• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Now Hear This (Recommended Cd's & Albums)

featherfingers

1st Level Green Feather
As a result of interaction with a fellow TMF member, I will be purchasing a CD based on his recommendation. I thought it would be fun to name a CD you think should be in everyone's collection. This could have been called "Greatest CD's & Albums", as well, but since my intention is to possibly buy a recommended CD, the original title will do...

With that in mind, I recommend Love's "Forever Changes" album, to anyone who thought they've already heard the best from the 1960s. This album is a masterpiece and Love would have become more popular if group leader Arthur Lee had been more aggressive about marketing the group. This album is almost as good as The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's..." album.

Last edited:
Maroon 5. (I own it but don't know the name~they only have one anyhoo!):p
Every song on it is great. Oh and I have an amazing solo album from Jeff Lynne that came out around 1990...

XOXO

steph said:
Maroon 5. (I own it but don't know the name~they only have one anyhoo!):p
Every song on it is great. Oh and I have an amazing solo album from Jeff Lynne that came out around 1990...

XOXO
Songs about Jane?

I like Fountains of Wayne, Welcome Interstate Managers.....when I can get past Staceys Mom :D

yeah its Songs About Jane.

well lets see. Best rap cds..JAY Z Black Album..either you love it or hate it. Jim Jones' On my way to Church.. Mobb Deeps' Amerikaz Most Wanted. T.I. Trap Muzik, KanYe Wests' college dropout and Lloydd Banks' Hunger for More. Those are just a few

R and B. Nellys' Suit album..remarkable possibly his best yet, behind Country Grammer of course. Avants' Ecstacy. Jagged Edges' Hard and J.E. Heartbreak., 112s' Part III. Tyreses' 2000 watts. Mario Winans. its either Hurt no More or Cry No More.

Rock and alternative. Shinedowns' Leave a whisper. Anything from Godsmack or Metallica. Ataris' So Long Astoria. YellowCard. Oceans Ave. awesome cd.

Greatest Hits Cd's.. Elvis, 30 #1's and Second 2 None are both good, Led Zepplins' Latter Days. Frank Sinatras' Sinatra's Reprise: The Very Good Years is great!

Religious stuff. AlterBridge.. its Creed without the lead singer..much better!! Kutless is good. Switchfoot is good.

ill come back later with more music! :)

Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals... Pink Floyd

Some of my choices are

Who's next- The Who

Rush- Spirit of the Radio (This is not the song, there is an album also called Spirit of the radio with all the top songs from all the albums they made)

Rush 2112

Led Zep- In through the outdoor

Meatloaf- Bat out of Hell

Pink Floyd- Echos

REO Speedwagon- Hi Infidelity

Cheap Trick- Greatest Hits

I'll think of more later

Frank Zappa and The Mothers Of Invention: "We're Only In It For The Money", a brilliant parody of The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper" album, Frank & Co. make fun of the hippy counterculture. The album cover alone is worth the price of the CD. It features the entire band wearing women's clothing, surrounded by other famous and not so famous faces (Jimi Hendrix is there, too), a perfect spoof of the "Sgt Pepper's" album cover.

Frank Zappa: "Joe's Garage, Acts I, II & III". Zappa's story of a world where music is outlawed, which features songs such as "Catholic Girls", "Crew Slut" and "Why Does It Hurt When I Pee". Not only musically interesting but funny as hell!

I find that "The King is Dead/Long Live the King" by Enigma is soothing, relaxing, and equitable to a state of mind that is itself wholesome for some constructive, imaginative creativity.

'Course, I could be alone in this...

The Allman Brothers at Fillmore East
Exile on Main Street-The Rolling Stones

Steph

I love Maroon 5's song "This Love". I can listen to it without getting tired. Last songs I could do that to was Avril Lavigne's "Complicated" and Train's "Drops of Jupiter". I think I loke these songs cause they are very similar to the songs that came out in the mid 70's, before disco.

That Maroon 5 song is excellent! (And I don't really listen to today's Top 40 hits). It sounds like a throwback to the 70's sound, which is just fine with me. Is the entire CD as good as that song?

I'm not into rap that much, but I've heard that a couple of Public Enemy's CD's are outstanding. Can anyone enlighten me, because I love any music that makes a statement.

