• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NFL Bunch of Sissies!!!

Mz Chaos

2nd Level Yellow Feather
Oh Good God!
Why don't they just play tag or flag football and be done with it!

I miss the good old days of solid hits, flowing blood and touchdown dances.

I couldn't possibly agree more. They take all the hitting out of football, yet still refuse to change the overtime rule. It's all these sort of "anti-hit" rules that got me to stop watching hockey.

"A defensive player on the ground may no longer lunge or dive at the quarterback's lower legs. And last but not least, "The Brady Rule," 100 percent influenced by Bernard Pollard's (formerly) perfectly legal hit that sidelined Tom Brady for a full year. If I have a problem with any of the new rules, it's this one, but still, I see where the NFL is coming from. If you're going to sack a quarterback now, you've just got to do it while you're standing. Quarterbacks are the most vital ingredient to good football, so if it keeps more good quarterbacks healthy, I consider it a good thing."

Holy Shit... why not just make the damn thing a no-contact sport! Or better yet... have everybody wait til the quarterback throws the ball... then wait til someone catches it... then try to knock them down before they get to the end zone by any means besides: pulling on their jersey, tripping, hitting, grabbing, pushing, shoving, nudging or sneezing hard! If the quarterback can't take a hit, he shouldn't be playing the game.

"What it comes down to it for me, with all of these safety-based rule changes, is that I'm sick of seeing guys carted off on stretchers. If it lessens the number of times that I see ambulances and neck stabilizers on football fields, even by the tiniest little margin, then I'm going to support it. That's the worst thing about football. The closer we can get that number to zero, the better off everyone's going to be."

Call me bloodthirsty but as near as I can tell the game exists for the entertainment of the fans.
We are paying 5X more for tickets and now Satellite and Cable packages than we did 20 years ago and getting 5X less the entertainment we did 20 years ago.
And for the life of me, I don't remember all that many folks being carried off the fields back then. No more than now anyway. Maybe it's because back then we had men who understood that there would probably be pain involved and shook it off and not these sissies of today who sit out for a few quarters when they sprain a toe or whose feelings get hurt when the other team gets too happy in the end zone when they made touchdowns.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...the-re-writing-of-the-rule-boo?urn=nfl,150662

Forming a "wedge" on a kickoff return is no longer legal. If three or more players line up shoulder-to-shoulder within two yards of each other, it will be a penalty.

Oh Good God!
Why don't they just play tag or flag football and be done with it!

I miss the good old days of solid hits, flowing blood and touchdown dances.

Most of me agrees with you.....except the flowing blood part. I can definitely do without it.

It seems like the more these guys make, the bigger babies they become.

I just think all of the new rules are attempting to make the game more offense based. If you are a defensive lineman, the last thing you think about during a play is "Ok I can't hit the QB in the head or hit his knees not". Your goal as a lineman is to either stop the run or hit the QB.

I completely understand about the Everett thing glue, but EVERY play is violent in a football game. They did a study about the impact runningbacks take in a football game and they basically determined that a hit for them is like running head first into a garage door at top speed with a helmet on. Better yet, what about the wide-out who runs over the middle and gets lit up by a safety? That is basically the equivalent of getting in a car wreck. They did a study about QBs getting hit on the blind side by a linebacker and determined it is greater than the wiplash experienced in a car wreck.

Cowherd has also made another point. The NFL actually had its highest ratings ever this season despite the league MVP going down in week one. Sure they have to protect the players, but if someone in the league office thinks people are going to stop watching games because Tom Brady got hurt they are stupid. There were so many other storylines this season (The emergence of Cassel, Arizona in the Superbowl, the McNabb benching, etc.) that no one cares if Tom Brady goes down in week one because there is so much else going on in the league. By the way, if anyone is a Pats fan I'm not saying you didn't care when your starting QB went down. All I'm saying is that ratings and attendence for NFL games still were as good, if not better than last year.

I always feel empathy for guys who get injured playing any sport. But that is why these guys make as much money as they do. It is high risk and high reward. I always feel bad when some guy gets hurt, even if he is on the opposing team, but it gets ridiculous at some point to where you should just say that there is an invisible halo around the QB and you can't touch him.

I agree in some ways they are trying to make the game soft, but despite that, it is still a rough and violent sport, having played myself...I hate the no touch rule they are having at QB, and I understand why, just don't like it

And Mz Chaos, I dare you to go up to any of them and call them a sissy, that would be entertaining TV

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back