• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New hope for singles: dating site with community features

vegantickle

TMF Novice
How about a clean, mainstream dating site, with tickling related questions?
I am glad to inform you that in many ways, this project is on its way.

It is quite obvious, that all the readers of this post are a minority group in the population when it comes to their love for tickling. But you are also a part of other minority groups as well, are you? Be they sexual preferences, religious beliefs, ideologies, or whatever, there are hips of “non standard” parameters that we can characterize ourselves by, and that are important to us in our spouse too.
This new project is aimed to answer this need, as well as pose an alternative to the commercial dating site model.

Below I will post a thorough review of the project, and in another post – an action alert for assistance, both generally, and in choosing these questions that will appear on the website.

But for now I will just ask you to read the review below, and comment. I know it is long, but – it is an idea I find difficult to put in just a few sentences.

Your cooperation will be most valued.
VT

Last edited:
Launching a new concept: A communities driven dating site

Community sites meet a dating service?

What is it all about?
Everybody has these things that are really important to them when looking for a mate. Each one of us is different. We engage in different lifestyles, habits, hobbies, and practices; We have different ideologies and beliefs; We differ in our personality in countless ways; and we have our specific sexual preferences. All these MATTER when looking for a spouse!
Yet dating sites typically have a “one size fits all” questionnaire with a handful of parameters to fill in. Of course, you can write about yourself in the free text area, but you can hardly ever SEARCH for like minded people by anything else than the standard parameters: height / age / body type etc.

On the other hand, the internet hosts countless online communities, people who gathered around their special interests and characteristics, but they are not really dating sites, are they?

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a dating site with multiple questionnaires?
Where online communities could define their own questionnaire, and all users who chose to would take them (and people just love to take questionnaires!)?
Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to include in the search form something like: “find my a user that answered “x” on question “y” in questionnaire “z”?
Wouldn't it be wonderful – to enjoy this ability to search by the parameters that matter TO YOU, yet on the other hand enjoy the large statistical exposure of a “mainstream” fully featured dating site?
And of course, if these questionnaires are evolve some info you don't want just everybody to see, to set up permissions to who can view your answers (or see that you took this questionnaire at all!

The programming to fire this project is almost complete. (yet right now you will only see a screen shot if you visit its domain) All needed now – is the general community – and this community – to embrace this project, and become an active part of it!

The name of this project is Open-Personals.com

Currently supporting English speaking countries, but may be translated in the future to other languages / countries as well...

But keep that thought in mind, because there is more..:

The non-commercial model
In an ideal world everybody would be open and honest about who they are and what they are looking for. People would help other people just for the sake of helping out, and making others happy. Things would be based on social justice, cooperation, contribution, and commitment.

Most dating sites are commercial, in the sense that the ability to USE THEM FULLY costs money. It is a business. You pay money in return for the ability to contact other users. It's not like they allow you to contact the other user because they see an opportunity to help and are keen to do so; and it is not like you support this website because you are involved with its success somehow. Business is business.

The Open-Personals Model.
Inspired by the “open source” idea, Open-Personals is based on community commitment, support, and involvement.

In the software community: The open source model asserts that the source code of a software is available to anyone for free; That the use of the software is generally free; that volunteer programmers are invited to contribute their “plugins” or “modules” (and often actually be a key part in the core development); and that development is often supported by donations. Obviously, some people feel enough identification with these projects to donate to them.

And in the general singles community? Well, you are involved! You, the members of different online communities, define the questionnaires (which are, in a sense, contributed modules!); The use of the service is free; and yes, since there are bills to pay at the end of the month, and many man-hours behind the operation of the site – donations will be gladly accepted... It won't have to be anything fancy, but we are sure that if you meet someone nice through the website, you will be kind enough to donate a small amount (securely, through PayPal) to support this project.
We are looking into the option for people to sponsor exposures of a banner from a non-profit social justice group / organization to their liking (and hence support both the non profit organization and the project), but that is for the future. Right now it will be based on donations.

Epilogue: what the internet can and can not do:
Cyberspace is, obviously, not the real world. The internet lucks those fine and vital forms of interaction, tone of voice, body language – and other things that make CHEMISTRY between people.
What the internet CAN give you is two things:
1.Statistical strength: You have “access” to a lot more other people, which you wouldn't have access to otherwise. All you have to do is find the needle to in the hay stack.... which leads us to:
2.Automation: Ways to automatically filter out those obviously less compatible, and keep those that have certain quantifiable characteristics.
The Internet can find you quite a few “compatible” matches, and hopefully, you will find from within those matches somebody you will actually fall in love with.

Open-personals is a concept that addresses these two issues: it allows you to search and filter for the right people in a more flexible way then ever seen before; And being free, it has a large potential for rapid growth, and a large base of users. Also, given that it is free, it is a more “sticky” dating site than others. In payed dating sites, not all users are really active there all the time, because they don't have access to all the services all the time. This is obviously not the case with Open-Personals.com

Open personals - now open

www.open-personals.com is now open to the public. No custom questionnaire is in yet, though. Some will hopefully be entered soon, "ours" included, (but your input is vital!).

This is the time to ask you,
1. To register, even if there are very few people on the site. Somebody has to be first...
2. To give input in the tickling community questionnaire thread
3. To raise suggestions to other communities to involve in the projects, and additional questionnaires!
4. To join and assist. There is hips to do, starting with stuff that just involved surfing the net, and ending with some graphics related issues.​

VT

You want to HELP somebody find a date, don't charge them for it. I've seen enough sites with paid off girls on their front page claiming you can find love in a second. No thanks.

You lost me here, guys..:

Who is charging anybody?
What paid off girls are you refering to? there is no such thing here.
And what are you not ready of?

It may be my english that made me misunderstand, but if I got you right you are simply bashing my volunteer project. Thanks a lot!

I just looked through the page again. Sorry. I thought it was a pay site at first glance. Again, apologies. I will participate and help in any way I can in the near future.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back