This is hard to to even name stuff cause it all depends on a person's musical tastes LOL. Theres many must haves for all genres but would take too long to name all.

Steph, I saw ya mention a Jeff Lynne solo LP from 1990? I did not know of this, something I probably need to look into now since I am a fan;)

Yup buggs and Frankie~the whole album is totally kickass, I could play it over and over!

And yep Mr. DJ~I'm a huge fan too--remind me and I'll get the name of it-SUCH a great album. George Harrison produced and you can totally hear it! Jeff even does a few oldies like "Stormy Weather"!!!

XOXO

featherfingers said:
That Maroon 5 song is excellent! (And I don't really listen to today's Top 40 hits). It sounds like a throwback to the 70's sound, which is just fine with me. Is the entire CD as good as that song?

I'm not into rap that much, but I've heard that a couple of Public Enemy's CD's are outstanding. Can anyone enlighten me, because I love any music that makes a statement.

Oh wow that would be cool to hear. Harrison doin the producing. Kinda reverse to how Jeff produced most of his stuff from 87 - the end. Yea let me know the name of it when ya can:)

dskodj said:
Steph, I saw ya mention a Jeff Lynne solo LP from 1990? I did not know of this, something I probably need to look into now since I am a fan;)
I believe the album is called "Armchair Theatre" and it's from 1989. (I always have my handy music guides nearby). If you like Jeff Lynne, you may want to get "Concert For George", the live all-star tribute to George Harrison, on CD and DVD. Features Jeff Lynne, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr, Billy Preston and more. It's very good. Especially "Something". Simply beautiful!

BOND!!! BOND BOND BOND BOND BOND!!!

Get their albums and DVD people!

They have 4 albums, and one concert DVD, and you can find them all at Best Buy.

In order of albums:

Born(2000)
Shine(2002)
Remixed(2003) ( unreleased Remixed songs from Born and Shine including bonus songs)
CLASSIFIED(2004)

All of their albums are good...and the concert DVD is a concert of them performing songs from the BOrn album.

GET TO IT PEOPLE! The name is bond See my pic if you need a visual.

Now BOND is a group I'd love to BOND with. I need to know what their music sounds like... is it pop or is it more complex. I already respect them for the fact that they play their own instruments... don't they?

Thanks for the info Feather :) Yes ill def have to check that DVD out. I had heard bout it but didnt know Jeff Lynne was involved. And BOND is classical music played by some hot females from what I gather..never heard any of their stuff but I know its classical.

dskodj said:
Thanks for the info Feather :) Yes ill def have to check that DVD out. I had heard bout it but didnt know Jeff Lynne was involved. And BOND is classical music played by some hot females from what I gather..never heard any of their stuff but I know its classical.

Classical? You mean like Mozart classical? Wow, I'm buying one of their CD's! I love classical music! Thanks, dskodj... and thanks to you, too, Iluv2Btickled!

Yes from what I understand thats what they are. I'll have to check out some of their stuff myself cause ive heard alot of people talkin bout em. Having real music made of any sort in this age is def worth checkin out;)

featherfingers said:
Classical? You mean like Mozart classical? Wow, I'm buying one of their CD's! I love classical music! Thanks, dskodj... and thanks to you, too, Iluv2Btickled!

It's official, everyone... I just listened to tracks by the group Bond (off the "Classified" CD)and my verdict is... THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!! That is some of the best stuff I've heard coming out of this decade or even the 90's! I got chills hearing some of those songs... and I'm a 60s & 70s Rock & Soul music FREAK! Hear it for yourselves at www.circuitcity.com. I'm impressed!

These are kinda off-beat choices:

Fairport Convention- "Liege and Leaf"
Miles Davis- "In a Silent Way"

and for a good box set under $30 dollars:

Sun Records- "The Ultimate Blues Collection". This is REAL blues music, not some jackoff in wayfarers and fedora talking hip, playing Hendrix/Stevie Ray guitar riffs and making Eric Clapton faces.

Drew

Ok I just went to Winmx and grabbed 2 tracks at random..one called "Fantasia" and one called "Speed"..now if this is the right Bond, I dunno where people got the idea classical but..this is brilliant work and defenatly very Giorgio Moroder inspired..solid stuff..think ill be checking much more of them;)

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back