• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

#notips movement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be a really bad person after what I did today. (In favor of waiters, and against the movement in this thread. I mean).

I go to TGI Fridays in my neighborhood on a regular basis, and I'm a member of their points/rewards program.

All of the waiters, waitresses, managers, etc, in TGIF know me. I'm a very good tipper.

Today, because of the points I had built up, I had a coupon for a free steak. I got a very nice big 10 ounce sirloin that a waiter who knows me recommended. It was very good.

Had I been charged the regular price for the steak, if would have been $19. With the soup, drinks, etc that I ordered, my check would have come to $27.

Due to the free steak entrée.. the entire check total was.. $9. I felt it unfair that the waiter should receive a lesser tip, because I had a free entrée.. so.. I gave him a $5 tip on a $9 check.. or,.. the regular fair tip of what it would have been.. had I been charged the actual value of the steak, according to the menu price.

I know, I'm a bad person when it comes to this "Movement". (Hangs head in shame). I just thought it not fair to do the waiter out of his fair tip, just because I had a coupon for a free entrée.

I am sure that you are a nice well meaning person. I just personally feel, that in the long run, tipping is a bad thing, because it's precisely what got waiters in the situation, where they are dependent on tips to survive.

Anybody who is against tipping falls under the "not a Dolly Parton Fan" category with me. Anybody who knows me knows what that means. For the record I've never worked in a field that involved tipping.

I must be a really bad person after what I did today. (In favor of waiters, and against the movement in this thread. I mean).

I go to TGI Fridays in my neighborhood on a regular basis, and I'm a member of their points/rewards program.

All of the waiters, waitresses, managers, etc, in TGIF know me. I'm a very good tipper.

Today, because of the points I had built up, I had a coupon for a free steak. I got a very nice big 10 ounce sirloin that a waiter who knows me recommended. It was very good.

Had I been charged the regular price for the steak, if would have been $19. With the soup, drinks, etc that I ordered, my check would have come to $27.

Due to the free steak entrée.. the entire check total was.. $9. I felt it unfair that the waiter should receive a lesser tip, because I had a free entrée.. so.. I gave him a $5 tip on a $9 check.. or,.. the regular fair tip of what it would have been.. had I been charged the actual value of the steak, according to the menu price.

I know, I'm a bad person when it comes to this "Movement". (Hangs head in shame). I just thought it not fair to do the waiter out of his fair tip, just because I had a coupon for a free entrée.

DUDE! That's, that's disgusting. A $5.00 tip? They are saving you a seat between Hitler and Stalin for that one.

TTT, I appreciate and respect that you posted your opinion in a civil, respectful manner. I have to respect that alone, even if we don't agree about the issue of tipping.

LOL Slaver. I love it.

Actually, Slaver is right!

If you're going to fall in line like the rest of society (sheeple) then you properly tip on the FULL AMOUNT not the discounted amount, or you are considered a CHEAP BASTARD!!!

See ?!? This is exactly the TRAP the greedy servants want you to fall into. "Give us more and more $$$ for walking a few steps with your food that (the cooks) someone else made and all I do is take credit for it!!

Oh!!! UNLESS the food is NOT GOOD!! Then it's the dirty Cook's fault!! Oh!
Please Don't Blame MEEEE for their mistakes!! I deserve a TIP regardless, because I'm a Servant who makes less than minimum wage!
And I got news for you buddy ... if you don't TIP me... I'll SPIT IN YOUR FOOD the next time you DARE to come in!!!"

Honestly, tell me who's the real villian?

If you're going to fall in line like the rest of society (sheeple) then you properly tip on the FULL AMOUNT not the discounted amount, or you are considered a CHEAP BASTARD!!!

See ?!? This is exactly the TRAP the greedy servants want you to fall into. "Give us more and more $$$ for walking a few steps with your food that (the cooks) someone else made and all I do is take credit for it!!

Please Don't Blame MEEEE for their mistakes!! I deserve a TIP regardless, because I'm a Servant who makes less than minimum wage!
And I got news for you buddy ... if you don't TIP me... I'll SPIT IN YOUR FOOD the next time you DARE to come in!!!"

*yawn*

Yeah, people who tips servers are villains. We're feeding into the server's greediness because that's all they ever are. Dude, you ever going to come clean?

Actually Slaver was being sarcastic. I'm a left of Center 3rd grneration union man.

I haven't posted this yet, because it just happened today.

NYC might be different than other cities, because I noticed something today that I either hadn't noticed yet.. or didn't post.

There is a Carvel store, near my office in Lower Manhattan, and they even have a tipping box there. It didn't seem to be very filled, but.. when I left the office today. I went into the Carvel, and when I bought my ice cream cone.. told the guy to keep the change.. which was about a 15% tip.

