• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

new site critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkpatience

TMF Expert
I like the new banner and menu schemes. The dark border also adds a nice new look to the forums.

There's just a couple of things I think could use a little more work.

The borders separating threads and such are so bright and similar that it looks as if there are no borders.
Bright blue text on a bright white background might not provide the best contrast. This mainly applies to text that is not bold.

The new site looks great. Keep up the good work. :laughing:

*I just noticed that the handle of the poster is now directly above the post rather than to the upper left hand side.

Last edited:
I like the fact that the advertising banner is not so obtrusive at the top... more subdued is better, IMHO. The artwork at the top of the page? I am hoping that it will not remain the same for very long and will be changed out frequently, and feature many of the artists that contribute to this site. I am still working out some navigation issues, but they aren't insurmountable.

Overall, the change gets a B+ from me, if anyone's keeping score.

I'm a wee tad unhappy with uploads of late, but I'm not sure if it's tied to the new skin/functions or other matters. One of my favorite things here has always been the speedy, carefree ability to throw up some goofy pix on a whim, thanks to the user-friendly attachment-doo'hickey. But lately, it takes many seconds longer. For all I know, it's a problem with my rig. It's only really a drag when it 'times-out' on me, and that's still relatively rare. A minor gripe for sure.

Okay, as a sort of update: It was likely just my rig that day, as the attachments seem to load almost as quickly as before in the past several days. :happy:

What happened to the classic theme ? All those new themes look truly bad.

yes i want my blue back...but i'm patient...i'm glad i read this first..

I love the logo at the top of the style I'm using now, with the crowd in a movie-theater watching some bug-eyed-monster tickle-attacking a damsel in distress! :ayyy:

yes it's LIttleBigHead's art thingie..i've got it to for now..until i get my blue back??? sniffs..lol

What happened to the logos?!

I like the new "TT 2009" configuration.

Pretty fancy. :happy:

But what happened to the artistic logos that appear to the top right of the screen?

Is that only for the 2008 setup?

Or will it be imported to the 2009 setup at some point?

I like the new "TT 2009" configuration.

Pretty fancy. :happy:

But what happened to the artistic logos that appear to the top right of the screen?

Is that only for the 2008 setup?

Or will it be imported to the 2009 setup at some point?

No, the 2009 will not have that feature but I will be opening a section soon for all art directly related to the site itself. This will include milestones, logos, and other works of art created by resident artists from the board here.

but the neato blue background option is gone now? :sad:

but the neato blue background option is gone now? :sad:

It's 2009, babe. Time you and I let go of the old and embraced the new! :super_hap

I am actually fine with these new skins, but it takes me abit to remember where the poster's names appear in these formats. You know, "old dog-new tricks" and all that...

It's 2009, babe. Time you and I let go of the old and embraced the new! :super_hap

I am actually fine with these new skins, but it takes me abit to remember where the poster's names appear in these formats. You know, "old dog-new tricks" and all that...

i don't mean the old blue..they had recently added a newer all blue background..like dark blue sort of..hmm it was all blue..i can't remember the name of the format..but it was called the new blue thingie i think...

I can't seem to be finding things under the new interface.
I don't care for new. I'd like familiar old back, if at all possible.
Site feels like a stranger now.

I have to say,Im not super excited with all the adds on the side of the home page. I dont liek them because they seem to have replaced the link i could click on for "New Posts" since my last visit. I want that link back!!!!!

i don't mean the old blue..they had recently added a newer all blue background..like dark blue sort of..hmm it was all blue..i can't remember the name of the format..but it was called the new blue thingie i think...

Yes, there was a skin called TT New Blue which is not updated to 3.8.0 yet.

I can't seem to be finding things under the new interface.
I don't care for new. I'd like familiar old back, if at all possible.
Site feels like a stranger now.

Same with this.

I have to say,Im not super excited with all the adds on the side of the home page. I dont liek them because they seem to have replaced the link i could click on for "New Posts" since my last visit. I want that link back!!!!!

The only change with the homepage is taking away the redundant Welcome Block. There is now, and has been, a New Posts link in the header section. In particular with the new 2009 style it's the 3rd white tab over from the left.

I'm also aware of the IE7 issue with the tabs in the 2009 style. I am looking into fixing that as well, although Firefox is much sexier. ;)

HI
can't update, pages are very long to upload, it is too slow for me now ?? only me because the problem is only here at tickletheater
thx

HI
can't update, pages are very long to upload, it is too slow for me now ?? only me because the problem is only here at tickletheater
thx

Are you on a dial-up connection, or are you using something like Cable or DSL? The old styles are selectable btw, but they may have some functionality issues. I did not personally experience any testing them out, but just letting you all know.

Dude, i see that you posted photos of where the tabs were i asked about, and I do not see those anywhere when i log on to TT.

Dude, i see that you posted photos of where the tabs were i asked about, and I do not see those anywhere when i log on to TT.

Post a screenshot then please so that I may see what you're talking about.

All the options should be at the top of the forum, no matter what setting you're on...

I've checked... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

5/31/2024
The TMF Chat Room is always busy. Stop in and see who is about!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back