• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

My thoughts for a site, need some feedback

Is this a good idea?

• Absolutely

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Only if it is completely free to post

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I think it is fair to charge a small fee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it is fair to get a free video

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • This idea sux.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hmmm.....This sounds similar to what I did with my site...though I did all the information myself rather than asking them to post it. Most of the sites I contacted were good about passing along the info. or giving me access long enough to pull the info. myself.

It was more on the consumer side that problems arose. While there were some people who actually paid attention and went to the individual sites if they saw something they were interested in, quite a few people were writing me yelling that they couldn't access the clips. Even though I was VERY clear that it was simply a directory of what others had and not the place to get the actual clips, they wanted me to provide it all. LOL I guess you can't win with some people.

Anyway, good luck if you decide to do something like this. It's a good service to the community if people use it properly. If you're interested, I can send you the file with what I had. It needs updating, but would give you a good start on getting the info. out there. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Ann

The poll would perhaps be better as a multiple-choices-allowed one; free clips are orthogonal to the other choices ;)

Aside from that, isn't this essentially a more formal version of what should be in the clips form at the moment? Perhaps the mods could start to enforce a stricter template-based approach to first posts. Just an idea anyway; would mean we'd not need an extra site since we already have a place for links to clips here.

Great Minds Think Alike?

AG, I've been working on the same idea (well, somewhat; I was going to actually post the clips) for several months now. The only problem with your idea is the same problem Ann alluded to: people will be upset if/when they can't reach clips because a producer's site is down or because the producer switched the clips on its site, and they will take it out on you. Sure, you could verify links every day and all, but we're all human, and I imagine you're bound to slip up once or twice.

The hardest part of all this is to find web space. If you can find some, please, let me know. Those free sites have such small limits on bandwidth :(

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back