Bagel place, pastry shop, now even ice cream place. More places have tipping boxes.. or expectations, then one would think.

I'm going to overlook a lot of things here (like the wisdom and/or taste of ordering a "Steak" from TGIFridays, for one) and focus on the numbers.

Since many of you seem to lack basic MATH skills, I will calculate the correct % for you:

$19 steak + soup, drink, + etc = $27 total (before tax)
SubTotal with "Free Steak Discount" = $9

Tip given by Loyal Customer = $5
Wow! That's 55.5555555555% on $9
Are you kidding me?!? Customer of the YEAR!
That servant should be crawling under the table and showing her gratitude the only way she knows how!!!

Yeah... until you step back, and consider you are to properly tip on the TOTAL amount BEFORE DISCOUNT, just like Groupon recommends (greedy servants rules; NOT mine).

Mathematical Fact: A $5 tip on $27 (not including tax) comes out to 18.5% .
BELOW the 20% threshold servants deem acceptable!

I hope you can live with yourself knowing you did NOT meet your servant's expectations. ;-)
Perhaps a trip back to the establishment and a formal apology is in order?
Since you seem interested in asking out servers, this will give you an excellent conversation topic.
Best of Luck! Servants are always "looking for a strong provider" so they can chase their *real dreams*.

I'm going to overlook a lot of things here (like the wisdom and/or taste of ordering a "Steak" from TGIFridays, for one) and focus on the numbers.

Since many of you seem to lack basic MATH skills, I will calculate the correct % for you:

That servant should be crawling under the table and showing her gratitude the only way she knows how!!!

Yeah... until you step back, and consider you are to properly tip on the TOTAL amount BEFORE DISCOUNT, just like Groupon recommends (greedy servants rules; NOT mine).

I hope you can live with yourself knowing you did NOT meet your servant's expectations. ;-)
Since you seem interested in asking out servers, this will give you an excellent conversation topic.
Best of Luck! Servants are always "looking for a strong provider" so they can chase their *real dreams*.

Well, when I get a check for a $30 meal for example, if the waiter/waitress was cool, they get $10. That is a 33.333% tip. Servers usually get 15%, which is standard. Now what? Stop ignoring people who are calling you out on your fantasy persona. Your responses are to Mitch, who has shown his generosity, like many others in this thread. You do realize this thread has killed any credibility you might (and I use that word loosely) have had. You're thief for sure. I doubt you have a muscular body, I doubt you date "9/10 hotties". I doubt you even have anything to do with a "no tips movement"....

Unlike some in this thread, I will presume that you are not lying to us here but posting the truth.

And that makes you a THIEF who stole $55.

Moreover, you showed no remorse for your theft; indeed you boasted about it. That makes you a DAMNED THIEF.

Un fucking believable.. That's it. Now I'm going to post what I really think. Mods.. I will understand if you remove this, but.. I just cant stand anymore how this shit by him is allowed to go on.

First off. Who I do, or don't ask out,.. is none of your fucking business, coldneck.

Second. I may lack.. "Basic math skills", You. on the other hand, lack basic civility skills.

Unlike you.. I don't look down on people because of their work positions in life.. My threshold for judging someone.. is by the Martin Luther King mandate.. by the content of someone's character.

kay.

Now you're just grasping.

Well, when I get a check for a $30 meal for example, if the waiter/waitress was cool, they get $10. That is a 33.333% tip. Servers usually get 15%, which is standard. Now what? Stop ignoring people who are calling you out on your fantasy persona. Your responses are to Mitch, who has shown his generosity, like many others in this thread. You do realize this thread has killed any credibility you might (and I use that word loosely) have had. You're thief for sure. I doubt you have a muscular body, I doubt you date "9/10 hotties". I doubt you even have anything to do with a "no tips movement"....

Perhaps he'll get bored with this fantasy, and move on to something else that feeds all of his insecurities, like an MMA fighter who stomps homeless people on his way between "kicking ass in the Octagon" and "hanging with my bros at the bar where all the hot babes are buying me (insert name of drink he was able to look up that sounded cool)".

Unlike some in this thread, I will presume that you are not lying to us here but posting the truth.

Moreover, you showed no remorse for your theft; indeed you boasted about it. That makes you a DAMNED THIEF.

THIEF is such as subjective and outdated term.

Let's look at who the $ really belonged to:
It certainly wasn't the lowly servant's $, although some could argue it was "intended for the servant," I just made damn sure that wasn't going to happen on my watch.
If it was anyone's, it was my lovely, but misguided date's.
I couldn't live with myself knowing my date would do such a thing, so what I did was *redirect* the money back to its rightful owner - my 9/10 Legal Eagle Goddess!

