• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Musicians

Wonderful! What kinds of music? Do you perform shows or make recordings?

I do not limit myself to a particular genre of music,however,I will not sing rap or metal music because it can greatly harm your vocal cords.I have two recitals every year and I will sing karaoke when the opportunity arises,but I have many milestones to cross before I am ready to record or do my own show.

I do not limit myself to a particular genre of music,however,I will not sing rap or metal music because it can greatly harm your vocal cords.I have two recitals every year and I will sing karaoke when the opportunity arises,but I have many milestones to cross before I am ready to record or do my own show.

If you do Progressive/Ambient/Celtic/4th-World Electronic "Space Music" maybe we could jam sometime...

If you do Progressive/Ambient/Celtic/4th-World Electronic "Space Music" maybe we could jam sometime...

I have never tried it but I would be more then,willing to give it a go_Of course I have to like the song because if I don't I just can't get into it and it won't sound good.The closest I've probably come to this kind of music is from a band called ''Collide''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4aoF2ykipo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khcKWNMx58E

this is one of my favorites by them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoJwoyAel98

I always wanted to try and sing some of these songs but my teacher wouldn't be able to teach me such songs and she didn't like it because of the electronic altering but then again she didn't even enjoy Evanescence because she said she did weird things with her voice for dramatic effect.She did try and teach me Evanescence though but I couldn't pull it off at the time.

I sing and play punky type rock and roll. Not necessarily always punk, but I like a really raw tone.

That's why screamo and the mess that counts for metal nowadays sucks. Nobody has any sense of tone.

Interesting. It sounds like they're doing Drop D tuning. I'm not noticing any effects out of the ordinary being used on her voice, though.

As to Evanescence, there's a girl here who tends bar that sounds so much like her that, given the right line-up of musicians, I'd build a band around her. A second one, I mean. I'm already doing one.

No electronic noise for me. Give me a 'wall of sound' from REAL PLAYERS.
There is nothing like crisp clean sound of an instrument in capable hands.
Professional or talented amatuer makes no difference.

Yes, I play trumpet, but took up the Irish Tin Whistle and Flute Recorder. I sometimes play with some of the guys in the Civil War groups.

The 69th PVI (Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry) has some very talented people. They have alread put out two CD's with traditional Civil War music.

Interesting. It sounds like they're doing Drop D tuning. I'm not noticing any effects out of the ordinary being used on her voice, though.

As to Evanescence, there's a girl here who tends bar that sounds so much like her that, given the right line-up of musicians, I'd build a band around her. A second one, I mean. I'm already doing one.

Their original axeman, Ben Moody, was a big lover of drop-D and DADGAD. I used to jam in the same circles as him through the late 90s in Little Rock. He was pretty good, really! I just never could get into that grindy, fizzy Mesa/Boogie tone. I was such a weirdo back then playing SRV and Eddie Van Halen stuff through a tube combo while everybody else was like "OMG MUTALAKA OMG OMG" on their solid state Randal stacks turned up to 2.

I just couldn't get into it :p

That's why screamo and the mess that counts for metal nowadays sucks. Nobody has any sense of tone.

You make it sound as though tonality were an unconditionally fundamental component of all music :punk:

Thank goodness dear Schoenberg isn't around to see what little impact his innovations had on the art :lol

:D :D :D Someone took a 100-level music theory class! :D :D :D

When a guitarist refers to their "tone" or someone else's "tone", they are referring to the intangible sonic qualities of the instrument or instrument/amplifier combination, or in your textbook-perfect world, timbre.

It's also used to refer to the quality of the sound of instruments such as...

Viol family
Woodwinds
Vibrophone
Xylophone
Phonophone
Banjo spaceship
Mr. Rogers
You

Omg I just got Cosby'd.

Well I guess that'll show me for trying to be a smart-arse :lol Now I'm curious as to what you mean when you say "Nobody has any sense of tone". Seems to me they just have a different preference to you, or are you saying you think they just distort the sound as much as possible with no thought as to the significance it has in the music?

Btw the day I take a theory lesson from a guitarist is the day Mahatma Gandhi's desiccated ashes reconstitute themselves into an undead, animated corpse that walks the world feasting on the brains of us all. It's called a crotchet, not a quarter note! You got a problem with the word crotchet??

