• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Need help with a research project

dcs8240

Hello, and thanks for clicking on the post.

My name is Don and I work in the medical field. I am working on a interest research project involving tickling and the sympathetic nervous system. I am searching for people who might be interested in helping out. What I need for the first phase is

1) A female between the ages of 18 - 60.
2) free during the weekday mornings or early afternoon.
3) live within 100 miles of Rochester, NY.

If you meet the above criteria and would like to find out more, send me a reply. The information page is too long to post here, If you are comfortable you can IM me with your email address and I will send you the information that way.

lol...Good try "Don"...in the "medical field". I'm sure your research involves restraining and tickling your female "research" subject. Yeah....that's believable. You're not just trying to get a willing ticklee.....this is for the good of the medical world!! What a noble cause! :)

Yeah, it sounds implausible, Tklfann... but let potential responders take your wise words of advice and decide for themselves. We do in fact have a thriving medical research community here in Rochester. While I agree with your skepticism, anyone that wants to should talk to him themselves. Even if it's not an academic "research project", it might be what they're into. I am grateful that you put your cautions into this post, in the case of newer members which might be gullible.

I have never spoken with the OP. Believe me or not: I don't care either way.

//R

Yeah, me too.

Research project: You show up, and then I TIGGLETHEFUKKOUTTAYOU.

Need I remind anyone here that this is probably a RP you tried as a kid? Did your "subjects" really believe it was for medical research? I know I used that RP with much success in high school :)

Just saying not to bash on the dude for trying. Words of caution to potential participants are always welcome.

//R

Sorry it took a while to respond, as I was working the past 2 days. Thank you for you honest skepticism, however I do in fact work in the medical field as a emergency medicine provider. I was never intending to have the research be published, this was stickily a interest project only. The sympathetic nervous system affects the skin secondarily once activated and that is the focus of the project. The best way to get a skin response is to tickle, and since this is a forum about tickling I thought this would be a good place to start. Phase 1 was going to be all females, phase 2 all males, however with your response should I just offer it to anybody. Your thoughts on that?

If it's really just pure research, why not start with the males? That might give you a bit more credibility, and you'd probably get a better response too.

I'm a full time EMT... I don't see how this research is viable to helping anything related to the job lol but if you say so.

Yes it is pure research. If need be I can start with males, I have no problem with that. My initial thought of going with females first is that most often they are very cautious and guarded, therefore if they said yes it would lead to trust and credibility. So what is better, to edit the above thread or start over?

If it's really just pure research, why not start with the males? That might give you a bit more credibility, and you'd probably get a better response too.

To laughingisgood,

First off congrats on being an EMT, please be safe. Second, in short the concept of the project was never intended to advance medicine, which is why it is not being published. I came up with a hypothesis while studying and thought I would try and test it independently. Does the project expose something that can advance medicine, I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

You sound legitimate, but I think more people would like to get more information from you about this research project... just to ensure that you're not trying to pull a fast one on us.

Can you provide us with links to your (other) work/research?

Can you give us pictures that apply to this endeavor?

To recycler1973,

To your first question; I have two research papers I did through school that are rough drafts and in paper form sitting on my book shelf. One is 8 pages and the other is 7, I have no idea how I would even start to be able to get those into a link.

With the second question; no pictures, but I do have the project concept that I could cut and paste under the album section of my profile. This way I assume people could read that.

I wouldn't expect the OP to "out" his himself professionally any more than the rest of us want to. I think that's an unreasonable request on the public facing side of this forum. (I have had non-members write emails to me based on my easily figured out email address they gleaned from Google searches of this forum)

It comes down to the basic rules of meeting a stranger in person... Take some time to establish trust, set up a "safe" meet if you do trust them (including *someone* knowing vaguely what you're up to and when to expect to hear from you), and only do it if you feel like it will satisfy your own needs - whatever they are.

Good luck, DCS!

//R

I have two research papers I did through school that are rough drafts and in paper form sitting on my book shelf. One is 8 pages and the other is 7, I have no idea how I would even start to be able to get those into a link.

Could you scan a few pages from each and put them in the pictures section of your profile?

With the second question; no pictures, but I do have the project concept that I could cut and paste under the album section of my profile. This way I assume people could read that.

That would work too.

I hope that you do these activities; it will go a long way towards illustrating your legitimacy. Good luck!

I have two research papers I did through school that are rough drafts and in paper form sitting on my book shelf. One is 8 pages and the other is 7, I have no idea how I would even start to be able to get those into a link.

Could you scan a few pages from each and put them in the pictures section of your profile?

That would work too.

I hope that you do these activities; it will go a long way towards illustrating your legitimacy. Good luck!

Thanks for the input, I should be able to do that this week.

On my profile page I have uploaded 3 excerpt pages from two previous research papers that I did while in school. They are both rough drafts since I no longer have access to the final copies. I have also added the project concept page on my current research project, which is what this post is about. Anyone interested, take a look and let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

The OP has been a member of this site since 2006. He definitely didn't just stumble upon this forum out of a google search for this research project.

I have had some good discussions with the OP via PM. I mentioned that I (and probably many of you) played "research" games when we were young, as a way to make tickling more palatable to our peers. I believe he is legit, but... it really doesn't matter.

If it sounds like fun and something you want to do, then go for it in a safe way (he has also confirmed that safety is part of his project - first meeting happens in a public location). If it isn't for you, don't bother replying. Sounds pretty simple to me.

//R

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back