After I finished giving her my own personal 5.3" tip, I had a "come to Jesus" (hey, she was already in heaven - haha!) talk with her about the evils of tipping.

When I asked her why she did it, she replied that "It's something I just do without thinking about it much. It's a knee-jerk reaction."
So I had to hit her with the cold, hard facts that 83% of all servers have substance abuse issues and her hard-earned $ is probably funding Colombian and Cambodian Drug Cartels and she's actually just enabling servants to continue to abuse drugs. That and it just fuels their sense of entitlement and rewards them for doing what a trained monkey could do: carry plates of food to a table a relatively short distance and refill drinks.

Of course she had to agree with me and vowed to swear off tipping for life.
Now, this is a bright young woman with a future!

#doingtherightthing #moralsandethics #notipsever

I'm just quoting this for posterity. I've met Milagros and been here since I have no idea and never once seen him angry.

Don't mind me.

THIEF is such as subjective and outdated term.

Let's look at who the $ really belonged to:
It certainly wasn't the lowly servant's $, although some could argue it was "intended for the servant," I just made damn sure that wasn't going to happen on my watch.
If it was anyone's, it was my lovely, but misguided date's.
I couldn't live with myself knowing my date would do such a thing, so what I did was *redirect* the money back to its rightful owner - my 9/10 Legal Eagle Goddess!

After I finished giving her my own personal 5.3" tip, I had a "come to Jesus" (hey, she was already in heaven - haha!) talk with her about the evils of tipping.

When I asked her why she did it, she replied that "It's something I just do without thinking about it much. It's a knee-jerk reaction."
So I had to hit her with the cold, hard facts that 83% of all servers have substance abuse issues and her hard-earned $ is probably funding Colombian and Cambodian Drug Cartels and she's actually just enabling servants to continue to abuse drugs. That and it just fuels their sense of entitlement and rewards them for doing what a trained monkey could do: carry plates of food to a table a relatively short distance and refill drinks.

Of course she had to agree with me and vowed to swear off tipping for life.
Now, this is a bright young woman with a future!

#doingtherightthing #moralsandethics #notipsever

Seriously? If this was real (and it's not), then you are so full of shit. You told her, a lawyer, that 83% of servers have substance abuse issues, and she didn't question your "facts"? She didn't ask where on his planet did those stats come from? She took what you said at face value and vowed to swear off tipping for life? Yeah, some lawyer this is....

Also, you did give one honest answer about yourself. 5.3 inches huh? Yeah, you are such a stud.... Not even an average size of 6 inches? hahahahahahahahahaha yeah, the 9/10 hotties just fall all over your 5.3 inches muscle head...

I've been watching this one for a little bit and I've gotta say this thread is such a laugh! I can see why people are biting but I think that's what the OP wants! Pretty sure he's winding you all up on purpose but some of the stuff he's coming out with is cracking me up! "After I finished giving her my own personal 5.3" tip". Fantastic.

I've been watching this one for a little bit and I've gotta say this thread is such a laugh! I can see why people are biting but I think that's what the OP wants! Pretty sure he's winding you all up on purpose but some of the stuff he's coming out with is cracking me up! "After I finished giving her my own personal 5.3" tip". Fantastic.
Definitely, he's trolling in a satiric manner.
I refuse to believe anyone could be as lame as the persona he's created and still be able to type.

Look at all the envy boners popping up in this thread. :laughhard: :bwahaha:

I could say a lot of things about the OP and how I feel about people with that kind of personality. But in the interest of preserving what's left of the brutalized GR policy in this thread, I'll just say I don't like him any more than the rest of you. But whatever we may think of the guy, the movement IS real. I've seen it here in Austin.

I was at the Roaring Fork on Braker a few weeks ago. It's a little bit more upscale than your Cheddars or Texas Roadhouse. I was there because my colleagues were in town for some conferences and the director took us out to dinner. They do this a few times a year and expense it as "team building."

Anyway, there was a table nearby where four or five guys were laughing and talking kind of loudly. I thought it a little curious that they all wore the same unzipped hoodie sweatshirts. But it was evening and I figured they all belonged to the same volleyball team or something.

But when they got up to leave, they all took off their sweatshirts. Every one of them had on a white sleeveless T-shirt that said #NOTIPS in big letters on the back. I thought to myself, geez what a bunch of assholes! They're not even going to tip that poor waitress. They made sure everybody saw them. I didn't SAY anything and a big part of the reason I didn't was because they were all ripped body builders. Nobody said anything to them as they left, laughing and jeering.

After they left, my colleagues and I pitched in and gave that abused waitress fifty bucks. She was was almost in tears. Evidently those bastards were not kind to her.

OOPs? Is the status quo feelin' tough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

5/27/2024
Take a moment to think about those that sacrificed all on this Memorial Day.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back