I don't know what they are doing but the names of the people behind Collide are Statik and KaRIN I don't know how exactly to pronounce her name if it's karen or Corine but she does the vocals and he uses electronics to produce the sound.They have their own company called Noiseplus Music

I like to play classic rock songs on my acoustic, I love the sound and how you're not overwhelmed by the music. My singing is a little shaky though, I should take some voice lessons.

I love performing, and of late it's become a far more focal part of my life than it's been the past couple years. Takes up a good amount of my time.

Currently, I'm primarily a keyboardist, but also play bass (my original and most proficient instrument), some guitar and various random exotic instruments.

I can sing as well, but tend to enjoy playing more than singing these days. I was usually the lead vocalist in bands I was in, but now I rather enjoy singing lead on a couple songs per set and just doing harmonies and focusing on the instrument for the most part.

Nice to see other musicians about. :)

Last edited:
I majored in music..my primary instrument was the flute..

but i also can play

piano
percussion
trumpet
oboe
harpsichord
cello
piccolo
and bass flute

Wow,that's awesome Izzy!I didn't think someone could learn to play that many instruments

I play music inspired by black metal and thrash metal i use alot of keyboards and synth piano and i sing and play guitar and other instruments as well i perform live also

No electronic noise for me. Give me a 'wall of sound' from REAL PLAYERS.
There is nothing like crisp clean sound of an instrument in capable hands.
Professional or talented amatuer makes no difference.

Yes, I play trumpet, but took up the Irish Tin Whistle and Flute Recorder. I sometimes play with some of the guys in the Civil War groups.

The 69th PVI (Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry) has some very talented people. They have alread put out two CD's with traditional Civil War music.

(Used to work with a Re-enacter BTW)

Ever listen to Jon Hassell? He's a trumpet player who uses a LOT of electronic sounds....
He calls it "4th World" music. First heard him on this wonderful late-night radio program called "Echoes" on 88.5 WXPN. I've gotten hooked on a lot of music on this station...

I play music inspired by black metal and thrash metal i use alot of keyboards and synth piano and i sing and play guitar and other instruments as well i perform live also

I played synths in a very original Doom/Death Metal band way back in 93-ish. Were they using keyboards in Black Metal overseas back then? Cause no one else was doing it over here...

We played in Drop-D tuning usually; tune the guitars down a whole step and its a much heavier tone...

Btw the day I take a theory lesson from a guitarist is the day Mahatma Gandhi's desiccated ashes reconstitute themselves into an undead, animated corpse that walks the world feasting on the brains of us all. It's called a crotchet, not a quarter note! You got a problem with the word crotchet??

That happened on Supernatural- Sam and Dean had to beat the crap outta Gandhi! (well, a monster impersonating Gandhi)

Plenty of guitarists live for "tone". BTW I stopped reading Guitar magazines cause every article was the same...

"I'd rather play one note with feeling than 100 notes without it" (or words to that effect) is said in EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE of EVERY SINGLE GUITAR MAGAZINE EVER.....

That happened on Supernatural- Sam and Dean had to beat the crap outta Gandhi! (well, a monster impersonating Gandhi)

Plenty of guitarists live for "tone". BTW I stopped reading Guitar magazines cause every article was the same...

"I'd rather play one note with feeling than 100 notes without it" (or words to that effect) is said in EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE of EVERY SINGLE GUITAR MAGAZINE EVER.....

I'm just a snob for musical education. I've tried working with a guitarist who couldn't read music and didn't even know the notes on her own guitar. Soon as I started speaking in chords I'd lost her. As a result, I have an unfairly low opinion of most guitarists :glare

How the heck do you play a single note with feeling... Maybe if you were bawling your eyes out as you pluck the string.

(Used to work with a Re-enacter BTW)

Ever listen to Jon Hassell? He's a trumpet player who uses a LOT of electronic sounds....
He calls it "4th World" music. First heard him on this wonderful late-night radio program called "Echoes" on 88.5 WXPN. I've gotten hooked on a lot of music on this station...

Ah, John Hassell. And Brian Eno too!

My instrument is the computer. I'll make field recordings, or sample other sounds and then ram those sounds through a few digital sound processing applications until I've mutated the sound just the way I want it. Then I'll mix the resulting mutated sounds in a multitracker.

Marie as a music major with instruments i had to learn more than one instrument..my best effort was with the cello...and of course the bass and piccolo flute has the same fingerings as the regular flute..as does the saxophone..

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back