail out right before training camp? you cant come up with a new game plan for the season when training camp starts. it takes a long long time to prepare an offensive scheme and if Ricky bails, that is not his fault. he should have been given another year.

my Superbowl picks are still Indy (AFC) vs either Seattle or Green Bay (NFC). i just dont think Philly is going to make it. i know the other two arent exactly stellar, but the Superbowl always brings us a surprise team. a New England vs Philadelphia isnt exactly surprising.....

as for my beloved 49ers, i hope whoever the #1 draft pick is, is ready to tolerate losing for a few years. the 49ers organization is in chaos and will be for a few years. they need Eddie Debartolo back.

Jet Takeoff?

Um, why the hell doesnt Chad Pennington ever throw to one of the most exciting players in football...Santana Moss??? Oh and heres a thought, too many marquee players are getting hurt. Its bad for the game, I know injuries are part or the game but I dont want to see Nate Burleson catching TD passes from Daunte Culpepper, I want to see Randy Moss! It just seems like every team has some washed up backup playing in place of a star. Im getting sick of it! Chris Chandler indeed!

You can forget seattle going anywhere. they are huge chokers just like minnesota. two teams known for having high hopes and starting off strong at the beginning of the year, then folding faster than superman on laundry day!

Good call dave, if the pats do win this years S.B they should buy all the officals f**kin homes on the beach wid a BMW in the garage.

Being a die hard Raiders fan im still hurting wif the call in the AFC champ. game a few years back, now watching some cals this year someone should look at the pats pay roll cause im sure the officials are on it.

Im sad to say but the NFC is now only a 1 horse race, Flacons got smacked and the Vikings have NO defence and cant play out of a dome. Again the Eagles showed there power by beating a red hot packers team that had won their last six.

The AFC again is a dominant force. I dont think Pittsburgh will go far, even thou Big Ben is playing well he will be found out, the Jags nearly pulled it off!!!!!!!

Im sooooooooo happy that Eli is failing, i hate the Giants but more so i hate how he and his father used there power to change the draft then i hear every announcer in his back pocket praising his below par performance.

I think the Eagles will win the big 1 this year; the lack of quality teams opposing them in the NFC finals will keep them fresh along with the AFC team hurting each other will allow the Eagles to win it.

On a end note the Raiders have shown us that 1) the 3-4 system is hard to use. 2) They will be a threat if they had a running game. 3)How good Charles Woodson really is, his so called replacements (walker n Asamougha) keep on getting burnt, expect #24 to remain in the silver and balck next year. Heck Davis got a new coach for him and shipped off Calahan (what is he doing now???)

2005 will be the RAIDERS year. i hope lol

Dave2112 said:
-
- Rothlisberger would be winning games for the Giants and the Steelers would be starting Phillip Rivers. Something to think about.

Dave, you gotta be kidding me. You can put Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, or any other top echelon QB of all time and they would not put up the same numbers with that porous offensive line. They can't pick up a blitz even when they know it's coming. This falling apart is not Warners fault. He takes a three step drop and has a defensive end or linebacker in his face. They can't block to save their own life. Speaking in hindsight, they should have gone for Gallery in the draft.

I dont like Dave Wandstadt, but i dont blame him that the Phins sucked this year..i was disappointed tho, that he gave up on them. Although, id imagine he was stressed out. anyways..Go Phins! Im still Loyal to them and never would front run against them.

SOMEONES GONNA REPLY TO MY POST!!!!!!

Ahem! Now then, too many marquee players are injured this year. I wanted to see Randy Moss, Steve McNair,Kellen Winslow,Koren Robinson,etc.,etc. Now Marc Bulger and John Abraham are hurt. Look im not gonna tune in every week to see some washed up backup throwing passes or running the ball, I know injuries are a part of the game but the only bright spot for the Niners was Julian Peterson! Cmon in 2004 the quality of football is that of the XFL! Just washed up backups as I said before, as a Jet fan I had to see Quincy Carter for 3 games! Whoopee! I slept through all 3 games! LOL! Look if I cant see the stars of the NFL ill watch WWE wrestling, Gene Snitsky is one mean motherfu**er!! Oh and SOMEONES GONNA RESPOND TO THIS GODDAMN POST!!! EVERYONE IGNORES ME ON THIS SITE...AND ON TICKLETHEATER TOO!!! RESPOND DAMMITT!!!!!!

You think Billy Volek and Ben Roethlisberger are washed up back ups? Billy took over for McNair and Roethlisberger took over for Maddox. I know you are talkin about Zona in playing shaun king, Miami just tryin to find someone good on the offensive, and the bears trying to find them a QB. Even if my team is second worse, i still love the NFL.

You Got it Wrong Daddy-O!!

Rothesburger is rookie of the year but hes on the Steelers who run the ball ALL GAME LONG!! Even in the Steelers case you have a star (Staley) being replaced by a washed up veteran (Bettis). Volek is a good example though, I want to see the MVP Steve Mcnair not some waste of protoplasm called "Billy Volek". I want to see Randy catching TD passes from Culpepper not some guy called "Nate Burleson". Now rejoice all you Ram fans you get to see Chris Chandler QB your team! Yay!! Chandler the guy who could get hurt playing Playstation football! Sorry but I miss Marino,Elway,L.Taylor,Barry,R.Craig,Bruce Smith,White, etc.,etc. Those are guys I want to tune in to see everyweek because they were men of steel!! Im sorry I just cant get excited with "Billy Volek". I know injuries are part of football and I accept that but in 2004 it just seems that with the depletion of star players...injuries ARE football!!

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back